Phuket & Phang Nga Tracks & POIs

Tracklog, POI and error feedback for Thailand. Also discussions on various mapping issues.

Moderators: keong8260, Moderators, Thai Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. This forum is strictly for feedback to our maps
3. NO posting of data copied from other source
4. NO abuse, profanity and insults
5. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
JasonLee
Regional Mapper
Location: Penang (Magellan Meridian Color & Garmin Nuvi 1460, 2465, 2575R, 3560 & Etrex 30)

Re: Phuket & Phang Nga Tracks & POIs

Postby JasonLee » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:25 pm

:tq: Bro Azlan96.

Your Phuket POIs and track have been acted upon. I have not touched those on Phi-Phi Island as I do not have the mp file.

Meanwhile, can anybody tell me what this means and whether it is worthwhile to add as a POI?
20110314 Phuket 65.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lean not on your own understanding

JasonLee
Regional Mapper
Location: Penang (Magellan Meridian Color & Garmin Nuvi 1460, 2465, 2575R, 3560 & Etrex 30)

Postby JasonLee » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:29 pm

azlan96 wrote:we cannot put like 5 7-11 entries in MapSource eh?
Can. I have put all 5 in but when you search you will see 5 7-11s. It will be better if you give more details like the name of the street/shopping mall it is in for example 7-11 Street A, 7-11 Street B, 7-11 Central Festival, etc.

aqualung

Postby aqualung » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:39 pm

PBW.gdb

A new makan place and some tracks from my last visit to Phuket.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JasonLee
Regional Mapper

Postby JasonLee » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:26 pm

aqualung wrote:
PBW.gdb

A new makan place and some tracks from my last visit to Phuket.

Done.
:tq:

egtan

Postby egtan » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:53 pm

Hi!

Just finished a short trip in Phuket where I rented a car and drove around. It's been a long time since I've contributed to Malfreemaps. I think you all do great work and I wanted to help out a little bit more.

Include POI for the following:
PATONG
- Simon Cabaret - Really great show.
- Molly Malone's Bar
- Bangkok Burger Company

PHUKET TOWN
- Methee Cashew Nut Company
- Methee Cashew Nut Company (Branch)
- Phuket Indy Market
- Ocean Shopping Mall
- Robinson Department Store
- Super Cheap Bazaar
- Some Petrol Stations

OTHERS
- Banana Beach (secret beach used by Thai locals)
http://www.phuket101.net/2010/12/banana-beach-last-secret-beach-in.html
- Marriott Vacation Club
- Kindee Restaurant
http://www.tripadvisor.com.my/Restaurant_Review-g1223683-d1626665-Reviews-Kin_Dee_Restaurant-Mai_Khao_Phuket.html
- Thanoon Seafood Restaurant
http://jamie-monk.blogspot.com/2011/10/thanoon-seafood.html
- Jakkajan Seafood
http://www.tripadvisor.com.my/Restaurant_Review-g1223683-d3168021-Reviews-Jakkajan_Seafood-Mai_Khao_Phuket.html

I've also included my tracks in the GDB file but unfortunately, I'm using a Garmin Asus A10 Nuvifon.... not the best phone for grabbing tracks. Also, the car I rented had some V-Cool tinting... not sure what impact it had on accuracy (although I did get a lock-on pretty fast).

For my tracks from Marriott to Thanoon Seafood (across the Sarasin Bridge), I was using my Samsung Galaxy S2 with the GPSLogger app which captures tracks at 1sec intervals to gdb file. I hope that's useful to you.

Also, there's a bit of change to the Sarasin Bridge at N8 12.101 E98 17.879. The old Sarasin Bridge has been converted into a Pedestrian bridge and the new Sarasin Bridge is built right next to the old bridge. See attached image.

There's a part of the road near Marriott in Mai Khao where the road has changed at this point N8 10.919 E98 17.914. Please see the image attached.

There's also an unmapped road at N7 52.965 E98 17.683 which I have included in my Tracks but I think my track points are insufficient to properly map it (I didn't enable the 1sec track logger). Perhaps someone can map it in the future.

duke17
Champion Polygon Mapper
Champion Polygon Mapper

Postby duke17 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:50 pm

Kapong Garden Resort, Phang Nga, Thailand

...totally secluded place in the middle of rice field next to lake full of fish. Tasty and extremely cheap food, friendly locals. Worth a overnight stay if you're on your way up north towards Surat.
Garmin Montana 650; Nuvi 2575RLM; BMW Navigator V; Nuvi 205; Garmin Edge 1000; mfm

JasonLee
Regional Mapper

Postby JasonLee » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:59 pm

egtan wrote:Hi!

Just finished a short trip in Phuket where I rented a car and drove around. It's been a long time since I've contributed to Malfreemaps. I think you all do great work and I wanted to help out a little bit more.

Include POI for the following:
PATONG
- Simon Cabaret - Really great show.
- Molly Malone's Bar
- Bangkok Burger Company

PHUKET TOWN
- Methee Cashew Nut Company
- Methee Cashew Nut Company (Branch)
- Phuket Indy Market
- Ocean Shopping Mall
- Robinson Department Store
- Super Cheap Bazaar
- Some Petrol Stations

OTHERS
- Banana Beach (secret beach used by Thai locals)
http://www.phuket101.net/2010/12/banana-beach-last-secret-beach-in.html
- Marriott Vacation Club
- Kindee Restaurant
http://www.tripadvisor.com.my/Restaurant_Review-g1223683-d1626665-Reviews-Kin_Dee_Restaurant-Mai_Khao_Phuket.html
- Thanoon Seafood Restaurant
http://jamie-monk.blogspot.com/2011/10/thanoon-seafood.html
- Jakkajan Seafood
http://www.tripadvisor.com.my/Restaurant_Review-g1223683-d3168021-Reviews-Jakkajan_Seafood-Mai_Khao_Phuket.html

I've also included my tracks in the GDB file but unfortunately, I'm using a Garmin Asus A10 Nuvifon.... not the best phone for grabbing tracks. Also, the car I rented had some V-Cool tinting... not sure what impact it had on accuracy (although I did get a lock-on pretty fast).

For my tracks from Marriott to Thanoon Seafood (across the Sarasin Bridge), I was using my Samsung Galaxy S2 with the GPSLogger app which captures tracks at 1sec intervals to gdb file. I hope that's useful to you.

Also, there's a bit of change to the Sarasin Bridge at N8 12.101 E98 17.879. The old Sarasin Bridge has been converted into a Pedestrian bridge and the new Sarasin Bridge is built right next to the old bridge. See attached image.

There's a part of the road near Marriott in Mai Khao where the road has changed at this point N8 10.919 E98 17.914. Please see the image attached.

There's also an unmapped road at N7 52.965 E98 17.683 which I have included in my Tracks but I think my track points are insufficient to properly map it (I didn't enable the 1sec track logger). Perhaps someone can map it in the future.

Hi Bro egtan,

:tq:

However, as I am driving there next month, I shall hold off adding to the map to avoid doing double work as surely I will have something to add after my trip.

I already saw the changes to the Sarasin Bridge in my last trip in 2012 but did not change the map as the routing will not be affected. If I add an unconnected road bridge, that will create some error of hanging polyline which may affect routing.

JasonLee
Regional Mapper

Postby JasonLee » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:02 pm

duke17 wrote:Kapong Garden Resort, Phang Nga, Thailand

...totally secluded place in the middle of rice field next to lake full of fish. Tasty and extremely cheap food, friendly locals. Worth a overnight stay if you're on your way up north towards Surat.

Thanks Bro duke17,

I shall add your contributions after my trip to Phuket and Phangnga in September.

duke17
Champion Polygon Mapper
Champion Polygon Mapper

Postby duke17 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:23 pm

Tonphrai Waterfall, Phang Nga, Thailand
Garmin Montana 650; Nuvi 2575RLM; BMW Navigator V; Nuvi 205; Garmin Edge 1000; mfm

JasonLee
Regional Mapper

Postby JasonLee » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:56 am

duke17 wrote:Tonphrai Waterfall, Phang Nga, Thailand

:tq: Bro duke17,

Will map after September.

Return to “Thailand Map Discussion & Feedback”