Gross Different found btwn Malfreemap v1.61 & MSM MYSG v3.04

Organize, plan, exchange ideas, debate our mapping project.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about current MFM projects or propose new projects only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
imantulen

Re: Gross Different found btwn Malfreemap v1.61 & MSM MYSG v3.04

Postby imantulen » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:54 pm

unclediy wrote:
robseet wrote:starting coordinate:N3 02.926 E101 37.994
Ending coordinate: N4 33.499 E101 24.943

Time taken given by MfM to drive between the two points is 3h la, not 4hrs+!
CH.jpeg

this is interesting.... ](*,)
ploting the same data with my mapsource using the same v1.62, i got 2hrs: 22mins..... :ko:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by imantulen on Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

robseet

Postby robseet » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:02 pm

OngCC wrote:Yes, 59 is narrow and winding. It is set to 20km/h intentionally.

Really? So it will really take me almost 4 hours if i m to follow the Tapah exit to CH lah?
hm...like that i guess i will take the Simpang Pulai exit...although it is 25km longer.

Just curious, is the Tapah-CH road used by most motorist & busy most of the time? And Simpang Pulai seldom used?

antyong (retired)
Site Admin (retired)

Postby antyong (retired) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:37 pm

robseet wrote:
OngCC wrote:Yes, 59 is narrow and winding. It is set to 20km/h intentionally.

Really? So it will really take me almost 4 hours if i m to follow the Tapah exit to CH lah?
hm...like that i guess i will take the Simpang Pulai exit...although it is 25km longer.

Just curious, is the Tapah-CH road used by most motorist & busy most of the time? And Simpang Pulai seldom used?

On the Tapah-CH road, if you are behind a vegetable truck or slow moving vehicle, you will average 40km :) Simpang Pulai route, while longer, is more comfortable with better scenery. Time to destination is about the same - 4 hours.

zack6022004

Postby zack6022004 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:59 am

:-' mfm lagi tepat and different tak banyak dalam +-10% beza masa.

JasonLee
Regional Mapper
Location: Penang (Magellan Meridian Color & Garmin Nuvi 1460, 2465, 2575R, 3560 & Etrex 30)

Postby JasonLee » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:19 pm

I have not found any post that gave the right answer so I hope to add to the confusion.

I don't think there is anything wrong with either MSM or MFM map.

Estimated time of arrival is calculated from the recorded moving average speed. If you have been travelling at a constant high speed and then do the routing, you will get a shorter ETA. If you have been crawling through city traffic prior to the routing, then you get a longer ETA.

The trick is to reset the trip data then you can make a sensible comparison. If you reset, the GPS will use the pre-programmed average speed for the vehicle you have chosen. If you choose car, it will be around 70kph. If you choose pedestrian, your ETA will be several days later.

Just reset trip data then check again and see. :thumbsup:
Lean not on your own understanding

sabre23t

Postby sabre23t » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:28 pm

JasonLee wrote:Estimated time of arrival is calculated from the recorded moving average speed.

Mmm ... AFAIK, Garmin devices does not use "recorded moving average speed" for ETA calculation at all. Garmin devices will give the same ETA for destination, what ever your speed are or were at your current location. Setting travel mode (car, pedestrian etc) does change the ETA for Garmin devices.

However, Papago/Mapking devices do use "recorded moving average speed" in their ETA calculation.
4SQ, Waze, GMM, MSM, MFM & OSM ;-}

Return to “Project Room”