Garmin StreetPilot for iPhone

Discussions and information on mobile devices with integrated GPS chipset

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS in mobile devices only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
koochy_rat

Re: Garmin Apps on iPhone

Postby koochy_rat » Thu May 31, 2012 10:10 pm

Bad news, voice navigation actually doesn't work after replacing gmapbmap.img with MFM. It will always say "Please proceed to highlighted route". Using GPS simulator it works, but real GPS does not. Sigh, back to square one :(

LobsterX

Postby LobsterX » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:04 am

I hit a road block

"Activation of maps requires internet connection. Please ensure you have a connection to the internet using either your data plan of WIFI"

even after editing the host file

help? :shock:

Equmen

Postby Equmen » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:46 pm

FaZo wrote:
andre wrote:
helium wrote:/private/var/mobile/Applications/"xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"/garmin-nav.app/storage-western-eu/.System

This "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" is the folder for each apps, so you have to go folder by folder to look for garmin-nav.app

And so far it works fine for me...

Yes, I've put the map there and rename it

But when I check on setting > myMaps > none found

But the garmin already show "ready to navigate"

I had the same problem, and this is how i solved it.

1. Install Garmin Streetpilot Onboard in your iphone.
2. Download or create "gmapsupp.img" from Malfreemaps. Download link for .exe file can be found here http://www.malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=8442 .
3. Change "gmapsupp.img" to "gmapprom.img" .
4. Install "iexplorer" in your computer, this is a file explorer for you iphone. If you have ifunbox, it won't open one of the directory, don't know why.
5. In iexplorer, search for this directory "var\mobile\Applications\[xxxxxxxxxxxx]\garmin-nav.app\storage-usa\.System" ( [xxxxxxxxx] is a random number and alphabet for the app directory, try open one by one and see which one is the garmin folder).
6. Copy the "gmapprom.img" that you rename before, and paste it in this directory.
7. Now you need to install "ifile" in your phone. (ifile is the file explorer in iphone).
8. If you already have (or downloaded) .deb file for the "ifile" , just copy it into " /var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall " (using ixplorer) and it will install automatically after you reboot your iphone.
9. Next step, open "ifile" and go to the same directory as mentioned in (5), then tap the blue colour arrow next to the "gmapprom.img" .
10. Change the permission ( User, Group, World ), all to [ Read , Write ].
11. Exit ifile, then open Garmin Streetpilot Onboard, then you will have the desired MFM super awesome map.

What is .deb file? Is downloading .deb file a must? Where can I download the .deb file mentioned above? Thanks!

galileo

Postby galileo » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:42 pm

LobsterX wrote:"Activation of maps requires internet connection. Please ensure you have a connection to the internet using either your data plan of WIFI"

Just replace gmap3d.img file with unlocked, just make sure all maps are unlocked

upm15

Postby upm15 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:12 pm

MFM map rename to gmapprom.img doesnt work, need to rename to gmapbmap.img.

galileo

Postby galileo » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:47 pm

upm15 wrote:MFM map rename to gmapprom.img doesnt work, need to rename to gmapbmap.img.

Tested and confirmed not working by rename to gmapprom.img for SG & MY version but it works for the USA version. Just remember to set the permission using iFile.

kaplex

Postby kaplex » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:04 am

upm15 wrote:MFM map rename to gmapprom.img doesnt work, need to rename to gmapbmap.img.

But if you replace mfm to gmapbmap, it cant calculate the route from KL to JB. :frus:

vincent829

Postby vincent829 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:32 pm

My solution now: Garmin USA running with MFM maps AND Garmin SG/MY running Garmin City Navigator / MSM maps. Now I can have all at once. (Ya, file size is a matter)
Garmin GPS 10x, N82 Black Edition, HTC touch Diamond user...

kaplex

Postby kaplex » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:46 pm

i think i found the temporary solution without replacing base maps.
You have to rename mfm to "gmap3d.img" and replace the current gmap3d.img in .System folder and delete gmapprom.img and gmapprom1.img.

divemuster
Contributor

Re: StreetPilot for iPhone

Postby divemuster » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:01 pm

Latest update: StreetPilot for iPhone with MY/SG maps available for download on iTunes. Current offer @US$19.90. Works offline with the maps onboard the phone but beware on the initial download and installation. Massive amount of data download ... i think ard 1GB i heard some ppl say.
To Air is Human, To Nitrox Divine!!

Return to “GPS on Mobile Phones & PDAs”