Kuantan

Share your trip photos, tracklogs, experience & tips. Ask the locals info about your planned destination.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
kon

Kuantan

Postby kon » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:45 pm

Hi MFM bros

I'm planning a short road trip from Singapore to Kuantan. Wondering if anyone can point me to nice food in Kuantan I must try \:D/

I missed my chee cheong fun/yong tau foo, nasi lemak, bak kut teh, wan tan mee, keropok =P~

chinwy
Regional Mapper

Re: Kuantan

Postby chinwy » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:48 pm

There is only one good place for yong tau foo and that will be in Sungai Lembing on Sunday morning only. If you go there and stay over on Saturday night, you will be treated wiht the town famous rost pxxx.... (this one not may outsdiers know - local secret! What is left over is then sold in Kuantan!!!) Kichup noodels is another special not found anywhere else. You can finish the day off with its biscuits to dunk on your coffee and to take home.

Hope that helps.

kon

Postby kon » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:35 pm

bro... only Sunday morning can find? My plan is to visit Sungai Lembing/Panching on Saturday leh ](*,)
Anyway, can be more specific where to find the stall? sungai lembing a bit 'long' to find leh :oops:

Sunday, most likely heading home liao :ko:

chinwy
Regional Mapper

Postby chinwy » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:04 pm

The food court is spot on in town N3 54.997 E103 02.090. And the town is THAT big - one eye see all, only 2 street! Like they say, where you see people, that's where the food is. You can still spend a morning there and get back to the highway to go head home by 11 am.

BTW the youg tau foo is the white tofu type that is signature dish in this SL town. I am Ipohmali and dare say this one is good enough to out do the Ipoh ones. Smooth, soft and lite! Couple of stalls sells them, I guess, you can taste them all... and dont forget the kichup mee!!! Ask the locals if not sure. Unfortunately, I do not have exact GPS location of all the stalls as the food court was under renovation when I left Malaysia.

If you are into Nasi Dagang this location is reputable.
N3 36.312 E103 19.682... I go there on my sunday ride sometimes. Not too sure if it is open on other times. Since you are coming from South, strongly recommend you detour and visit the wetlands down Sepat beach.... nice place. N3 40.066 E103 21.172 - this spot is my favourite in the monsoon, you get to see the migrating cranes that will practically dot this whole wetlands.... suprise no many people know?? Would say this beach is a lot better than the TC beach- very quiet and you have the whole place to yourself... if you like benig alone.

IF you have more time, you could make arrangements to visit Rainbow waterfalls.... nice place. I only hope people dont spoil it.

Have fun while you are there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kon

Postby kon » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:32 pm

thank you!!!! \:D/

I will try to locate these places :D

Return to “Holiday & Travel”