PAPAGO! M9 for Android

Discussions and information on mobile devices with integrated GPS chipset

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS in mobile devices only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
adi_tau8605

Re: PAPAGO! M9 for Android

Postby adi_tau8605 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:43 pm

JayCee wrote:
adi_tau8605 wrote:
adrianyujs wrote:
Disable data network...

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

thanks for help....but still not work :( i dont understand how to use this app...but the satellite icon have a quastion mark.

help me please coz i want to use this apps to go to sarawak by car....

The Papago M9 Satellite icon with flashing "question mark" means GPS of your phone has not been been properly "locked" with the satellites in the sky. To help understand phone's GPS/Satellites "lock" status, you may want to download "GPS TEST" (free version) from Play Store and install it onto your phone. Then, go to an open space, turn the phone GPS ON and run "GPS TEST". Be patient, it may take from 2 to more than 10 minutes the first time before GPS/Satellites can be locked successfully depending on brand of phone used. Once GPS/Satellite locked is successful, you may proceed to run Papago M9!!!
Wish you good luck.
----JC

thanks a lot JC for your kind always give solution for me.. really appreciate it :) now with your help i can use my papago app..

best regards...

kimsky

Postby kimsky » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:16 pm

suza3036 wrote:
is there any way/ways to intall gps navigator in my Corcby ii...verily in need for the application...plzzzz

did u mean samsung corby II? that phone doesn't have a gps function and only 26mb internal memory.. i don't think so..

who said Samsung corby II doesn"t have gps function? my friend is using GPS papago with his corby II. [-X

JayCee

Postby JayCee » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:05 pm

kimsky wrote:suza3036 wrote:
is there any way/ways to intall gps navigator in my Corcby ii...verily in need for the application...plzzzz

did u mean samsung corby II? that phone doesn't have a gps function and only 26mb internal memory.. i don't think so..

who said Samsung corby II doesn"t have gps function? my friend is using GPS papago with his corby II. [-X

Brother Kimsky,

Some critical specifications extracted from Samsung site for Corby II:
1. O/S is Bada (not Android nor Windows nor Symbian)
2. has only 26mb user usable internal memory
3. come with SD card slot which can support up to 16gb of storage
4. has no internal GPS hardware
Base on above, to my understanding, it is not possible to run any commercially available navigation software on it unless it is a variant (h/w and/or s/w change) and there are something which I don't know of.

I would want to run GPS Navigation with official Samsung Corby II too.
Pls help me to understand how this could be done with following info from your friend:
1. What exactly is the model number of the phone?
2. Which O/S is running on it?
3. What version of Papago is running?
4. If internal GPS hardware is not come with phone, is there any external GPSr paired with phone?

--JC

karmun17

Postby karmun17 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:09 pm

Excuse me, may I ask how to install this GPS Papago apps to my Samsung phone?

izzuan

Postby izzuan » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:08 pm

can i install papago m9 in my samsung y.it seems doesn't work..can it runs from external memory??

eddy_duyung
Contributor
Location: Tinggi Island,Johore. Garmin Mobile XT,nüvi 50LM,nüvi 880,nüvi 255W,nüvi 2465

Postby eddy_duyung » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:14 am

JayCee wrote:
kimsky wrote:[color=#40BFBF]suza3036 wrote:

[/color]

Brother Kimsky,

Some critical specifications extracted from Samsung site for Corby II:
1. O/S is Bada (not Android nor Windows nor Symbian)
2. has only 26mb user usable internal memory
3. come with SD card slot which can support up to 16gb of storage
4. has no internal GPS hardware
Base on above, to my understanding, it is not possible to run any commercially available navigation software on it unless it is a variant (h/w and/or s/w change) and there are something which I don't know of.

I would want to run GPS Navigation with official Samsung Corby II too.
Pls help me to understand how this could be done with following info from your friend:
1. What exactly is the model number of the phone?
2. Which O/S is running on it?
3. What version of Papago is running?
4. If internal GPS hardware is not come with phone, is there any external GPSr paired with phone?

--JC

Some people might get confius within Samsung Corby II with Samsung Galaxy Mini,its shape nearly same,but the engine under the hood totally different.Its look like compare the Inspira N Lancer GT,
Nokia 5800XM , Garmin nüvi 50LM,Garmin nüvi 880,Garmin nüvi 255W,Garmin nüvi 2465

icyd

papago m9 keeps crashing

Postby icyd » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:47 pm

hi i installed latest papago X9 on my sony tablet but the problem im facing is that it keeps crashing when it needs to recalculate my route. this didnt happen when i was using the older version on the same device. probably the map is too loaded with detail and the device is having a hard time to process all the information but i can't find any option to reduce the details from the settings menu. tried reinstall several times, updated the maps, same thing. any advice?

matbertha

Papago M9 on HTC Wildfire

Postby matbertha » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:48 am

i have successfully installed M9 on my Wildfire replacing the X5 pre-installed on the hp.
i test run the software/map, and they work ok, except the coordinates function on the menu
is not working.

how to rectify this?
tq

yidar

Postby yidar » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:41 am

jchoong wrote:M9 was running OK on my Galaxy S3 on Android 4.1.1. I just changed to a Nexus 4 on Android 4.2.1 and installed M9 and it won't run. Is it because M9 does not support Android 4.2? Anyone?

I think it is because of the Papagp M9 couldn't support Nexus 4 resolution 1280 x 768

win53

Postby win53 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:15 pm

Papago M9 can works on my S3 mini! :peace:

Return to “GPS on Mobile Phones & PDAs”