GPS for android

Discussions and information on mobile devices with integrated GPS chipset

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS in mobile devices only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
forestgump

GPS for android

Postby forestgump » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:10 am

Just bought my 1st android 4.o phone - heavy and bulky like a baby brick because its waterproof, dustproof and shockproof with a torchlight. Easier to use the comm set during my days in vat69 than this modern so sensitive touch screen - yikes!
My questions are ;
1. I want to put in a garmin or anything map of Malaysia - for free lah - which can be updated on and off as the google map installed in this china made android phone needs internet connection all the time. Where can I upload - or the proper word download - such a map into the sd card?
2. Have been reading that Id need a software to have the map uploaded/downloaded - where can I buy such a software and the most reliable name please?
3. Agak2 can get this installed somewhere in lowyat kah?

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: GPS for android

Postby silverbeauty » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:42 am

forestgump wrote:Just bought my 1st android 4.o phone - heavy and bulky like a baby brick because its waterproof, dustproof and shockproof with a torchlight. Easier to use the comm set during my days in vat69 than this modern so sensitive touch screen - yikes!
My questions are ;
1. I want to put in a garmin or anything map of Malaysia - for free lah - which can be updated on and off as the google map installed in this china made android phone needs internet connection all the time. Where can I upload - or the proper word download - such a map into the sd card?
Commercial software from Garmin Streetpilot only available for Apple iOs and Windows only.

2. Have been reading that Id need a software to have the map uploaded/downloaded - where can I buy such a software and the most reliable name please?
Try Papago navigational software which you have to buy
Singapore http://www.mypapago.com/

Malaysia http://www.m3asia.com/index.php?option= ... &Itemid=58

FREE-MFM-PAPAGO! Maps is for PAPAGO! X8.5, X9,M3GPS X8.5, PAPAGO! Android M9 and M3GPS PAPAGO! ONE navigation software to use this map. viewtopic.php?p=185598#p185598

3. Agak2 can get this installed somewhere in lowyat kah?
Please respect forum rule #6

RM1
Contributor

Postby RM1 » Tue May 07, 2013 6:54 pm

You can try Sygic for Android.
Current Device: LG G2 Android 4.4.2
Previous Devices: HTC HD2 with WM6.5 and Android 2.3.5
Previous Devices: HTC Touch Diamond 2 PDA Phone (288MB RAM) with WM6.5

wblee

Postby wblee » Tue May 07, 2013 7:18 pm