Since 2 other forum members encountered problems installing PaPaGo X5 on their PDA, I decided to share the steps I took to get mine working, to help other members. Maybe the admins would like to transfer this thread to the appropriate topic for reference by other members.
None of these information and steps are mentioned in any of the documents, files or in the website. There is a disappointing lack of information to guide us through the installation/registration process.
It did take me quite a bit of time for several trial and errors before I managed to complete the application installation. When I did finally complete the application installation on my HTC HD2, the application kept crashing at start-up.CAUTION
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU REGISTER ON THE MACTION SITE AT ANY POINT BEFORE IT IS REQUIRED AS ELABORATED IN THE STEPS GIVEN BELOW. IT IS IMPORTANT THAT THE CORRECT REGISTRATION METHOD IS USED AND THIS WILL ONLY BE KNOWN AFTER THE APPLICATION IS STARTED.
One of our members did and is unable to proceed.
Start by installing the application. To do this, insert the CD and autorun it. A folder will open with the program mapinstall.exe. Run this application to install the PaPaGo X5 application.
There are 2 methods to install the PaPaGo application i.e PC-PDA-SD Card and PC-SD Card methods. I chose to install it using the PC-PDA-SD Card method. But during the installation, one of next screen showed that there is not enough space on the PDA to accommodate the application and it will install it on the SD card anyway. I have not tried installing it using the PC-SD Card Direct Installation method.
Assuming that the PaPaGo X5 application in now installed in your SD, from here on, proceed as follows:
1. Access the CD and your device (both connected to your PC/Laptop)
2. Copy the entire MFM Folder and its contents which is found in the \PAPAGO\SD\Navi\Maps\ folder on the CD to the \Navi\Maps\ folder on your HTC HD SD card. I have reason to believe that the application crash is due to the fact that the map is not installed during the installation process. I did this and the application started.
3. When this is complete, start the application. The application should come up and a registration screen will appear. There are 2 possible types of registration screens. One using device IMEI and the other using Owner Name.
If the IMEI registration method appears, the device IMEI will be automatically be pre-populated on the registration screen.
In any case, leave the device for a moment.
You can still use the application for 14 days without registering.
4. Now go to the Maction website http://www.mmcode.com
. Proceed with the registration by entering the 14 digit AlphaNumeric Product Authorization Code found on the Product Registration Card enclosed in the CD Pack. This 14 digit number cannot be used in the PaPaGo Registration screen on your PDA.
also register on the website using the method shown on your device i.e. either using the IMEI or the Owner method.DO NOT DEVIATE.
Deviation will cause you not to be able to register and according to Maction, "No Refunds Will Be Entertained".
5. Complete the 3rd registration screen by entering all the information required. If it is the IMEI method, enter the device IMEI number which is displayed on the PaPaGo X5 registration screen now showing on your device.
DO NOT USE ANY OTHER IMEI NUMBER (not the one shown on the box or on WM6 screen because they differ).
6. The Maction website will now generate a set of 8 Number Code called "registration code" (on the final screen) for each map (One for Navigasi and another for MFM). It will also generate a Excel file and send you an email containing the two registration codes. (There are 2 maps given in the CD, one is MFM and the other is Navigasi).
7. Enter the MFM 8 Number "Registration Code" generated by the Maction website/Excel/email into into the "Authorization Code" box in the registration screen shown on your device.
This should complete the registration process and you should be off and running.
In Step 2 you could also copy the Navigasi files if you wish.