Driving to Singapore

Share your trip photos, tracklogs, experience & tips. Ask the locals info about your planned destination.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
ajay

Re: Driving to Singapore

Postby ajay » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:29 pm

guys, do i need to bring car registration card? or the road tax on the windscreen is enough?
from Garmin Que for Pocket PC to Garmin Mobile XT for Windows Mobile to Nuvi 205W to Papago M9 for Android & now Garmin Nuvi 2576.

mnoor

Postby mnoor » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:36 pm

I think you're referring the log card, if you do in Malaysia, just bring it along... but don't forget your insurance papers. In Spore, we don't use it anymore as everything in online already.

ajay

Postby ajay » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:49 pm

log card? i'm refering to registration card or some people call it grant (geran kereta :) ). we don't bring it around coz it is kept by the bank (if loan not settled yet ;) ). so i guess i don't have to bring it. i'll bring the insurance paper
from Garmin Que for Pocket PC to Garmin Mobile XT for Windows Mobile to Nuvi 205W to Papago M9 for Android & now Garmin Nuvi 2576.

ajay

Postby ajay » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:57 pm

and... oh.. where to find singapore bone steak (sup tulang merah? )
i tried it years ago & like it. no idea where we went though

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:48 pm

ajay wrote:and... oh.. where to find singapore bone steak (sup tulang merah? )
i tried it years ago & like it. no idea where we went though

Ayer Rajah Food Centre N1 18.710 E103 45.601

ajay

Postby ajay » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:20 pm

i thought it's somewhere at jalan sultan?

singawon
Valued Contributor

Postby singawon » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:57 pm

ajay wrote:i thought it's somewhere at jalan sultan?

Go to joo chiat hawker center if you stay near geylang....you remind me of the good stuffs....will recce it again and give you more info.... :thumbsup:
诸恶莫作 众善奉行 自净其意 是诸佛教

ajay

Postby ajay » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:12 pm

i googled & found one at the golden mile food center - haji kadir stall. & looking at street-level photos of the food center through google earth, i think this was the place i went years ago. is the joo chiat's one similar?

singawon
Valued Contributor

Postby singawon » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:34 pm

Not too sure about the golden mile food center, i went to the Haig road food center (N1 18.925 E103 53.728), but not too sure they are still there... :-' , i believe there may be many places that sell sup tulang merah but we dun eat it often so not too sure where to find it.. :mrgreen:
诸恶莫作 众善奉行 自净其意 是诸佛教

aikliang
Contributor

Postby aikliang » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:14 am

ajay wrote:guys, do i need to bring car registration card? or the road tax on the windscreen is enough?
Better to bring the insurance paper just in case (Scout's motto - Be Prepared)

Base on experience driving into Singapore:-

1. Reach Immigration - hand-over passport (s) to Immigration Officer

2. Proceed to VEP/LTA Office (look out for the signs. It is easy to find in Woodlands but for TUAS, you may miss it) to apply for AutoPass Card. There will be Officers waiting, just tell them you want to apply for AutoPass, they will then write your car number + road tax on a slip of paper. Go to Office, pass the slip to Counter and pay SGD10 for the AutoPass. I think it is SGD5 non-refundable deposit and SGD5 Value.

3. When exiting Singapore, upon reaching the Immigration Counter, insert the AutoPass into the Card Reader and it will automatically deduct whatever amount applicable. Ideally try to have minimum SGD10 value in the AutoPass. If you don't go through any ERP, the amount deducted will be:-

a. No charge if enter through Woodlands
b. Exit from Woodlands is SGD1.20
c. Entry and exit from TUAS is SGD3.70 per entry/exit
d. If you go pass ERP without IU, add SGD5 per day

4. Next time you enter Singapore, just insert the AutoPass into the Card Reader at the Immigration Counter.

5. IMPORTANT : When you enter/exit Singapore, always ensure your entry/exit is recorded. If you attempt to exit/enter, you will be fine SGD10 + toll charges. Also if the AutoPass do not have sufficient value, also fine SGD10

Enjoy your drive and trip to Singapore....
It is not the mountain that we conquer but ourselves - Edmund Hilary

Return to “Holiday & Travel”