Papago Android M11

Discussions and information on mobile devices with integrated GPS chipset

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS in mobile devices only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
rohiza23

Papago Android M11

Postby rohiza23 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:33 am

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ExU0dNWSJd

this for malaysia and singapore map sell on us24.99 for new software m11

moeyhc
Valued Contributor
Location: Penang - Nuvi 300, 205W, 2575RLM, M1200, M1000B/C, Papago N1

Re: papago android m11

Postby moeyhc » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:07 am

Thanks for the info... at <RM80.00 this should be reasonable.

Just curious to know if this license is for the phone only or is transferable.
Common Sense Is Not Common.

JayCee

Re: papago android m11

Postby JayCee » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:06 pm

moeyhc wrote:Thanks for the info... at <RM80.00 this should be reasonable.

Just curious to know if this license is for the phone only or is transferable.

Per previous license term, the software can only be installed on ONLY ONE device
- transferring the software to another device of same or different platform will not be entertained
U$24.99 is quite cheap.
If the M11 (software) quality is "as good as" the current M9 version, then, it is not worth at all.
Strongly believe it is using the same current MFM map.
--JC

yc1437

Papago MY/SH for Android now available on Google play store

Postby yc1437 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:33 pm

Check in Google Play Store...

uploadfromtaptalk1359473628966.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
时间存在的惟一理由是,如此才不会所有事情同时发生 - 爱因斯坦

GPS: Nuvi 3790

sindemon

Re: Papago MY/SH for Android now available on Google play st

Postby sindemon » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:45 am

Does this app support mfm map and jelly bean 4.2??

westwoon

Postby westwoon » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:07 pm

sindemon wrote:Does this app support mfm map and jelly bean 4.2??

YES for Papago M11 (MY/SG) support Jelly Bean 4.2, but it does not support current MFM map, I have tested this app - Papago M11 (TW) with my Galaxy Ace (Android 4.2.1 CM10.1 beta6 custom ROM) 8-)

teokcmy

Postby teokcmy » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:07 pm

westwoon wrote:
sindemon wrote:Does this app support mfm map and jelly bean 4.2??

YES for Papago M11 (MY/SG) support Jelly Bean 4.2, but it does not support current MFM map, I have tested this app - Papago M11 (TW) with my Galaxy Ace (Android 4.2.1 CM10.1 beta6 custom ROM) 8-)

I bought this app yesterday despite the low rating in Google Play Store. Yes, indeed it works on my Desire HD running custom 4.2.1 JellyTime rom. The maps that it automatically installed over WiFi is not the latest mfm map (it was the December 2012 map), but all you need to do is download the latest map and copy the whole folder to the NaviM11SGMY/Maps folder.

The developer advised me that, whenever I need to upgrade to the latest map, simply delete the Navi folder and restart the app, then the app would guide me through the process of installing the new map. I told him that this should not be the way. Instead the app should prompt me if there is a new map available, and then I could choose to accept the upgrade. The developer replied that they would be working on this feature in future release.

Also, I couldn't input the alphabet "J" into address search, and reported the problem to the developer. The fix came the next day, and now it's fully functional. The developer is very responsive.

I'll try out the app for a few days and go back to the Play Store to give my rating. I think it deserves much higher rating than what it got now. Most people simply give bad rating without even first reporting the bugs to the developer.

BTW, please write to them in Mandarin. My English email didn't get replied ](*,)

Edit: What I bought is not the Papago Taiwan, but the SG&MY version, which is this https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ExU0dNWSJd

jchoong

Re: Papago Android M11

Postby jchoong » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:42 pm

I have never been happy with M9's routing algorithm. Hopefully M11 is better; if not, I won't bother to spend any additional $ to upgrade.
Nuvi 2575; 40LM; Nexus 4

yc1437

Postby yc1437 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:42 pm

OK, after tested for some times here are the experience on SGS3 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 (some opinion for those still considering the Google Play purchase) :mrgreen: :

1. Software still buggy, found one very annoying bug: the program will crash when recall the Papago program from notification bar, after receiving incoming call or doing something else, not sure it happens to other phone models. :thumbsdown:

2. Switching map in Setting menu will reset the current navigation setup, need to set again the destination. :thumbsdown:

3. POI saved in Favourites wont display the GPS coordinate :thumbsdown:

4. Voice navigation announcement break off e.g. "In 1 kilo meters ......." or "Be prepare to .........."silent" :thumbsdown:

5. Official map wont render nearby road in the screen or minimum. :thumbsdown: , but luckily MFM map are compatible & all roads displayed correctly, despite no "road leveling" effect. :thumbsup:

6. Navigation Screen font display on speed etc are too small make it difficult to be viewed from car dashboard (at least for me) :thumbsdown:

7. Route re-calculation is fast. :thumbsup:

8. Personally feel that the routing algorithm like to direct to small roads instead of main road. :-?

9. Browsing map feel slightly laggy on SGS3.

10. "Exit" button is hide besides the Setting (need to slide to left), new user will take sometime to find it (or complain to Dev before found it)

11. .....
时间存在的惟一理由是,如此才不会所有事情同时发生 - 爱因斯坦

GPS: Nuvi 3790

woofzgps

Postby woofzgps » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:09 pm

thx for the update, sound like buggy as ever... :ko:

Return to “GPS on Mobile Phones & PDAs”