Garmin SG&MY IPA that Working on Custom POI (AES Countdown).

Discussions and information on mobile devices with integrated GPS chipset

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS in mobile devices only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
guiledave

Garmin SG&MY IPA that Working on Custom POI (AES Countdown).

Postby guiledave » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:59 am

I'm back again, I broke this forum rule #6 on Halloween Day, now amended IPA with MFM-CPOI but without official maps. All need you need to do download nüvi3790 maps from official website and unlock it yourself to: 'SG & MY'/'SG & MY' > garmin-nav.app > storage-singapore-malaysia > .System, then continue part of "INSTALL JCV" till last part. Maps only can rename to "gmapprom" or "gmapprom1", max support is 2 maps and don't forget change 'Permissions'.

DESCRIPTION:
This application working on MFM-CPOI, it enable safety camera (AES) distance countdown & appear CPOI logo too. Just only no on working language switching but able to simulation without turn on GPS.

IPA does not contain official MFM & MSM maps & JCV files, only got latest MFM-CPOI 20121023 GPI files. You have download nüvi3790 maps & JCV it from http://www.garmin.com.sg/mapupdate and unlock it.

Why choose official MFM or MSM?
Coz both can show speed limit on below right if installed JCV.
Due CPOI notification too small font plus no speed limit on it, we need it to know what speed been limited on coming up AES.

From my experience on Federal Highway:
When drive above 120km/h, put on left signal and be careful left side cars slowly slow down the speed when remain 700 to 500 meter till to speed limited or you'll missed it on AES, important don't slow down suddenly, it'll cause accident!

Sometime you'll found distance countdown appear and disappear suddenly, mean's AES or CPOI nearby but not on your heading road. Also CPOI cannot sure AES on left or right side road like heading KL or heading Klang, it'll just notify you when you're nearby. If you good in memory enlarge map and check all location AES logo to memorized all left or right AES, you can skip it when it notify you.

To appear distance countdown and icon, we need little trick to enable it after install IPA:
(On Garmin nüvi device only got speed limit notification and sound alert but don't have distance countdown & icon.)

READ ME BEFORE START:
- IPA only for jailbroken iPhone user, suggest for whoever install and working fine on running Garmin iPhone plus familiar on iFunbox.
- An old version iFunbox v1.9 or below is needed for change 'Permissions' in batch.

(Please let me know who able make latest version iFunbox to change 'Permissions', for old version need do it twice to able change.)

BACKUP IPA, FAVORITES & TRIP LOG: (Skip this step if you're new installer or plan to fresh install.)
Note: Latest iFunbox show: 'SG & MY', old iFunbox v1.9 or below show: 'SG & MY'
In iFunbox:
1. Backup IPA: Highlight 'User Application' and right click on 'SG & MY'/'SG & MY' to backup IPA.
2. Backup 'Favorites': Go to 'SG & MY'/'SG & MY' > Library > sdcard > .System > SQLite, backup 'mylocations'.
3. Backup 'Trip Log': Go to 'SG & MY'/'SG & MY' > Documents, backup 'trips'.

INSTALL IPA:
- Download 'Garmin SGMY v2.01.ipa' & install IPA by using iFunbox, respring it if needed and DO FIRST RUN the application then remove on background running.

PASSWORD: What's the festival on 31st Oct? All 9 characters in small capital.

INSTALL CPOI:
- Download latest version of 'MFM-CPOI 201210XX', install and drag 'N drop GPI file to: 'SG & MY'/'SG & MY' > garmin-nav.app > storage-singapore-malaysia > POI. Change 'Permissions' as usual for all GPI files.

INSTALL JCV:
1. Download latest nüvi3790 - MFM and MSM maps from http://www.garmin.com.sg/mapupdate
2. Use '7zip' from http://www.7-zip.org to right click to Open Archive drag 'N drop JCV file to: 'SG & MY'/'SG & MY' > garmin-nav.app > storage-singapore-malaysia > .System > JCV. Change 'Permissions' as usual for all JCV files.

FINAL STEP: (This part is the point to enable CPOI.)
- Download 'garmin-nav (Taiwan v2.1).zip' and extract it, drag 'N drop 'garmin-nav' (don't included folder) to 'SG & MY'/'SG & MY' > garmin-nav.app.

Okay that's all and enjoy it, hell or win. Happy Halloween 2012.

Don't forget install OpenSSH from Cydia to enable change 'Permissions'.
iFunbox 1.8 (1.8.798.616) No Ads: http://www.mediafire.com/?aqog7vrnui37is6

Code: Select all

Garmin SGMY v2.01.00 (USA v2.1-Nav)-Removed OMFM & MSM Maps.ipa:
http://www.mediafire.com/?z5sht5k9eyzzc5u

garmin-nav (Taiwan v2.1).zip: (Nav system from Garmin Taiwan, not cracker)
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?cjff4dm4o8iy4j1

Don't forget install OpenSSH from Cydia to enable change 'Permissions'.
iFunbox 1.8 (1.8.798.616) No Ads:
http://www.mediafire.com/?aqog7vrnui37is6

REPLACE LATEST MAP:
- To replace new maps we need do replace from Taiwan to USA nav-system to make support & visible more maps with run IPA & remove it background. Then replace again Taiwan nav-system to enable CPOI.
- USA Nav-System available here: (Password remain same)
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?6kaykaa7o7l1s6c

P/S: Please correct me if above instruction no clear or got wrong part.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by guiledave on Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:33 am, edited 6 times in total.

davidgoh

Re: Garmin SG&MY IPA that Working on Custom POI (AES Countdo

Postby davidgoh » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:30 pm

downloading now ...

Thanks

:tq:

kelyo

Postby kelyo » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:14 pm

sorry at the http://www.garmin.com.sg/mapupdate i want download MSM ..which one map for nuvi i need to download???

pentiumd

Postby pentiumd » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:32 pm

whats the password... im trying many times.. the pos day.. invalid

and where is the download link.. when clicked nothing happen
Last edited by pentiumd on Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

tympg
Senior Mapper

Postby tympg » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:28 pm

guiledave wrote:IPA does not contain MFM-CPOI GPI files and JCV files, only got unlocked official map: MFM 2012.30 = 'gmapprom.img' & MSM 2012.20 = 'gmapprom1.img'

Is this legal?

May have broken Forum Rule #6 above.

Expecting to see some modification to Original Post above...
Garmin nüvi 2575R; Garmin eTrex Vista HCx; Android 5.0.1 Phone

guiledave

Postby guiledave » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:18 am

tympg wrote:
guiledave wrote:IPA does not contain MFM-CPOI GPI files and JCV files, only got unlocked official map: MFM 2012.30 = 'gmapprom.img' & MSM 2012.20 = 'gmapprom1.img'

Is this legal?

May have broken Forum Rule #6 above.

Expecting to see some modification to Original Post above...

Removed unlocked maps, thanks for unlock this thread.

v3688e

Postby v3688e » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:29 am

I just found out that "gmapprom.img" is not detected in Garmin myMaps there... detected myMaps is just "gmap3d.img" & "gmapprom1.img"...... why ah? :-k

gmap3d.img = CN SGP/MAY NT,2011 3D
gmapprom1.img = CN SGMY NT 2012.20-Malsing ALL

and is it the Display Language can't be changed?

guiledave

Postby guiledave » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:16 am

v3688e wrote:I just found out that "gmapprom.img" is not detected in Garmin myMaps there... detected myMaps is just "gmap3d.img" & "gmapprom1.img"...... why ah? :-k

gmap3d.img = CN SGP/MAY NT,2011 3D
gmapprom1.img = CN SGMY NT 2012.20-Malsing ALL

and is it the Display Language can't be changed?

As we know that Garmin SGMY v2.1 (v2.01) cannot support more maps or cannot display maps.
- This IPA nav-system been change from SGMY to USA v2.1(v2.01), that's why cannot change language in USA nav-system.

- I managed to made it to display CPOI with amended few plist files & drag N' drop Taiwan nav-system to replace USA nav-system (before replace that we need run it to check all our 'need' map in the house then remove in background running).

- To replace new maps we need do replace from Taiwan to USA nav-system to make it visible more maps. Then replace again Taiwan nav-system to enable CPOI.

USA Nav-System available here: (Password remain same as first post mentioned)
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?6kaykaa7o7l1s6c

pathcw

Postby pathcw » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:02 pm

i installed all of them..how can i know weather the AES is working ?

guiledave

Postby guiledave » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:34 pm

pathcw wrote:i installed all of them..how can i know weather the AES is working ?

- Use search like: AES(
- Set GPS off and set your location near AES will know how it work.

Return to “GPS on Mobile Phones & PDAs”