Thailand Map Feedback for Errors or Changes

Tracklog, POI and error feedback for Thailand. Also discussions on various mapping issues.

Moderators: keong8260, Moderators, Thai Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. This forum is strictly for feedback to our maps
3. NO posting of data copied from other source
4. NO abuse, profanity and insults
5. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
alharis299
Champion Polygon Mapper
Champion Polygon Mapper

Re: Thailand Map Feedback for Errors or Changes

Postby alharis299 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:38 am

payedsan wrote:hi..i'm newbie..just wanna ask..by using papagox5,how to update latest map for thailand..i've map for that but last update on 2/9/09.tq so much

Sorry Bro,

Our MFM Papago Map cover for Malaysia, Brunei & Singapore only.

:rox:

gannyban

Postby gannyban » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:00 pm

If I'm at Wang Kelian Customs & Imigration(Perlis) and want to head to Koh Klang, Thailand , the GPS will route me to Bukit Kayu Hitam then Sadao rather than allow me to use the road(4184) straight away. Even I choose Route reference to faster time or shortest distance.

Please help.

Thanks

lyejingyiau

Postby lyejingyiau » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:23 pm

Hi All,

Last weekend i went to Betong and i navigated to Piyamit Tunnel, while the GPS is in the routing progress, it comes out a dialog box saying that there is an error of the file and forced to close the whole Papago X5 system.
I tried to turn off and on again, this dialog box still popping out. Eventhough i press the reset button, still the same.

Anyone faced this kind of issue before? anyone can help?

Thanks in advance.

tympg
Senior Mapper

Postby tympg » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:42 pm

lyejingyiau wrote:Hi All,

Last weekend i went to Betong and i navigated to Piyamit Tunnel, while the GPS is in the routing progress, it comes out a dialog box saying that there is an error of the file and forced to close the whole Papago X5 system.
I tried to turn off and on again, this dialog box still popping out. Eventhough i press the reset button, still the same.

Anyone faced this kind of issue before? anyone can help?

Thanks in advance.

Malfreemaps does not cover Thailand for Papago systems. Maybe because of this, the system encountered an error trying to route from a point in the MfM map in Malaysia to the Thailand Papago map (assuming you have the Papago Thailand map). I'm just guessing here.
Garmin nüvi 2575R; Garmin eTrex Vista HCx; Android 5.0.1 Phone

wisdom_ferno

Postby wisdom_ferno » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:05 pm

During my last visit to Hatyai, I found that certain road direction given by my gps is not accurate (my gps has directed me to no entry direction).

The location mentioned above is at the junction between Thanom Phet Kasem & Thanom Supasarnrangsan (in Hatyai town).

GPS cordinate -- 7 00 26.84 N 100 28 08.40 E

alyem
Regional Mapper

Postby alyem » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:01 pm

wisdom_ferno wrote:During my last visit to Hatyai, I found that certain road direction given by my gps is not accurate (my gps has directed me to no entry direction).

The location mentioned above is at the junction between Thanom Phet Kasem & Thanom Supasarnrangsan (in Hatyai town).

GPS cordinate -- 7 00 26.84 N 100 28 08.40 E

Give us more info pls.
73, 9w2yyl
You need the MAP, We need your TRACK

wisdom_ferno

Postby wisdom_ferno » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:50 am

alyem wrote:
Give us more info pls.

There is a trafic light at the junction. We can either drive straight to Thanom Supasarnrangsan (to town center) OR turn left. It is a two way road without divider at the center. When the trafic light change to green, vehicles infront of you can drive straight by-passing your right side. We, however cannot make a right turn due to this condition.

My gps has instructed me to take right turn, eventhough we are not supposed to do that. I almost bumped into other motorbike due to this incident.

Sorry bro, my english not so good. Hope u understand what I mean.

alyem
Regional Mapper

Postby alyem » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:38 pm

wisdom_ferno wrote:
alyem wrote:
Give us more info pls.

There is a trafic light at the junction. We can either drive straight to Thanom Supasarnrangsan (to town center) OR turn left. It is a two way road without divider at the center. When the trafic light change to green, vehicles infront of you can drive straight by-passing your right side. We, however cannot make a right turn due to this condition.

My gps has instructed me to take right turn, eventhough we are not supposed to do that. I almost bumped into other motorbike due to this incident.

Sorry bro, my english not so good. Hope u understand what I mean.

100% Understand....

But still need the location...

Like.. sample below :-

No right turn from Thanon Supphasan Rangsan to Thanon Pracha Thipat 1 > N7 00 31.4 E100 28 27.5
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
73, 9w2yyl
You need the MAP, We need your TRACK

wisdom_ferno

Postby wisdom_ferno » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:49 am

wisdom_ferno wrote:During my last visit to Hatyai, I found that certain road direction given by my gps is not accurate (my gps has directed me to no entry direction).

GPS cordinate --> 7 00 26.84 N 100 28 08.40 E

Already given gps cordinate for the location (in red color above). Obtained this cordinate using google earth.

However, gps cordinate N700.452 E100 28.141 by using mapsource + malfreemap 120730. Hope this will help.

egtan

Postby egtan » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:37 pm

I posted previously in another thread:

Hi!

Just finished a short trip in Phuket where I rented a car and drove around. It's been a long time since I've contributed to Malfreemaps. I think you all do great work and I wanted to help out a little bit more.

Include POI for the following:
PATONG
- Simon Cabaret - Really great show.
- Molly Malone's Bar
- Bangkok Burger Company

PHUKET TOWN
- Methee Cashew Nut Company
- Methee Cashew Nut Company (Branch)
- Phuket Indy Market
- Ocean Shopping Mall
- Robinson Department Store
- Super Cheap Bazaar
- Some Petrol Stations

OTHERS
- Banana Beach (secret beach used by Thai locals)
http://www.phuket101.net/2010/12/banana-beach-last-secret-beach-in.html
- Marriott Vacation Club
- Kindee Restaurant
http://www.tripadvisor.com.my/Restaurant_Review-g1223683-d1626665-Reviews-Kin_Dee_Restaurant-Mai_Khao_Phuket.html
- Thanoon Seafood Restaurant
http://jamie-monk.blogspot.com/2011/10/thanoon-seafood.html
- Jakkajan Seafood
http://www.tripadvisor.com.my/Restaurant_Review-g1223683-d3168021-Reviews-Jakkajan_Seafood-Mai_Khao_Phuket.html

I've also included my tracks in the GDB file but unfortunately, I'm using a Garmin Asus A10 Nuvifon.... not the best phone for grabbing tracks. Also, the car I rented had some V-Cool tinting... not sure what impact it had on accuracy (although I did get a lock-on pretty fast).

For my tracks from Marriott to Thanoon Seafood (across the Sarasin Bridge), I was using my Samsung Galaxy S2 with the GPSLogger app which captures tracks at 1sec intervals to gdb file. I hope that's useful to you.
http://www.malfreemaps.com/download/file.php?id=90130

Also, there's a bit of change to the Sarasin Bridge at N8 12.101 E98 17.879. The old Sarasin Bridge has been converted into a Pedestrian bridge and the new Sarasin Bridge is built right next to the old bridge. See attached image.

There's a part of the road near Marriott in Mai Khao where the road has changed at this point N8 10.919 E98 17.914. Please see the image attached.

There's also an unmapped road at N7 52.965 E98 17.683 which I have included in my Tracks but I think my track points are insufficient to properly map it (I didn't enable the 1sec track logger). Perhaps someone can map it in the future.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Thailand Map Discussion & Feedback”