Garmin Mobile XT for Windows Mobile

Discussions and information on mobile devices with integrated GPS chipset

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS in mobile devices only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
azlan96

Re: HTC WinMo Phones w/ GMXT

Postby azlan96 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:13 pm

Why when I launch Garmin Mobile XT on my HTC HD2 when there is NO Cell RECEPTION at all, The Garmin becomes Unregistered when it is already registered, but when got reception it becomes normal back...

aeyman301

Re: problems with HTC TYTN ii

Postby aeyman301 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:17 pm

before i used this HTC TYTN ii,my brother used this garmin mobile xt and its is work fine.

dvpro

Postby dvpro » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:13 pm

Please verify that GPS port is already connected at Tools > Settings > System > Remote GPS. If the connection is fine, go outdoors to an open area, away from obstructions, in a stationary position, to acquire satellite signals.

BTW, Bro Azlan has got a point there. There is one issue that I recall affecting a few batches of this model, and you can read about it here (and see whether your Tytn II belongs to the problematic batches - if so, don't worry, it's a simple DIY fix): HTC Tytn II / Kaiser Slow GPS Fix and the SIRIM Sticker
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

doubliewkay

Postby doubliewkay » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:37 am

aeyman301 wrote:i cant get the gps signals i have waiting in a 10 minute still cant get signals and i have update the gps database still cant get the signals.please help....

thanks.

Is the vehicle moving while u're trying to get the signal?
It should be a lot faster when it is stationary, usually less than 1 minute on a good clear day.

aeyman301

Postby aeyman301 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:31 pm

ok,now i have format the device,i have update ROM version and i have format my SD card. i have install GMXT and i just got one satellite bar INDOORS

WHAT THE PROBLEM NOW??? :frus:

WHAT DO I DO????!!!
Last edited by aeyman301 on Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dvpro

Postby dvpro » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:55 pm

Have you read my reply above about the Sirim sticker problem? Have you verified that your TyTn II is not affected by it?
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

aeyman301

Postby aeyman301 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:08 pm

no,my tytn ii don have the sirim sticker

gn00179426

GMXT original is using "Miles", How to switch it to "KM"?

Postby gn00179426 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:05 pm

i installed a garmin mobile XT in my phone recently, but i found that when the software is navigating, its using miles but not kilometers, how do i switch to KM?? thx...

tuah
Champion Tracker
Champion Tracker

Re: GMXT original is using "Miles", How to switch it to "KM"

Postby tuah » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:26 pm

gn00179426 wrote:i installed a garmin mobile XT in my phone recently, but i found that when the software is navigating, its using miles but not kilometers, how do i switch to KM?? thx...

tools/settings/system/[distance/speed] <metric>

VHS1

garmin mobile xt :question about turning off after 10mins

Postby VHS1 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:06 am

today i discovered that after 10 mins my device suddenly turn off screen and into standby mode and thus turn off navigation which was on.
after pressing on again...the process of of few seconds for logging on the satellites and acquired them.
throughout my destination, my device turn off many times and i had to press the on button countlessly while still driving.
my device was plugged in and on charging mode throughout the trip
i have checked that the blacklight overreride items are all checked.

anyone can tell me what wrong?

previously i never encountered before;

was it coused by my device settings of backlight (on batter/AC)..but i really doubt that because many times in the past it wont contradict with the garmin when we set the backlight override to always on when charging/ always on when navigating/a;ways on

any sifu can help?

Return to “GPS on Mobile Phones & PDAs”