Nokia 5800 - Part 1

Discussions and information on mobile devices with integrated GPS chipset

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS in mobile devices only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
J-Slade

Re: Nokia 5800 Xpress Music

Postby J-Slade » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:59 pm

we3 wrote:Step 6> 3. GMXT v5.00.40
where should i download GMXT v5.00.40?
i dont know which link i should choose...
can somebody teach me?
thx a lot...

Maybe my instructions is not clear enough. You need all 3 files. The v5.00.40 installer, the basemap and the support files.. and also a copy of MFM lah :D

The download links are in the word "here"
Nokia 5800 XpressMusic loaded with Garmin Mobile XT loaded with mfm
www.KnowMoreStuff.com
Everyone wants to know more stuff... Don't you?

fruitplus
Polygon Mapper

Postby fruitplus » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:32 pm

kasutkoyak wrote:asking... y my phone always hang when use GMXT v 500.40, firmware phone is v20.0.012... is the garmin had a bug or my phone had prob? guy... wanna ur opinion..

Welcome to the club my friend!!! :peace: :peace: :peace:
Past + Present = Future

duke17
Champion Polygon Mapper
Champion Polygon Mapper

Re: Garmin Mobile XT on Nokia 5800

Postby duke17 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:47 pm

So better use the dedicated GPS units like Zumo,Nuvi,Streetpilots..etc :D
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Garmin Montana 650; Nuvi 2575RLM; BMW Navigator V; Nuvi 205; Garmin Edge 1000; mfm

duke17
Champion Polygon Mapper
Champion Polygon Mapper

Postby duke17 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:36 pm

Actually I had set the setting to just integrated GPS and it took a little bit longer for it to lock on the satellites. ...less than one minute. :thumbsup:
Just keep your fingers off the section of the body where the GPS antenna is. :peace:
Last edited by duke17 on Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Garmin Montana 650; Nuvi 2575RLM; BMW Navigator V; Nuvi 205; Garmin Edge 1000; mfm

kasutkoyak

Postby kasutkoyak » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:53 am

fruitplus wrote:
kasutkoyak wrote:asking... y my phone always hang when use GMXT v 500.40, firmware phone is v20.0.012... is the garmin had a bug or my phone had prob? guy... wanna ur opinion..

yaya.. thank bro... but my phone hav a prob ley... =P~ =P~ =P~

marzocchi

Postby marzocchi » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:34 pm

hi all..just bought my nokia 5800 2 weeks ago.

pretty new to gps stuff and has been reading up a lot recently.

so i guess the full and lite version no difference? so i would rather use full version...have yet to test it out yet cos was using msm previously.

btw, when getting the new map and installing using mapsource, do u guys choose "Map Display Customisation" to be

(i) Full
(ii) Custom POI only
(iii) none.

For those who duno what i'm talking about, refer here

i chose option (ii) and just wondering what's the difference other than the road display is difference. any effect on the lag?

and did u guys experience hang when u browse map? after scrolling for awhile...the programme just hang. happens every single time i try it.

marzocchi

Postby marzocchi » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:35 pm

wow lucky i come across this thread...just disabled my AGPS. and the gps lock in just as fast without the AGPS.

anyone used both full and lite version of mfm map? any difference in lag? current we canot search by postal code...only by road name?

also, when getting the new full map and installing using mapsource, do u guys choose "Map Display Customisation" to be

(i) Full
(ii) Custom POI only
(iii) none.

i chose option (ii) and just wondering what's the difference other than the road display is different. any effect on the lag?

and did u guys experience hang when u browse map? after scrolling for awhile...the programme just hang. happens every single time i try it.

vash_h

Postby vash_h » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:41 am

marzocchi wrote:wow lucky i come across this thread...just disabled my AGPS. and the gps lock in just as fast without the AGPS.

anyone used both full and lite version of mfm map? any difference in lag? current we canot search by postal code...only by road name?

also, when getting the new full map and installing using mapsource, do u guys choose "Map Display Customisation" to be

(i) Full
(ii) Custom POI only
(iii) none.

i chose option (ii) and just wondering what's the difference other than the road display is different. any effect on the lag?

basically, when choosing an option there, it is just some minor tweaking.. during installation, when you select your option there, just move your mouse there, and it will tell you which models are surpose to use which option.

For 5800, which uses GMXT, option (ii) will be best. Although i choose Road POI as well.
The other options are for Nuvi, 70csx (or something like that) and so on..
<-My Blog: HaroldChia.com->
<-MFM MAPS + Garmin Nuvi 50LM + Papago Z1 + Garmin Nuvi 205w + Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 ->

vash_h

Postby vash_h » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:44 am

marzocchi wrote:hi all..just bought my nokia 5800 2 weeks ago.

pretty new to gps stuff and has been reading up a lot recently.

so i guess the full and lite version no difference? so i would rather use full version...have yet to test it out yet cos was using msm previously.

btw, when getting the new map and installing using mapsource, do u guys choose "Map Display Customisation" to be

(i) Full
(ii) Custom POI only
(iii) none.

i chose option (ii) and just wondering what's the difference other than the road display is difference. any effect on the lag?

bro.. dont la double post same thing.. we will answer ur questions.. no worries.. jst give us time to see ur post :rolleyes:

anhyhow, i replied your question in this thread.
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1640&start=110
<-MFM MAPS + Garmin Nuvi 50LM + Papago Z1 + Garmin Nuvi 205w + Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 ->

vash_h

Postby vash_h » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:46 am

kasutkoyak wrote:
fruitplus wrote:

yaya.. thank bro... but my phone hav a prob ley... =P~ =P~ =P~

what problem are you experiancing? if hang, try NOT to use it in landscape mode.. it will crash.
if lag, try removing all custom POI and topography. the 5800 does not have a dedicated graphics 'chip', unlike the N95.. thus the slow re-draw/refresh rate..

i miss my N95.. much better when it comes to graphics handling.. but 5800 LOOKS much better.. sigh..

Return to “GPS on Mobile Phones & PDAs”