Waterfalls of Perak

Share your trip photos, tracklogs, experience & tips. Ask the locals info about your planned destination.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
snail-works
Valued Contributor

Waterfalls of Perak

Postby snail-works » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:36 pm

Buntong Falls

It is located at the foothills of the Kledang Range, just beside the Ipoh-Lumut Expressway, east side of Buntong town, near Ipoh and Jelapang. Popular picnic site among locals, not much known by tourists. No signboard at the road side and no commercial developement here yet. The main falls is hidden in the forest, need to trek a bit to reach the main falls. Nephentes gracilis (very common pitcher plant) found along the trail.

car parked at the entrance. only motorbike and bicycle can reach the 1st pool

1st pool, local boys are having fun here. trail continued at the left of stream.

1st tier

2nd tier with small dam behind

main falls

beautiful orange mushrooms found at the trailside.

Done! 367 - OngCC
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lost in contour lines, my waterfalls diary ~ www.waterfallquest.jimdo.com ~

tuah
Champion Tracker
Champion Tracker

Re: waterfalls of Perak

Postby tuah » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:46 pm

Near my kampong. :good:

divemuster
Contributor

Postby divemuster » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:31 pm

Very nice!
:tq: for sharing.
To Air is Human, To Nitrox Divine!!

snail-works
Valued Contributor

Postby snail-works » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:18 am

Air Terjun Batu Hampar / Paya Lintah
Not sure should correct the name or not. I found this waterfalls in MFM named Batu Ampar Waterfall, but the signboards towards the falls showed ‘Air Terjun Paya Lintah’ or ‘Batu Hampar’ (N4 49.561 E100 51.197) Let the mapper to decide.

Compare to other waterfalls found around Kuala Kangsar, this waterfalls consider a ‘baby’ size falls… Located at Kampung Paya Lintah, between Padang Rengas and Lubok Merbau, foothill of Bintang Range. Can reach by road no. A107. Not much known by tourist. (sorry, although I grown up at Kuala Kangsar, I also never heard about this fall before… :oops: ) According to the info from the net, this place is full with mystery and myths.. Among the famous myths are ‘Story of Moyang Salli’, ‘Ketukan Batu Hujan’, ‘Pembuatan Tali Air’ and ‘Animal footprint’

Personally feel that this falls is not suit for swimming. There’s another place good for picnic and swimming at the upper stream, outside Batu Ampar Resort.

MFM map

signboard and the main entrance

maybe this is the 'batu hujan'

baby size main falls

side stream

Changed to Batu Hampar. 367 - OngCC

snail-works
Valued Contributor

Postby snail-works » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:20 pm

Tebing Tinggi Waterfalls (N5.15948 E100.89517)

This tall falls can be seen at the roadside no. A6. This road is cut across the Bintang range, from Lenggong to Selama. The surrounding is quite remote. The easy way is came from.Lenggong. Turn left to no. A6 road at Kampung Sumpitan. The road here is narrow and winded. Along the road you’ll see there’s distance marking on the road, I’m not sure what is it use for. Maybe for Tour de Langkawi. Nice place for road cycling, not much traffic. You will go up to 500m sea level above and down before you see the ‘Sg. Tebing Tinggi’ signboard. The falls is on your right and cross under the bridge. There use to have a small park under the bridge near the falls, but the park looks had been abandoned for a long time during the time I visited. The trail is already overgrown.

MFM map

signboard

from the roadside

the main falls

underneath the bridge and the abandoned park on the right

Done! 368 - OngCC
Last edited by snail-works on Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

antyong (retired)
Site Admin (retired)

Postby antyong (retired) » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:29 pm

Where's the coordinates?

Keep on the good work, sis :thumbsup:

snail-works
Valued Contributor

Postby snail-works » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:31 pm

Lata Puteh (N5.15456 E100.88406)

Drive about 1.5km after Tebing Tinggi Waterfalls, you’ll see a bridge and a signboard ‘Sg. Lata Puteh’. There’s a small waterworks building on your right after the bridge. Get out from the car, you’ll hear there’s loud water flowing sound and wonder where’s the falls. Once you look up the hill, the waterfalls is sitting nicely up there.

Believe it or not? Here's a signboard stated that this falls is the 3rd highiest fall at SE Asia... :shock:

Tebing Tinggi waterfall is easy to access, however this falls is total different story. It’s no obvious trail to reach the falls, for the more adventurous one can try to trek up. (Trek up on your own risk… haha…) There’s trekkers trekked up to the main falls successfully before and have lots nice pics up there. Will give it a try on next visit.

signboard

can you tell me is this true?

the falls is sitting up there

the look after zoom in

Done! 368 - OngCC
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by snail-works on Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

snail-works
Valued Contributor

Postby snail-works » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:58 pm

antyong wrote:Where's the coordinates?

Keep on the good work, sis :thumbsup:

Hi bro, both the coordinate is in the lata puteh link. I will edit my post and put the coordinate there for easy reference...

tuah
Champion Tracker
Champion Tracker

Postby tuah » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:56 am

Cool! 8-) :thumbsup:

snail-works
Valued Contributor

Postby snail-works » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:24 pm

Lata Perahu

Drive along the road no. 76 towards Lenggong direction from Kuala Kangsar, there’s 2 waterfalls you won’t miss. 1st falls is this Lata Perahu I’m going to show you here. It’s not a tall spectacular fall but peaceful picnic location for family outing. Even on Sunday, it’s not many people here. Local Malay call the falls as ‘Lata Prow’.

The falls located near Kati. Look out for the road sign ‘Lata Perahu’ on your left and turn in to the narrow tar road. Follow the kampong road, you’ll pass thru a small Malay Kampong with some houses around. Soon you’ll reach an unpaved road in front of you. Continue drive up the unpaved slope, it looks like 4x4 track. Maybe you’ll think twice to drive up the ‘a bit rutted’ slope with normal saloon car. Same feeling here, but my little Satria survived to reach the car park. I fell relief when I saw there’s Proton Saga and other saloon car here.

There’s a big pool with crystal clear water. Can scramble up to the top of the falls. I found there’s some logging activity around here. Just hope it won’t spoil the falls and the nice environment here.

the narrow kampung road

the main falls with a big pool

kids swimming heaven

4x4 track in front of the falls... where's it go to?

Done! 368 - OngCC

Return to “Holiday & Travel”