Review: iGO Primo

Discussions and information on mobile devices with integrated GPS chipset

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS in mobile devices only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
footballrobot

Review: iGO Primo

Postby footballrobot » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:15 am

In preparation for my trip to France, I decided to download the iGo Primo app for iPhone because I noticed that they also had an app for France. By using the Malaysia/Singapore app, I would be able to test-drive and familiarize myself with the app and its features before going on my holiday.

To be frank, I was very impressed at first. The default map is TomTom but you can download the MFM maps for free which I immediately did and switched to.

The features were fantastic and I found myself liking it more and more.

Then it all went down hill.

There is something terribly wrong with the routing algorithm. For an example, I was near the 2nd Link causeway, and merely 15 minutes to Jurong Point mall when I decided to ask the iGo to guide me. The iGO asked me to drive back into Malaysia, go through first link causeway and then to the mall. This is like a 2 hour detour when the destination is 15 minutes away.

And throughout the next couple of days, iGO continued to give me illogical routing suggestions.

I don't think I will be using this GPS app in France, much less Malaysia/Singapore.

http://www.malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=12084

HaveGPSWillTravel
Contributor

Re: Review: iGO Primo

Postby HaveGPSWillTravel » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:18 pm

footballrobot wrote:In preparation for my trip to France, I decided to download the iGo Primo app for iPhone because I noticed that they also had an app for France. By using the Malaysia/Singapore app, I would be able to test-drive and familiarize myself with the app and its features before going on my holiday.

To be frank, I was very impressed at first. The default map is TomTom but you can download the MFM maps for free which I immediately did and switched to.

The features were fantastic and I found myself liking it more and more.

Then it all went down hill.

There is something terribly wrong with the routing algorithm. For an example, I was near the 2nd Link causeway, and merely 15 minutes to Jurong Point mall when I decided to ask the iGo to guide me. The iGO asked me to drive back into Malaysia, go through first link causeway and then to the mall. This is like a 2 hour detour when the destination is 15 minutes away.

And throughout the next couple of days, iGO continued to give me illogical routing suggestions.

I don't think I will be using this GPS app in France, much less Malaysia/Singapore.

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=12084

I'm just curious. No problem so far for me using iPad2. In fact I'm loving it so far :)

Have you tried to switch back to Tom Tom 30-day trial map and see if the wacko routing happens at the same place? If using both maps behave the same ... then probably iGO Primo got some issues. If Tom Tom map is ok, then maybe MFM map at that particular areas need to be re-looked by the mapper ... just my two cents.

Return to “GPS on Mobile Phones & PDAs”