GPS Apps For Android 3 (Honeycomb) Tablets

Discussions and information on mobile devices with integrated GPS chipset

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS in mobile devices only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
surefire888

GPS Apps For Android 3 (Honeycomb) Tablets

Postby surefire888 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:31 pm

Anyone knows which gps apps will work on Android 3 tablets like Acer Iconia, Asus Transformer or Motorola Zoom? Papago X5, Sygic, NDrive? Thinking of getting an Android 3 tablet but wanted to check first. Thks.
iPad Wifi/iPhone3GS/iPod Touch4G/iPod Touch2G/Holux 1000B/1000C-Papago M8/Sygic/TomTom
Sam Galaxy Tab/Sam Galaxy SL/HTC Legend/SmartQ V5-Papago X5/Sygic/NDrive/Navfone
Nok 5800/5230/6120-Ovi/Garmin XT
Garmin eTrex Legend Hcx/Garmin Forerunner

cruiser
Location: NL - Nuvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T, 650, 4980 & TTom GO 910 + 950 Live, GO 6000

Re: GPS Apps For Android 3 (Honeycomb) Tablets

Postby cruiser » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:48 am

First & foremost, I still think you need to get yr choice tablet and soon after, you may just want to stay on with the default Apps that comes with it that suit yr acquired unit.

The Apps is secondary, a satisfied brand, model and excellent functionality is what makes it worth having most of all. The Apps fall in next in line. :-'
Image ~ Cruiser ~

moeyhc
Valued Contributor
Location: Penang - Nuvi 300, 205W, 2575RLM, M1200, M1000B/C, Papago N1

Postby moeyhc » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:41 am

If I were you I'll discount the x5 as this is no longer supported after Aug 2011. For GPS navigation it is map availability that dictate the final choice. What's good if the map support is lousy?... just my 2 cents.
Common Sense Is Not Common.

surefire888

Postby surefire888 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:06 pm

cruiser wrote:First & foremost, I still think you need to get yr choice tablet and soon after, you may just want to stay on with the default Apps that comes with it that suit yr acquired unit.

The Apps is secondary, a satisfied brand, model and excellent functionality is what makes it worth having most of all. The Apps fall in next in line. :-'

Don't agree with you at all. Apps are what makes a product great. No use having great hardware if there is no software support. Look at Nokia, Blackberry etc. Then look at the iPad. No further comments. #-o
iPad Wifi/iPhone3GS/iPod Touch4G/iPod Touch2G/Holux 1000B/1000C-Papago M8/Sygic/TomTom
Sam Galaxy Tab/Sam Galaxy SL/HTC Legend/SmartQ V5-Papago X5/Sygic/NDrive/Navfone

surefire888

Postby surefire888 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:08 pm

moeyhc wrote:If I were you I'll discount the x5 as this is no longer supported after Aug 2011. For GPS navigation it is map availability that dictate the final choice. What's good if the map support is lousy?... just my 2 cents.

ok, got yr point on the X5. So any gps app u know tt will work on honeycomb?

cruiser
Location: NL - Nuvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T, 650, 4980 & TTom GO 910 + 950 Live, GO 6000

Postby cruiser » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:08 pm

You may have a slight valued argument there however, it depends on the sort of hardware and supporting elements that goes hand in hand with the main driver of the item.

Its like asking, which 4-wheel vehicle should you select as you would prefer either gas, diesel or even petrol (and all three are available on the market) because you've just got yr driving license and inherit 200 million at 16 yrs old and want something rather upstate as well that cruises & hovers above all else but still stop at the traffic lights and able to pull over for a snack or a leak along the highway... ? :lol:

Indeed, the software are immensely mushrooming out there and the dudes that created it are looking at the bigger picture for $$$ marketability and have considered popular hardwares churning out with the lean exception of Mr Job himself. :-({|= :evil:

Ok, you choose one that last and last.... and last... but then, for a few months only. Good luck hunting yr ideal Apps. :mrgreen:

I'd go for the Samsung 10,1" but I can't find myself using it (unless U R steering a 12 or 14 meter RV between Malaysian/kampong roads ](*,) ), swaying about in the open figuring out which direction (in pedestrian mode) to head for between all the clustered POIs.... its like thinking, why not drag around a 114" wide LED 3D flatscreen under your arm and it being the thinnest on the market for a similar purpose for GPS navigation when heading out on the roads? :rolleyes:
Image ~ Cruiser ~

bum99my

Postby bum99my » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:49 am

surefire888 wrote:Anyone knows which gps apps will work on Android 3 tablets like Acer Iconia, Asus Transformer or Motorola Zoom? Papago X5, Sygic, NDrive? Thinking of getting an Android 3 tablet but wanted to check first. Thks.

you can try the sygic aura. i believe it works on the tablets but i can't confirm. you can refer to this topic viewtopic.php?f=12&t=10990

i don't have the link to the sygic site, sorry but you can google it :)

surefire888

Postby surefire888 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:42 pm

cruiser wrote:You may have a slight valued argument there however, it depends on the sort of hardware and supporting elements that goes hand in hand with the main driver of the item.

Its like asking, which 4-wheel vehicle should you select as you would prefer either gas, diesel or even petrol (and all three are available on the market) because you've just got yr driving license and inherit 200 million at 16 yrs old and want something rather upstate as well that cruises & hovers above all else but still stop at the traffic lights and able to pull over for a snack or a leak along the highway... ? :lol:

Indeed, the software are immensely mushrooming out there and the dudes that created it are looking at the bigger picture for $$$ marketability and have considered popular hardwares churning out with the lean exception of Mr Job himself. :-({|= :evil:

Ok, you choose one that last and last.... and last... but then, for a few months only. Good luck hunting yr ideal Apps. :mrgreen:

I'd go for the Samsung 10,1" but I can't find myself using it (unless U R steering a 12 or 14 meter RV between Malaysian/kampong roads ](*,) ), swaying about in the open figuring out which direction (in pedestrian mode) to head for between all the clustered POIs.... its like thinking, why not drag around a 114" wide LED 3D flatscreen under your arm and it being the thinnest on the market for a similar purpose for GPS navigation when heading out on the roads? :rolleyes:

sorry, no offense intended but i find it difficult to follow yr arguments

surefire888

Postby surefire888 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:44 pm

bum99my wrote:
surefire888 wrote:Anyone knows which gps apps will work on Android 3 tablets like Acer Iconia, Asus Transformer or Motorola Zoom? Papago X5, Sygic, NDrive? Thinking of getting an Android 3 tablet but wanted to check first. Thks.

you can try the sygic aura. i believe it works on the tablets but i can't confirm. you can refer to this topic viewtopic.php?f=12&t=10990

i don't have the link to the sygic site, sorry but you can google it :)

thks - will do some research on it

aaronswe

Postby aaronswe » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:42 am

I M USING ASUS TF EE PAD, I WAS INSTALL THE SYGIC AURA, IT'S WORK =D>
NOW I DRIVE WITH 10" DISPLAY IN MY CAR, WOW~~!
IT'S AWESOME~~!! \:D/

Return to “GPS on Mobile Phones & PDAs”