Nokia 5800 - Part 2

Discussions and information on mobile devices with integrated GPS chipset

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS in mobile devices only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
9W2CBL
Polygon Mapper

Re: Nokia 5800 - Part 2

Postby 9W2CBL » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:41 pm

It depend on user, I prefer to be in Vertical as I can see the road ahead more than the horizontal.

Cheers!
Common sense is instinct, and enough of it is genius
The avatar is design by Bro. Sulphur - Thanks!
Owned - nuvi200 (US Version), nuvi255W (TWN -> SGMY -> US -> TWN), Last MobileXT V5.00.60

vash_h

Re: NOKIA 5800 GARMIN MOBILE XT 5.00.60

Postby vash_h » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:13 pm

norhaliza wrote:what is the best setting view on my Nokia 5800 garmin mobile 5.00.60?
default setting is not OK!
any nice guys can help on this?

care to share what do you mean exactly by not ok?

the default setting and look on my 5800 is great! (in my honest opinion la, and to me la..)
<-My Blog: HaroldChia.com->
<-MFM MAPS + Garmin Nuvi 50LM + Papago Z1 + Garmin Nuvi 205w + Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 ->

xploitmachine

Re: NOKIA 5800 GARMIN MOBILE XT 5.00.60

Postby xploitmachine » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:16 am

norhaliza wrote:what is the best setting view on my Nokia 5800 garmin mobile 5.00.60?
default setting is not OK!
any nice guys can help on this?

Does this helps? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxbgt7zK8pU
"Genius Is One Percent Inspiration, Ninety-Nine Percent Perspiration" - Thomas Alva Edison

zest

Postby zest » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:02 pm

i'm having some problem with gmxt on my 5800, i run my gmxt(version 5.00.60) almost everyday with a-gps switch on,and it works like a charm in the early stage,but after using it for a week,the a-gps will not activate everytime i start the garmin,even when there's no gps lock for 10 minutes,the stubborn a-gps still won't kick in,i need to restart the phone only the a-gps will activate on its startup and obtain fast signal lock,i know about the a-gps connection status as i set the positioning server use to "always ask",and i constantly monitor the data log to verify this.

its a major irritant as its so hassle to restart it everytime i need to acquire signal fast, but its very weird because if i uninstall and reinstall the gmxt(reinstall without uninstall won't improve the situation),it will activate the a-gps everytime i start the software and work like it should....for 1 week only,after precisely one week(actually less than a week),the bugs step in again and i had to restart the phone everytime i want the a-gps,i'm very confuse of this random configuration of the a-gps activation,anybody else having the same problem as i had here

norhaliza

Postby norhaliza » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:18 pm

xploitmachine
THANK YOU SOO MUCH AND HAPPY NEW YEAR 2010 !!!

xploitmachine

Postby xploitmachine » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:11 pm

norhaliza wrote:xploitmachine
THANK YOU SOO MUCH AND HAPPY NEW YEAR 2010 !!!

aiseh .. segan plak .. :oops:
"Genius Is One Percent Inspiration, Ninety-Nine Percent Perspiration" - Thomas Alva Edison

vash_h

Postby vash_h » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:55 am

zest wrote:i'm having some problem with gmxt on my 5800, i run my gmxt(version 5.00.60) almost everyday with a-gps switch on,and it works like a charm in the early stage,but after using it for a week,the a-gps will not activate everytime i start the garmin,even when there's no gps lock for 10 minutes,the stubborn a-gps still won't kick in,i need to restart the phone only the a-gps will activate on its startup and obtain fast signal lock,i know about the a-gps connection status as i set the positioning server use to "always ask",and i constantly monitor the data log to verify this.

its a major irritant as its so hassle to restart it everytime i need to acquire signal fast, but its very weird because if i uninstall and reinstall the gmxt(reinstall without uninstall won't improve the situation),it will activate the a-gps everytime i start the software and work like it should....for 1 week only,after precisely one week(actually less than a week),the bugs step in again and i had to restart the phone everytime i want the a-gps,i'm very confuse of this random configuration of the a-gps activation,anybody else having the same problem as i had here

im not sure about u guys.. but for me, sometimes i can never get agps to work, and have to restart gmxt to get it to work..

i do not think this is related to garmin, but a problem with nokia 5800. btw, have you tried to update your phone's firmware? i remember there was a few releases previously that improved agps and gps functionality..
<-My Blog: HaroldChia.com->
<-MFM MAPS + Garmin Nuvi 50LM + Papago Z1 + Garmin Nuvi 205w + Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 ->

zest

Postby zest » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:57 am

vash_h wrote:
zest wrote:i'm having some problem with gmxt on my 5800, i run my gmxt(version 5.00.60) almost everyday with a-gps switch on,and it works like a charm in the early stage,but after using it for a week,the a-gps will not activate everytime i start the garmin,even when there's no gps lock for 10 minutes,the stubborn a-gps still won't kick in,i need to restart the phone only the a-gps will activate on its startup and obtain fast signal lock,i know about the a-gps connection status as i set the positioning server use to "always ask",and i constantly monitor the data log to verify this.

im not sure about u guys.. but for me, sometimes i can never get agps to work, and have to restart gmxt to get it to work..

i do not think this is related to garmin, but a problem with nokia 5800. btw, have you tried to update your phone's firmware? i remember there was a few releases previously that improved agps and gps functionality..

yea that's exactly what i'm talking about,the agps won't work after sometime,and have to restart the phone for it to work.my firmware for both the phone and gmxt is the latest one,i think maybe even the latest doesn't resolve the problem,and i highly suspect its a folder within the phone which store the gps ephemeris data getting full or watever causing gmxt unable to download the ephemeris data from internet,and restarting the phone sort of clearing the data and make the internet connection possible

alyem
Regional Mapper

Postby alyem » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:08 am

Part 2 Closed.

Go to PART 3
73, 9w2yyl
You need the MAP, We need your TRACK

norhaliza

Can Not Boot After Installed Gmxt On Nokia 5800

Postby norhaliza » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:32 pm

In the original version of the memory cards installed after Garminv5.00.60,can not be in the "chips in" memory card, boot the conditions.Into each boot, should first memory card must be pulled out.Then, when the boot is complete, then go back and insert memory card ......
Is there any way to solve do??
Each boot seems to be pulling memory card is not the answer ""
PS: My original nokia memory card is equipped with memory cards (memory card would be the problem?)
How can I do? If the original memory card format will not be a better arrangement?
I want all the original memory card copy data to my newly purchased 8G memory card. 8G card installed, but only found a lot of software are missing? How can I do?
Thank you greatly help.
Last edited by antyong (retired) on Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Normal font please

Return to “GPS on Mobile Phones & PDAs”