Sygic

Discussions and information on mobile devices with integrated GPS chipset

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS in mobile devices only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
hongaun

Re: SYGIC for Android

Postby hongaun » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:38 pm

I agree on that. The only thing preventing me from using Sygic compared to PPG is the lack of updates in local maps. I am going to US - Cali soon, is Sygic enough for my GPS driving needs? I'll be in california most of the time.

zeevon
Contributor

Postby zeevon » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:56 pm

I've tested for the Sygic too, very smooth and user friendly. The 3d building is so details in Singapore. Very beautiful interface.
Recommend to all android phone owner. Add some screenshot for details.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
9W2ZW

Inggo
Contributor
Location: N04'37.399"E103'12.484" MyGPS,Nuvi,PapagoX2/X3/X5 Mapking, I-GO, GarminXT GoSPEED

Postby Inggo » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:15 am

Very Nice...! =P~
...maybe the -m'force'm- will be with you, always.. :peace:
:mrgreen: Skywalker

user66

Postby user66 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:11 am

nice Image

moeyhc
Valued Contributor
Location: Penang - Nuvi 300, 205W, 2575RLM, M1200, M1000B/C, Papago N1

Postby moeyhc » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:02 pm

Thank for the information. Certainly good to have Navigation software that is cheap and most importantly functional. Let's see if MfM will compile maps for it... [-o< :prayer: [-o< :prayer: [-o<

...this will certainly wake up Papago and Garmin... @EU$9.99...It's a steal !!!.... I'll certainly pay if there are reasonable maps to use. We need competitions like this to regulate our Hobby.... good work! :good:
Common Sense Is Not Common.

zeevon
Contributor

Postby zeevon » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:00 pm

See what is the different between Sygic and papago or garmin. Is it what we call topo map? My house really located up hill, exactly what we see in the Sygic map. <rm50, very worth to buy for android phone user.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
9W2ZW

Inggo
Contributor
Location: N04'37.399"E103'12.484" MyGPS,Nuvi,PapagoX2/X3/X5 Mapking, I-GO, GarminXT GoSPEED

Postby Inggo » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:03 pm

zeevon wrote:See what is the different between Sygic and papago or garmin. Is it what we call topo map? My house really located up hill, exactly what we see in the Sygic map. <rm50, very worth to buy for android phone user.

it's look like papago X7 topo feature, but more nicer look :thumbsup:
...maybe the -m'force'm- will be with you, always.. :peace:
:mrgreen: Skywalker

zeevon
Contributor

Postby zeevon » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:02 am

Very beautiful 3d building in Singapore. They even drew the fence.
9W2ZW

zeevon
Contributor

Postby zeevon » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:14 am

Very nice 3d building in Macau. We can see the building sign board and advertisement banner.
Very hard to believe that.
9W2ZW

cruiser
Location: NL - Nuvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T, 650, 4980 & TTom GO 910 + 950 Live, GO 6000

Postby cruiser » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:57 am

When will the 3D version take over??? :mrgreen:

:tq: for the tip JC.

I just received my pre ordered Samsung Galaxy S2 this morning, just one hour B4 I had to dash off for my acupuncture appointment so you can imagine, it was like pins & needles felt having to unpack but leave it unattended and to head out instead for the scheduled treatment.
Had needles for the acupuncture though... :cry:

I would try to install this Sygic for it is indeed a steal given its price in Euros??? :shock: I think the default maps installed with the S2 is from Google Maps (very basic I was earlier informed) but I have not venture that far as yet, just came home and sticking my ZAGG shield protector to start with. I've subscribed Internet for this for the convenience and fundamentally, not applying GPS usage through my phone but its handy as a back up on pedestrian mode.

Those displays sure are realistic too. :thumbsup:

The price you paid online is good for we are charged for our European Maps, which include East Europe too (which I don't normally include), just €79,99. :shock:
I wonder if this will be a yearly routine like TomTom is?
Image ~ Cruiser ~

Return to “GPS on Mobile Phones & PDAs”