Nokia E71

Discussions and information on mobile devices with integrated GPS chipset

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS in mobile devices only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
dvpro

Re: Nokia E71

Postby dvpro » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:59 pm

saldopullt wrote:I now in Malaysia so I use the IMAGE file that is Malaysia maps..
If I go Thailand, and I have Thailand maps as well in my garmin root but with different name eg: gmapsup2.img
Correct.

saldopullt wrote:do I have to change the name of gmapsup2.img to gmapsupp.img?
No.

saldopullt wrote:or I don't have to do anything, and just run the GMXT on my mobile and it will switch to Thailand maps itself..
You can actually have all maps enable at Tools > Manage My Data > Map Sets > Mapsource. However as most maps have squarish borders, some areas around country border are overlapped by the other map (depending on map draw priorities). As such, it's advisable to enable the map you are currently using while disabling the other maps. This however is not applicable to maps which are meant to connect routably thru the border.
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

saldopullt

Postby saldopullt » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:30 am

leecheensiong wrote:
u have the option to use the tool (download from MFM link) to combine the maps into the single file then no need to switch here and there anymore..
I combined maps from MFM + Saudi + UAE + Vietnam + Thailand + Indo + Brunei + Philippines and some part of China...
but that also make ur map file huge too..mine almost 300mb liao..

mind to send me the link where I can download the tools u mention above?

leecheensiong

Postby leecheensiong » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:45 pm

saldopullt wrote:
leecheensiong wrote:
u have the option to use the tool (download from MFM link) to combine the maps into the single file then no need to switch here and there anymore..
I combined maps from MFM + Saudi + UAE + Vietnam + Thailand + Indo + Brunei + Philippines and some part of China...
but that also make ur map file huge too..mine almost 300mb liao..

mind to send me the link where I can download the tools u mention above?

here it goes...
http://www.malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=899

capt1986

Postby capt1986 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:49 pm

hi all..i managed to instal Garmin..bt d prob is my hp cnt detect d satelite signal eventhough i alredy enable built in GPS like uncle wong said..d signal indicator keep showing red..2nd prob is,i put malaysia map,got it frm free dwnload section..hw to use d map? i put it in garmin folder ady.. :tq:

uncle wong
Regional Mapper
Location: Kuala Lumpur - Selangor - Johor I did not have a GPS device

Postby uncle wong » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:10 pm

capt1986 wrote:hi all..i managed to instal Garmin..bt d prob is my hp cnt detect d satelite signal eventhough i alredy enable built in GPS like uncle wong said..d signal indicator keep showing red..2nd prob is,i put malaysia map,got it frm free dwnload section..hw to use d map? i put it in garmin folder ady.. :tq:

Go to open area to wait for ur first gps signal
Enjoy the GPS’s life!

capt1986

Postby capt1986 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:19 pm

uncle wong wrote:
capt1986 wrote:hi all..i managed to instal Garmin..bt d prob is my hp cnt detect d satelite signal eventhough i alredy enable built in GPS like uncle wong said..d signal indicator keep showing red..2nd prob is,i put malaysia map,got it frm free dwnload section..hw to use d map? i put it in garmin folder ady.. :tq:

i went to open area edi..bt stil d signal dn improve..

uncle wong
Regional Mapper
Location: Kuala Lumpur - Selangor - Johor I did not have a GPS device

Postby uncle wong » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:50 pm

capt1986 wrote:
uncle wong wrote:

Wait la ....for 5 to 10 mins
Enjoy the GPS’s life!

k5011
Polygon Mapper

Postby k5011 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:59 pm

capt1986 wrote:
uncle wong wrote:

try to activate A-GPS n see...
Image Image Image

capt1986

Postby capt1986 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:57 pm

i managed to get signal for my garmin..nw d prob is i cnt load d map dat i dwnload frm dis website (malaysia map)..i put d map file in garmin folder edi bt stil cnt load..hw?

:tq:

capt1986

Postby capt1986 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:59 pm

[/quote]
Go to open area to wait for ur first gps signal[/quote]

i went to open area edi..bt stil d signal dn improve..[/quote]

try to activate A-GPS n see...[/quote]

tq..i managed to get d signal edi..even after i off d A-gps,i stil able to get d signal..tq veri much to u n uncle wong :prayer: :tq:

:rox:

Return to “GPS on Mobile Phones & PDAs”