MFM polygon project

Organize, plan, exchange ideas, debate our mapping project.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about current MFM projects or propose new projects only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
duke17
Champion Polygon Mapper
Champion Polygon Mapper

Re: MFM polygon project

Postby duke17 » Thu May 21, 2009 6:06 pm

Hi all,
Today learnt something new from bro Chua. Manage to change custom MFM Polygon colors to my mp file. :thumbsup: :tq: bro.
Will submit a new file with these in the next update soon. :peace:
Garmin Montana 650; Nuvi 2575RLM; BMW Navigator V; Nuvi 205; Garmin Edge 1000; mfm

fruitplus
Polygon Mapper

Postby fruitplus » Fri May 22, 2009 9:16 am

:good: :good: :good:
Happy Mapping bro duke17!
Past + Present = Future

fauzee
Polygon Mapper

Postby fauzee » Fri May 22, 2009 5:35 pm

still wait from Bro Singawon about patched Mapedit license..Success or not.. :-k :-k Bro Duke17..maybe u can 'Hallo' to Singawon about activate license key.. :mrgreen:
~Lost Is Nothing~
...PLEASE INSTALL THE LATEST MAPS BEFORE DOIN' SOMETHIN'...

duke17
Champion Polygon Mapper
Champion Polygon Mapper

Postby duke17 » Sat May 23, 2009 3:00 pm

fauzee wrote:still wait from Bro Singawon about patched Mapedit license..Success or not.. :-k :-k Bro Duke17..maybe u can 'Hallo' to Singawon about activate license key.. :mrgreen:

Already pm him :peace:
Garmin Montana 650; Nuvi 2575RLM; BMW Navigator V; Nuvi 205; Garmin Edge 1000; mfm

fauzee
Polygon Mapper

Postby fauzee » Sat May 23, 2009 4:27 pm

:tq: :good:
~Lost Is Nothing~
...PLEASE INSTALL THE LATEST MAPS BEFORE DOIN' SOMETHIN'...

sentry
Valued Contributor

Postby sentry » Sun May 24, 2009 4:00 pm

Have a question here - how to adjust google earth shift? Read some instruction like "Right click in the mapedit screen, you will see a pop up of google, then select shift, shift the google map to align with the map roads", and there are numbers that show the offset in X & Y direction. However the closest command that I can find is Tools -> Transform Map -> Shift (but I couldn't find the X & Y offset value), are they the same?

BTW -I'm using GPSMapEdit 1.0.56.2 registered copied.

Can any experts show me the way?

duke17
Champion Polygon Mapper
Champion Polygon Mapper

Postby duke17 » Sun May 24, 2009 10:27 pm

sentry wrote:Have a question here - how to adjust google earth shift? Read some instruction like "Right click in the mapedit screen, you will see a pop up of google, then select shift, shift the google map to align with the map roads", and there are numbers that show the offset in X & Y direction. However the closest command that I can find is Tools -> Transform Map -> Shift (but I couldn't find the X & Y offset value), are they the same?

BTW -I'm using GPSMapEdit 1.0.56.2 registered copied.

Can any experts show me the way?

Mzke sure your pointer is the arrow, then when you right clik the shift menu will appear :peace:

sentry
Valued Contributor

Postby sentry » Sun May 24, 2009 11:57 pm

duke17 wrote:
Mzke sure your pointer is the arrow, then when you right clik the shift menu will appear :peace:

Got it, thanks!

duke17
Champion Polygon Mapper
Champion Polygon Mapper

Postby duke17 » Wed May 27, 2009 5:54 pm

joedoss wrote:
alyem wrote:
joedoss wrote:Hi, Is there some where I can read up on how to create/draw polygons??? This looks interesting and I would like to know if i have the IQ :ko: to attempt it :lol:

Check out here >> viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1603

Thanks bro alyem !! :tq:, but this this link is for the customization of the display for icons, polygons and road display. I'm more interested in finding out how to create new polygons for MFM contribution :thumbsup: .

Hello bro ,
Follow the path that I took and you will be doing polygons in a short time. You must be really crazy about it to succeed. Download the GPSMapedit software first here http://www.geopainting.com/en/
Play around with the unregistered version first. You cannot use the built in google function because it is not registered. However you can download a separate google map software(free). Open it separetely and zoom and adjust it so as to match the an area which you intend to do the polygon in blank MFM Polygon areas.mp file which you can find at the beginning of this thread.Run this two programs. Switch between the two programs the get the the overlay as close as possible.

Use a lot of imagination and adjustments to succeed. Use the Mapedit program by trial and error to learn its functions until you really know how to use the unregistered version and its limitations. Then...you are ready for the registered version and finally on the road to be a polygon mapper. :peace:

singawon
Valued Contributor

Postby singawon » Wed May 27, 2009 8:31 pm

duke17 wrote:
fauzee wrote:still wait from Bro Singawon about patched Mapedit license..Success or not.. :-k :-k Bro Duke17..maybe u can 'Hallo' to Singawon about activate license key.. :mrgreen:

Already pm him :peace:

Alamak....now then i saw this post...paiseh lah....nowsday quite busy with work in the day, night busy with kids... :mrgreen:

I am trying to fine tune and beautify those drawn polygon, and learning how to create custom icon, anyone can teach me, blur blur leh.... :oops:
诸恶莫作 众善奉行 自净其意 是诸佛教

Return to “Project Room”