PAPAGO! M9 for Android

Discussions and information on mobile devices with integrated GPS chipset

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS in mobile devices only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
vnix

Papago M9 unresolved problem with my Android

Postby vnix » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:30 am

Weird behavior with my newly installed Papago M9 using MFM latest map. I've tried with different ROM AOKP, AOSP, Samsung Based and even Samsung Original latest rom all running on ICS. I've tried using different version of Papago M9 I can find. At first you can see that without select any route the position is correct but what happen is after select the route, the starting has been move to a weird place which I have no idea where is it. Can someone solve this for me. I've tested this even when I am driving and it turns out to be the same result. Please help thanks.

I record it but sorry for not being clear
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-AVUtCZbz8

whospal

Re: PAPAGO! M9 for Android

Postby whospal » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:48 am

Anyone did any comparison between Garmin & Papago M9?
Personally, I feel that Garmin seems to have more functionalities/features than Papago.
I can't seems to search POI via Postal Code with Papago M9.

Anyone has other comments?

donvito44

Postby donvito44 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:21 am

Hi Guys,

I am a first timer with Papago. Noob question, how do we upgrade the papago map with the one we got from MFM?

Rgds
DV44
B4: GMXT+Tube. Now: E5+GMXT & SGN+M9

bummerbummer

Postby bummerbummer » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:01 pm

tlchuan wrote:
bummerbummer wrote:I just mailed m3asia my proof of purchase of my x5 to qualify for the free upgrade to m9 middle of this week, and there were no response from them at all, not even an acknowledgement email. I am just wondering whether they have received it, cold storaged it or processing it.. and by the looks of it, this m9 is not bug free either

if you stay in kL just drop by their office it much faster to solve your problem

apparently the free upgrade is only if its on the same phone, i changed my phone already.. :(

jchoong

Postby jchoong » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:28 pm

whospal wrote:Anyone did any comparison between Garmin & Papago M9?
Personally, I feel that Garmin seems to have more functionalities/features than Papago.
I can't seems to search POI via Postal Code with Papago M9.

Anyone has other comments?

Postal code search is not supported on M9.
Nuvi 2575; 40LM; Nexus 4

jchoong

Postby jchoong » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:38 pm

donvito44 wrote:Hi Guys,

I am a first timer with Papago. Noob question, how do we upgrade the papago map with the one we got from MFM?

Rgds
DV44

If you Google search you will find the procedure; its been repeated many times in this forum. Nevertherless, here's the procedure:

- Download the Papago Android X8.5-X9 map file
- Unzip and you will get a bunch of files
- Connect your mobile to your PC
- Copy these files into your internal storage /NaviSea/Maps/MFM-PPGxxxx folder, replacing the old identical files.
(The way I normally do it is to unzip the X8.5-X9 map file and put all the extracted files into a folder MFM-PPG-X8.5-X9xxx, and then copy this folder into the /NaviSea/Maps of my device's internal storage.)
Last edited by jchoong on Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nuvi 2575; 40LM; Nexus 4

jchoong

Postby jchoong » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:41 pm

bummerbummer wrote:
tlchuan wrote:
bummerbummer wrote:I just mailed m3asia my proof of purchase of my x5 to qualify for the free upgrade to m9 middle of this week, and there were no response from them at all, not even an acknowledgement email. I am just wondering whether they have received it, cold storaged it or processing it.. and by the looks of it, this m9 is not bug free either

if you stay in kL just drop by their office it much faster to solve your problem

apparently the free upgrade is only if its on the same phone, i changed my phone already.. :(

They should give you a free upgrade. They will deactivate the code for the X5 in your old phone, and give you a new activation code for your M9. In my case, I just took my old M8 disk to their Spore office and they gave me a new M9 disk as replacement.
Nuvi 2575; 40LM; Nexus 4

jchoong

Re: Papago M9 unresolved problem with my Android

Postby jchoong » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:48 pm

I used M9 (on Galaxy S3) in Penang recently and got the same problem too. But after 10 secs or so, the pointer locked correctly onto the GPS position and it was OK after that.
Nuvi 2575; 40LM; Nexus 4

abe_mad

Postby abe_mad » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:58 am

I got the same problem too with my SGS2 (with custom litening ROM v3.2), however i found out that if I open the apps first without activating the data/3g connection, the apps works fine. If not, it will always start somewhere in the middle of Pahang forest.

jchoong

Postby jchoong » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:39 pm

Someone in this forum has suggested the 3G/data network be disconnected when using M9
Nuvi 2575; 40LM; Nexus 4

Return to “GPS on Mobile Phones & PDAs”