Google Maps (Version 7 & above) Offline Not available issue

Discussions and information on mobile devices with integrated GPS chipset

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS in mobile devices only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
donut2u

Google Maps (Version 7 & above) Offline Not available issue

Postby donut2u » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:55 pm

Hi,
Previous version google maps (version 6+) works fine with Offline maps, which comes handy when we travel overseas.
Before i travel to another country, I usually download google maps first. I used it when I went Tokyo, Ho Chi Minh, Sydney, Melbourne (and it's surrounding until Great Ocean Road!). Useful when we got off the bus/train and helps us to walk to our hotels and travel destinations etc.
It works fine with my Samsung Galaxy W.

Since I purchased my new phone Xiaomi Mi-3, which comes with Google Maps 7, the offline maps is not available :ko: :fire: .

Then I follow some advice in forums and try search google. THe suggestion is to downgrade (uninstall Version 7 or 8), and install Version 6. THe following link is what i found Version 6.14.4
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B32lAI ... sp=sharing

I thought my troubles were solved, but my excitement was shortlived as Goggle Maps automatically upgrade itself to Version 7. It happens quite random, sometimes after 3 days, or after 2 days or even after 1 day! After upgrade, guess what, the offline maps are not available anymore.

I tried switching off the auto-update as suggested by some blogs or forums, at Google Playstore. But still happens.

Anybody knows how to fix this issue?

Thanks ](*,)

jchoong

Re: Google Maps (Version 7 & above) Offline Not available is

Postby jchoong » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:01 pm

I have version 8.1.1 on my Nexus 5 and I am able to use the map save feature.
Nuvi 2575; 40LM; Nexus 4

klchua

Re: Google Maps (Version 7 & above) Offline Not available is

Postby klchua » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:47 pm

you need to type in "ok maps" to slect the area to save

Return to “GPS on Mobile Phones & PDAs”