Waze

Discussions and information on mobile devices with integrated GPS chipset

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS in mobile devices only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
User avatar
azlan96
Posts: 270
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 6:45 pm
Location: Ampang, Selangor
Contact:

Re: Waze

Postby azlan96 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:10 pm

sobamy wrote:Hopefully Google will also include Waze's real time navigation in Google Map...

I think now it does.. Same routing and traffic info as Waze

User avatar
sobamy
Polygon Mapper
Posts: 2045
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:51 am
Location: Selangor - Garmin Nuvi 1350 Nuvi 2575R

Re: Waze

Postby sobamy » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:39 pm

Not sure about that bro. Maybe I am wrong but for Google map I understand it's for getting direction and traffic density. Waze started with traffic density plus other features together with the ability to navigate. :-D
I am using smartphone having Waze and Google. To navigate to my destination I am compelled to use Waze. Any enlightenment? :-)


Sent from my i9500 using Tapatalk 2
~~ freely receive ~ freely give ~~

Image

User avatar
sobamy
Polygon Mapper
Posts: 2045
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:51 am
Location: Selangor - Garmin Nuvi 1350 Nuvi 2575R

Re: Waze

Postby sobamy » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:08 am

sobamy wrote:Not sure about that bro. Maybe I am wrong but for Google map I understand it's for getting direction and traffic density. Waze started with traffic density plus other features together with the ability to navigate. :-D
I am using smartphone having Waze and Google. To navigate to my destination I am compelled to use Waze. Any enlightenment? :-)


Sent from my i9500 using Tapatalk 2

Just found out that by using the Navigation App, Google map can be used to voice-navigate to your destination. Haven't tried it out yet.

Sent from my i9500 using Tapatalk 2
~~ freely receive ~ freely give ~~

Image

User avatar
tuah
Champion Tracker
Champion Tracker
Posts: 5441
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:02 pm

Re: Waze

Postby tuah » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

sobamy wrote:
sobamy wrote:Not sure about that bro. Maybe I am wrong but for Google map I understand it's for getting direction and traffic density. Waze started with traffic density plus other features together with the ability to navigate. :-D
I am using smartphone having Waze and Google. To navigate to my destination I am compelled to use Waze. Any enlightenment? :-)


Sent from my i9500 using Tapatalk 2

Just found out that by using the Navigation App, Google map can be used to voice-navigate to your destination. Haven't tried it out yet.

Sent from my i9500 using Tapatalk 2

I've tried. Still BETA. Not so reliable and need major improvements.

User avatar
sobamy
Polygon Mapper
Posts: 2045
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:51 am
Location: Selangor - Garmin Nuvi 1350 Nuvi 2575R

Re: Waze

Postby sobamy » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:31 pm

tuah wrote:
sobamy wrote:
sobamy wrote:Not sure about that bro. Maybe I am wrong but for Google map I understand it's for getting direction and traffic density. Waze started with traffic density plus other features together with the ability to navigate. :-D
I am using smartphone having Waze and Google. To navigate to my destination I am compelled to use Waze. Any enlightenment? :-)


Sent from my i9500 using Tapatalk 2

Just found out that by using the Navigation App, Google map can be used to voice-navigate to your destination. Haven't tried it out yet.

Sent from my i9500 using Tapatalk 2

I've tried. Still BETA. Not so reliable and need major improvements.

Yup. Needs improvements especially in the way points but their routing appear to be "well organised" as opposed to Waze... 8-)

Sent from my i9500 using Tapatalk 2
~~ freely receive ~ freely give ~~

Image

mohd_shaparuddin
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:16 am

Re: Waze

Postby mohd_shaparuddin » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:09 pm

Use Waze lately, I admit the map is good due to their community effort and it ability to update the maps almost immediately. But having have to online to use it is a let down for me, I don't subscribe (and have no intention to subscribe) to any data plan so using Wave is only on Wifi mode. Caching the maps doesn't do any good either, at some point, cached area suddenly become blurry.

So my Waze application is only for checking current traffic condition and suggested route base on that current traffic condition and I find so helpful for that.

User avatar
GTR
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:09 pm
Location: Penang
Contact:

Re: Waze

Postby GTR » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:10 pm

wmn,
don't you have a car charger for your smartphone? :lol:
I am using GPS on my:
Garmin Nuvi 1350
Samsung Mega 6.3 16GB
HTC One X 32GB

User avatar
yaulim88
Valued Contributor
Posts: 907
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:06 pm
Location: Johor Bahru

Re: Get to know WAZE

Postby yaulim88 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:49 pm

Waze Mapper wrote:Hi guys, nice community here. Anyone here have not heard of Waze before? Waze is the world best navigation and map solution available "FREE" to use. Don't have to buy outdated GPS devices or need to download large files just to update maps. All the map updates are live and updated by the minutes by Wazers all around the world. You can contribute your Map and POI update live over the air within the app all for FREE. Let's contribute to this wonderful navigation solution and enjoy GPS navigation with live TRAFFIC information FREE. Free Navigation software and maps, isn't it GREAT!.

The problem for me using Waze is when I go to singapore but I don't have data roaming then I can not use. :cry:
http://www.muarchunghwaosa.org/00-CHJB/jb2010cav.htm

Nuvi205 Nuvi57LM
GPSmap 60CSx
Nuvi1460

User avatar
silverbeauty
Moderator
Posts: 3519
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: Get to know WAZE

Postby silverbeauty » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:35 pm

When I travel, I use maps.me ( available for Android in Google Store and IOS in Apple Store). Has free and paid version. This application uses open source maps and has a library of most countries - cities. Maps are pretty decent for a free map and is downloaded and stored in your device so you no need incur data-roaming charges. Uses your device gps to track your location. On paid version, you can search for POI / addresses and store your favorites POI in your device.

Link : http://maps.me/en/home

stargate
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:18 pm

Re: Waze

Postby stargate » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:44 am

Amazing the waze map has grown tremendously in within such a short time, even the big bro google map weren't that updated. Teams work spirit, i guess. I have navigate it with traffic information ON for 336km and it consume less then 5mb of data. :thumbsup:


Return to “GPS on Mobile Phones & PDAs”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests