Thailand Multi-Provincial Tracks/POIs

Tracklog, POI and error feedback for Thailand. Also discussions on various mapping issues.

Moderators: keong8260, Moderators, Thai Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. This forum is strictly for feedback to our maps
3. NO posting of data copied from other source
4. NO abuse, profanity and insults
5. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
cflai
Valued Contributor
Location: Seremban (NUVI760 GPSMAP60CSX DOPODU1000 NUVI265WT NUVI1460)

Re: Thailand Multi-Provincial Tracks/POIs

Postby cflai » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:40 pm

alyem wrote:I am still updating your track.. :ko: :ko: :ko:

Very :ko: :ko: on the double decker highway.. :ko: :ko:

So sorry Bro,

Keep it up, I know you can do it :D :D

You are great lah!!

cflai
Valued Contributor

Postby cflai » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:25 pm

Hi

Just a point of interest.

Using the Garmin Thailand map in NUVIs 255 and 265 models, coming into Bangkok city was very easy with the pop-ups that appear before the next turn.. very useful with plenty of warning a distance away :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

20091213_004901_002820_1707.JPG

20091213_004901_003130_1897.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

simseair
Valued Contributor

Postby simseair » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:15 pm

Hi,

I got these data from one of my Thai colleagues (K Teerachat) after I introduced him to the Malfree site and asked him for the tracks or info. Hope these are helpful. These were taken from his GPS - not sure it is some personal data or data from his Garmin. Let me know if these can be used or not.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by simseair on Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

simseair
Valued Contributor

Postby simseair » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:16 pm

Additional info.

fizzysoup

3 possible routes from border to Phuket - two more to come!

Postby fizzysoup » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:47 pm

Drive time is anything from 9.5 hours upwards from KL to Phuket Gateway, (just over the bridge), weather & traffic dependent. Obviously your total time will increase according to the number and duration of your stops!

I drive from KL to Phuket and back at least 3 times (sometimes five times) per year. If anyone needs any assistance I am happy to try and help!

I hope the attached .gdp file is of use to the mappers in updating Southern Thailand maps. Next time I can keep my GPS 'rolling during my stay there, so as to provide more comprehensive coverage of Phuket itself if it is considered to be worth while/useful!

Cheers
FizzySoup
Collected -- :tq: -- tympg

dvpro

Re: 3 possible routes from border to Phuket - two more to co

Postby dvpro » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:45 pm

Which one would be your preferred route, and why? :tq:
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

fizzysoup

Re: 3 possible routes from border to Phuket - two more to co

Postby fizzysoup » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:38 am

I haven't done the (two) Trang possibilities for a while, so couldn't give you a definitive answer until I cover them again.

My preferred route is actually the longest (by about 60kms) but fastest (I like to get there as quickly as possible), and that route is all the way North on the 41 [further North than the one on my visual above) until it intersects with the 44, and then head South. The 44 is a fantastic and very fast dual carriage where the North & South lanes are about 100 meters apart . It is mainly all jungle so little by way of town or village traffic to slow you down, so you can really bomb along this strip!! Also this route is dual carriage all the way apart from about 35kms. All the other alternatives have much longer sections of single carriageway, and you can get held up, especially as you go through the larger towns.

I have been trying out these alternative routes to see if time can be save, but so far not!

cflai
Valued Contributor

Tracks from Malaysia/Thailand/Laos/Vietnam trip

Postby cflai » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:12 pm

Hi

I am attaching herewith the URL of Mediafire site, a consolidated set of tracks taken during our recent 4X4 overland trip from Malaysia/Thailand/Laos/Northern Vietnam.

As the file is 17.48MB in size, I have uploaded it into Mediafire for your download at Here leads to Mediafire downloads

So sorry I have combined all the tracks for these countries into one file although those covering Thailand can be splitted for MFM's use.....

The tracks are the result of a combination of 2 machines in one car - a NUVI265WT and a NUVI1460, they are 1 sec tracks and Nutracks software has been used to convert the raw data to .gpx format. Waypoints are also included. (You don't get elevation data). The red tracks are from the NUVI1460 and the green tracks are from NUVI265WT.

Thailand: In view of the red-shirt trouble in Bangkok central, we had to re-schedule our journey to Nakhon Phanom border via the southern outer ring road of Bangkok on to Saraburi passing the "Swampy" airport and the on to Nakhon Ratchasima enroute to KhonKaen, Udon Thani to cross into Laos at Nakhon Phanom. On the way we visited Phimai which is reflected in the tracks.

My sincere thanks to Peter Zelinka (Lurkin) of AsiaGPS Forums for all the daily SMS and e-mails advising the daily monitor of what was happening in Bangkok (talk about networking!), without which we almost decided to cancel the trip! Would have loved to buy him a meal with beers at Kanchanaburi but we could not contact him as I lost my hand phone somewhere around Halong Bay!

On the way back, we came into Thailand from Vientiane crossing the Friendship Bridge on to Nangkhai, Udon Thani, Pakchong and visited the National Park at Khao Yai, stayed at Khao Yai Garedn Lodge to visit an Italian village with plenty of shopping - (again, recommended by Peter Zelinka).

To avoid Bangkok again, we drove through the northern outer ring road to Kanchanaburi. Tracks include a tour to the Safari Park at Kanchanaburi and then bypassed Bangkok back to Chaam, Nakhon Si Thamarat to Malaysia. Many POIs have been noted.

Hope the Thailand tracks are useful..........

Thanks

cflai

tympg
Senior Mapper

Re: Tracks from Malaysia/Thailand/Laos/Vietnam trip

Postby tympg » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:10 am

:tq:
Garmin nüvi 2575R; Garmin eTrex Vista HCx; Android 5.0.1 Phone

alyem
Regional Mapper

Re: Tracks from Malaysia/Thailand/Laos/Vietnam trip

Postby alyem » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:31 pm