Melaka tourist attractions

Share your trip photos, tracklogs, experience & tips. Ask the locals info about your planned destination.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
comeonesticks
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:56 pm

Melaka tourist attractions

Postby comeonesticks » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:12 pm

Eh.. I need help. I am planning in going on a road trip to Melaka early next mth from Singapore.. Any Bros here can post some points of interest to visit or something? If i drive should i drive to all the places i intend to go in Melaka or just park at a hotel. Any advices or something?
Cheers

User avatar
silverbeauty
Moderator
Posts: 3524
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: Melaka HelP!

Postby silverbeauty » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:15 am

comeonesticks wrote:Eh.. I need help. I am planning in going on a road trip to Melaka early next mth from Singapore.. Any Bros here can post some points of interest to visit or something? If i drive should i drive to all the places i intend to go in Melaka or just park at a hotel. Any advices or something?
Cheers



Bro, it depends on where you are staying, what is the age group going, what you intend to achieve in this holiday. For me, I like to stay in the Malacca Raya area ( Equatorial / Holiday Inn Hotel ) and most attractions are just a walk away. I still drive around as i want to conver more ground and also the convenience as not to lug purchases. All of my trips to Melaka is plan around Makan places ...

One hotel that I also like is the Lisbon hotel in Portuguese Square. It is outside the tourist belt, but has advantage of outside of crowds, traffic etc... and it faces the beach. www.lisbonhotel.com.my

Google is your best friend as to where to visit and what to do. Use it with MFM map which is filled with POIs. :thumbsup: It helps to identify location with respect to where you intent to stay.

Examples of POIs are
Melaka River Cruise
Auyin Hill Resort
Mini Malaysia / ASEAN
Zoo / Melaka Recreational Forest
ST Paul's Church
Jonker's Walk Pasar Malam
Eye of Melaka ride
Taming Sari tower ride

I attached a tourist map of Maleka which I got from Malacca Renissance hotel for your reference,
Also is a tourist map of Ayer Keroh area and attractions there when I stayed at D'Paradise Resort

Feel free to post questions. We will help as best we can.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

comeonesticks
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:56 pm

Re: Melaka HelP!

Postby comeonesticks » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:35 am

silverbeauty wrote:
comeonesticks wrote:Eh.. I need help. I am planning in going on a road trip to Melaka early next mth from Singapore.. Any Bros here can post some points of interest to visit or something? If i drive should i drive to all the places i intend to go in Melaka or just park at a hotel. Any advices or something?
Cheers



Bro, it depends on where you are staying, what is the age group going, what you intend to achieve in this holiday. For me, I like to stay in the Malacca Raya area ( Equatorial / Holiday Inn Hotel ) and most attractions are just a walk away. I still drive around as i want to conver more ground and also the convenience as not to lug purchases. All of my trips to Melaka is plan around Makan places ...

One hotel that I also like is the Lisbon hotel in Portuguese Square. It is outside the tourist belt, but has advantage of outside of crowds, traffic etc... and it faces the beach. http://www.lisbonhotel.com.my

Google is your best friend as to where to visit and what to do. Use it with MFM map which is filled with POIs. :thumbsup: It helps to identify location with respect to where you intent to stay.

Examples of POIs are
Melaka River Cruise
Auyin Hill Resort
Mini Malaysia / ASEAN
Zoo / Melaka Recreational Forest
ST Paul's Church
Jonker's Walk Pasar Malam
Eye of Melaka ride
Taming Sari tower ride

I attached a tourist map of Maleka which I got from Malacca Renissance hotel for your reference,
Also is a tourist map of Ayer Keroh area and attractions there when I stayed at D'Paradise Resort

Feel free to post questions. We will help as best we can.


WoW!

Thanks Alot! My age group is 24-26. Well We just wanted to have a getaway from Singapore and then eat there... Walk around.. Take some pictures...

Thanks again.. Anything i should take note of? safety issues?

User avatar
sharkteef
Valued Contributor
Posts: 927
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:50 pm
Location: Teh Intehnetsssss
Contact:

Re: Melaka HelP!

Postby sharkteef » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:15 pm

JALAN ONG KIM WEE FOR SATAY CELUP. GO TO THE UN-RENNOVATED SHOP.


*SORRY FOR THE CAPS, CAPS LOCK KEY SPOILED. STUPID KEYBOARD @#!$#$!$@!%$#%.
Image

User avatar
silverbeauty
Moderator
Posts: 3524
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: Melaka HelP!

Postby silverbeauty » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:31 am

comeonesticks wrote:
WoW!

Thanks Alot! My age group is 24-26. Well We just wanted to have a getaway from Singapore and then eat there... Walk around.. Take some pictures...

Thanks again.. Anything i should take note of? safety issues?



As in any foreign country, be street smart. Do not go where your 6th sense tells you not to go. Park where there is lots of human traffic and keep all valuables / shopping purchases no matter how small in your trunk. Use steering lock if available. For weekday / office hours parking, they use the coupon system. Can buy in 24 hrs convenient stores

Since you want to walk, looksee, makan, then stay in Melaka Raya area where Holiday Inn / Equatorial hotel are. There are some lower cost hotels in that vicinity. Look at MFM and then book through internet or call them for RSVP.

For Makan, MFM has quite a number of POIs, use this for out of city makan spots As a newbie, start@Jonker walk at night ( weekends got Pasar Malam, lots to eat / explore ). Yes this is tourist area but good place to start.

Link for some makan spots in Melaka http://food.malaysiamostwanted.com/locations/Melaka

comeonesticks
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:56 pm

Re: Melaka HelP!

Postby comeonesticks » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:28 am

silverbeauty wrote:
comeonesticks wrote:
WoW!

Thanks Alot! My age group is 24-26. Well We just wanted to have a getaway from Singapore and then eat there... Walk around.. Take some pictures...

Thanks again.. Anything i should take note of? safety issues?



As in any foreign country, be street smart. Do not go where your 6th sense tells you not to go. Park where there is lots of human traffic and keep all valuables / shopping purchases no matter how small in your trunk. Use steering lock if available. For weekday / office hours parking, they use the coupon system. Can buy in 24 hrs convenient stores

Since you want to walk, looksee, makan, then stay in Melaka Raya area where Holiday Inn / Equatorial hotel are. There are some lower cost hotels in that vicinity. Look at MFM and then book through internet or call them for RSVP.

For Makan, MFM has quite a number of POIs, use this for out of city makan spots As a newbie, start@Jonker walk at night ( weekends got Pasar Malam, lots to eat / explore ). Yes this is tourist area but good place to start.

Link for some makan spots in Melaka http://food.malaysiamostwanted.com/locations/Melaka


Yea. thanks.. So i just park at the Hotel carpark and then walk around? is it better this way?

User avatar
silverbeauty
Moderator
Posts: 3524
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: Melaka HelP!

Postby silverbeauty » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:47 am

Yes you can but you will be restricted to POI in that vicinity. It is a good start for first time visitors but Melaka is more than that area

comeonesticks
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:56 pm

Re: Melaka HelP!

Postby comeonesticks » Tue May 05, 2009 6:12 pm

another question, how long does it take to drive from melaka to genting highlands?

User avatar
Barnes
Valued Contributor
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:15 pm

Re: Melaka HelP!

Postby Barnes » Wed May 06, 2009 9:14 am

comeonesticks wrote:another question, how long does it take to drive from melaka to genting highlands?

For me 1 and a half hours the most......However, i normally take 1hr..... :peace:

Normal driving (I ride a monster) will normally take about 2 hrs with moderate traffic.

You have so much time to go melaka, look around and still can go Genting huh? =D>

By the way I will be in Melaka this Sat and most prob will move around by Walk and trishaw (those with havoc music) :thumbsup:

User avatar
silverbeauty
Moderator
Posts: 3524
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: Melaka HelP!

Postby silverbeauty » Wed May 06, 2009 9:19 am

:thumbsup: They mostly hang around Equatorial Hotel and roundabout at Jonker's Walk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


Return to “Holiday & Travel”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests