Recce trip up to Taman Negara Sg Relau, Merapoh, Pahang

Share your trip photos, tracklogs, experience & tips. Ask the locals info about your planned destination.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
cwyap
Valued Contributor

Recce trip up to Taman Negara Sg Relau, Merapoh, Pahang

Postby cwyap » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:23 pm

Took a trip up to Taman Negara Sg Relau, Merapoh, Pahang to submit my application for permit to climb Gn Tahan next year (need to do it early as there is a limit of 48 permits a day, and the time my friends & I will be going is peak season).

My Garmin 60CSx and Columbus V-900 went along as data loggers. Surprisingly, the GPS data logged by V-900 is much superior that 60CSx (nothing to do with the 1-second logging issue but more of consistency tracks "hugging" the roads & minimal "scattering" of track points). Of course the 60CSx was still the tool for me to navigate my way around Gua Musang thereafter (didn't do any tracking as I was dead tired).

The story of my trip can be viewed here:-
http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=754204 :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Courage is not living without fear.
Courage is being scared to death and doing the right thing anyway.
- Chae Richardson

Return to “Holiday & Travel”