Waze

Discussions and information on mobile devices with integrated GPS chipset

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS in mobile devices only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
eddy_duyung
Contributor
Location: Tinggi Island,Johore. Garmin Mobile XT,nüvi 50LM,nüvi 880,nüvi 255W,nüvi 2465

Re: Waze

Postby eddy_duyung » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:42 pm

Good to hear the WAZE apps is grown fast,the lack is it's still need an internet connections to read the map,hope some day it will store the map in our devices or memory card..
Nokia 5800XM , Garmin nüvi 50LM,Garmin nüvi 880,Garmin nüvi 255W,Garmin nüvi 2465

TCLee

Postby TCLee » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:49 pm

My only problems with this app are:
a) drain my smart phone battery too fast even with my charger plugged in charging the phone while using the app; &
b) occasionally loss the GPS satellites signals while my other GPS still receiving the signals.

Otherwise I am happy using the waze app as either the backup GPS or the main GPS guidance.

azlan96

Postby azlan96 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:45 pm

stargate wrote:Amazing the waze map has grown tremendously in within such a short time, even the big bro google map weren't that updated. Teams work spirit, i guess. I have navigate it with traffic information ON for 336km and it consume less then 5mb of data. :thumbsup:

Yeah, Malaysia is one of the top 5 countries in the world for having the most WAZE users. I turned on Waze in Vietnam and Seoul korea, NO ONE used it.. which seems odd to me

stargate

Postby stargate » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:53 pm

Yeah, Malaysia is one of the top 5 countries in the world for having the most WAZE users. I turned on Waze in Vietnam and Seoul korea, NO ONE used it.. which seems odd to me[/quote]

As far i have known, waze re popular at korea. Not sure at vietnam. Maybe their mobile broadband are expensive kot? So there hardly will anyone's using it just for a fun drive like here in malaysia. :lol:

syshi

Postby syshi » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:58 am

Anyone having crashed issue after the latest WAZE update? Mine has been crashing for the past 3 weeks. So revert back to PAPAGO instead... not sure what's the problem...

sobamy
Polygon Mapper

Postby sobamy » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:04 pm

silverbeauty wrote:When I travel, I use maps.me ( available for Android in Google Store and IOS in Apple Store). Has free and paid version. This application uses open source maps and has a library of most countries - cities. Maps are pretty decent for a free map and is downloaded and stored in your device so you no need incur data-roaming charges. Uses your device gps to track your location. On paid version, you can search for POI / addresses and store your favorites POI in your device.

Link : http://maps.me/en/home

You can now search for POIs in the free version of MAPS.ME for Android :)
~~ freely receive ~ freely give ~~

Return to “GPS on Mobile Phones & PDAs”