Malacca - Nyonya Kebaya

Share your trip photos, tracklogs, experience & tips. Ask the locals info about your planned destination.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
cyberian

Malacca - Nyonya Kebaya

Postby cyberian » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:37 am

Hi,

Planning a trip to Malacca, anyone can recommend shop which sells Nyonya Kebaya? With GPS coordinate would be good as I'm not familiar with Malacca.

Thanks in advance.
My GPS - Garmin 255W, Holux 6210+, Garmin 2565LM

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: Malacca - Nyonya Kebaya

Postby silverbeauty » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:41 am

cyberian wrote:Hi,

Planning a trip to Malacca, anyone can recommend shop which sells Nyonya Kebaya? With GPS coordinate would be good as I'm not familiar with Malacca.

Thanks in advance.

Got this from another forum :
Most of the Straits born Chinese or "Peranakans" stay along Jonker Street which is adjacent to Jonker Walk.
Maybe you can hop in for a drink at Baba House Boutique Hotel cafe or Peranakan Restaurant along Jonker Street to find whereabout to take the Baba and Nyonya wedding photos.
Peranakan wedding gowns are quite delicate.
Photo studios around Melaka Raya town centre can also be a qood try.
As for the baju kebaya they were mostly hand sewn by tailors and you can find a few along Kee Ann Road(the Chinatown area).
Otherwise if you were to drive pass the Ayer Keroh Toll Booth and just after the Melaka Zoo near the traffic light junction to your right is the Fashion City @MITC (beside Mydin Hypermarket).
Most of the baju kebayas nowadays come from Indonesia.
UNQUOTE

cyberian

Re: Malacca - Nyonya Kebaya

Postby cyberian » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:47 am

Thanks for the info
My GPS - Garmin 255W, Holux 6210+, Garmin 2565LM

Return to “Holiday & Travel”