Thailand Map Feedback for Errors or Changes

Tracklog, POI and error feedback for Thailand. Also discussions on various mapping issues.

Moderators: keong8260, Moderators, Thai Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. This forum is strictly for feedback to our maps
3. NO posting of data copied from other source
4. NO abuse, profanity and insults
5. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
KC*
Regional Mapper

Re: Thailand Map Feedback for Errors or Changes

Postby KC* » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:13 pm

OngCC wrote:Still not yet finish touching up yet.

Nonetheless, WELL DONE! You managed to get it up incredibly fast!

Also noticed the wonderful individualised icons for the petrol stations. Great job.

:good:

kimmchii

Postby kimmchii » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:57 pm

this street in hatyai, Thanon Pracharack is ONLY one way. map is incorrect.

updated ~ keong8260 :tq:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

xerver

Malaysian and Thailand Border Missing Connection

Postby xerver » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:35 am

I have downloaded the latest map: MFM-Garmin-110124.

I used Mapsource to create the Map and I have selected and transferred the whole Malaysian and the rest of SEA countries to my nuvi 1350. But after I check the map from my device, I found there are missing link along the border of Malaysia to Thailand. Can sifu here give me your guidance how to link up the map of these 2 borders?

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: Malaysian and Thailand Border Missing Connection

Postby silverbeauty » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:57 am

xerver wrote:I have downloaded the latest map: MFM-Garmin-110124.

I used Mapsource to create the Map and I have selected and transferred the whole Malaysian and the rest of SEA countries to my nuvi 1350. But after I check the map from my device, I found there are missing link along the border of Malaysia to Thailand. Can sifu here give me your guidance how to link up the map of these 2 borders?

Bro xerver, please provide mapsource co-ordinates for us to verify :tq:

xerver

Postby xerver » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:16 am

Bro..

I checked the map from mapsource.. there are no missing link along the border. But when I check my device, the missing link was there..

West Coast link for eg.
For malaysia map, it ends at bukit kayu hitam.
From Thailand, it ends at Hatyai

East Coast link for eg.
For Malaysia map, it ends at Rantau Panjang
From Thailand, i can't see the whole province of Yala.

Thanks Bro for your guidance

keong8260
Regional Mapper
Location: Alor Setar (60CSx, Nuvi, Papago, Polnav, Galactio, Compass, Parang, Gun)

Postby keong8260 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:18 pm

Will counter check it... thanks for the info! :good:

xerver

Postby xerver » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:16 pm

All of my helpful Bro...

Attached my missing map along the border of Malaysia and Thailand from my device.. Hope someone can assist me urgently as I am going to Hatyai in another 1 week time.. Really thank you for all of your helps.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

keong8260
Regional Mapper
Location: Alor Setar (60CSx, Nuvi, Papago, Polnav, Galactio, Compass, Parang, Gun)

Postby keong8260 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:49 am

xerver wrote:All of my helpful Bro...

Attached my missing map along the border of Malaysia and Thailand from my device.. Hope someone can assist me urgently as I am going to Hatyai in another 1 week time.. Really thank you for all of your helps.

Are you install both MFM map and Thailand NT map into you GPSr?

xerver

Postby xerver » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:35 pm

Bro... I do not know if by any chance I have accidentally download any other maps, but let me recall...

After I bought the GPS with preloaded malsing map from Garmin, then I download the Asean maps via mapsource and the source file I was using called MFM-Garmin-110124 downloaded here.. and the result I get is the missing link along the border of Malaysia and Thailand appeared in my device. But when I checked the map appeared on the mapsource, the map is complete without any missing link along the border.

I confused... :nutz:

xerver

Postby xerver » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:12 pm

Dear Bros..

I just went to Aeco Technologies, the authorised Garmin Distributor in Malaysia and highlighted my problem with them. The technical assistant checked my map loaded in the device and successfully identified the problem.

According to them, If we are using original Garmin's Malsingmap, we should not use the Malfreemap together as the device will read Malsingmap in confusion as well as slower the speed of the processor. It should be either Malsingmap or Malfreemap, by 'checking' and 'unchecking' the relevant maps you are intending to use from the 'Map' option following by 'info'.

So in short, if we are using within Malaysia, Singapore and Brunei, just 'check' the Malsingmap and if you are going outside of these 3 countries, then 'check' only the Malfreemap.

Hope this information may provide some helps to anyone who has encounter the same problem with me.

Return to “Thailand Map Discussion & Feedback”