MFM-Papago Routing Feedback

Feedback for MFM-Papago map/software

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
NOTE: This forum should be used strictly for feedback of MFM-Papago map only. Issues with other software or devices will be re-directed.
williamreg

MFM-Papago Routing Feedback

Postby williamreg » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:56 am

I always like to compare the routing to google maps. Most of the routing just like google, but for some routes it take the exit early and going down local streets with endless amounts of traffic lights and turns, the best way would have been to take the next exit from highway and go straight down one or two streets to the final destination.

What's the basic algorithm for Papago to calculate the best route from one address to another? Google map always provide most straight/direct route with lesser turns

I will provide the examples later, I hope that our feedback can further optimise the routing. [-o<
Holux GPSmile 53CLife -> Garmin 255W -> Papago Z880

Sebastian_san

Re: Papago Routing Feedback

Postby Sebastian_san » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:50 pm

I'm also getting this problem. It keeps asking me to turn earlier then expected which obviously I can go straight further abit and arrive at the destination.
Papago R5800

williamreg

Postby williamreg » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:19 pm

Attached is my first sample route from Causeway Checkpoint Singapore to Sun Plaza Shopping Centre

Although Papago Map 240609 route you to destination by the shortest route but Google Map provide most straight/direct route.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

antyong (retired)
Site Admin (retired)

Postby antyong (retired) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:19 am

williamreg wrote:Attached is my first sample route from Causeway Checkpoint Singapore to Sun Plaza Shopping Centre

Although Papago Map 240609 route you to destination by the shortest route but Google Map provide most straight/direct route.

Thanks for the feedback. Didn't read this in time to make adjustments. Will adjust the routing parameter in the July release.

barney

Postby barney » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:39 am

It seems like the routing always tried to avoid E2 (Exit at Sungei Besi), instead it always choose either ELITE highway or LEKAS highway. See below for example.
The routing is Jalan Ts 1/2 (Nilai) => Jalan P/8 (Bangi)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

antyong (retired)
Site Admin (retired)

Postby antyong (retired) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:05 pm

barney wrote:It seems like the routing always tried to avoid E2 (Exit at Sungei Besi), instead it always choose either ELITE highway or LEKAS highway. See below for example.
The routing is Jalan Ts 1/2 (Nilai) => Jalan P/8 (Bangi)

Thanks for the feedback. Will fix in the next version.

duke17
Champion Polygon Mapper
Champion Polygon Mapper

Postby duke17 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:51 pm

This map version has serious routing problems. :thumbsdown:
From JB top Eunos (SG)
The desired routing should be from CIQ JB, exit via Causeway then into BKE/PIE, exit the BKE into PIE and finally take the Eunos Exit.

The mfm Papago map for this instance, directed me to take the Woodlands Exit instead of going straight into the BKE/PIE. (ignored). Then it directed me to exit into SLE (ignored) Continued on BKE/PIE until it directed me to exit at the Mandai exit,(ignored) then it allowed me to use the BKE/PIE for some time and exit into PIE. again directed me to exit at the Upper Thomson Road exit (ignored). Continued on the PIE until the Paya Lebar Exit,. Again it directed me to exit here. (ignored). Continued on the PIE until the Eunos Exit where it directed me correctly until I reach my destination. :ko: :ko: :ko:

During this journey, I had also run the latest mfm v.1.64 integrated with the WM and EM topo. on my Nokia 5800 GMXT as reference for comparison. This version performed extremely well throughout the jorney with no lag at all giving the desired routing to the destination :thumbsup:
Garmin Montana 650; Nuvi 2575RLM; BMW Navigator V; Nuvi 205; Garmin Edge 1000; mfm

williamreg

Postby williamreg » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:29 pm

Kindly note that some of the early batch Papago device eg. Z880 has a severe routing problem and need to get the vendor to fix the firmware. :-k

I used Woodland Checkpoint and Eunos MRT to simulate the route, the recomended route showed on the Papago Map 090630 was correct. =D>

BKE -> PIE -> Exit 9 Jalan Eunos/ Eunos Link

barney

Postby barney » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:32 pm

duke17 wrote:This map version has serious routing problems. :thumbsdown:
From JB top Eunos (SG)
The desired routing should be from CIQ JB, exit via Causeway then into BKE/PIE, exit the BKE into PIE and finally take the Eunos Exit.

The mfm Papago map for this instance, directed me to take the Woodlands Exit instead of going straight into the BKE/PIE. (ignored). Then it directed me to exit into SLE (ignored) Continued on BKE/PIE until it directed me to exit at the Mandai exit,(ignored) then it allowed me to use the BKE/PIE for some time and exit into PIE. again directed me to exit at the Upper Thomson Road exit (ignored). Continued on the PIE until the Paya Lebar Exit,. Again it directed me to exit here. (ignored). Continued on the PIE until the Eunos Exit where it directed me correctly until I reach my destination. :ko: :ko: :ko:

It looks ok (by simulation) on my Holux Smile62 with Papago X2 (Map: MFM090630). What hardware and map version are you using ?

duke17
Champion Polygon Mapper
Champion Polygon Mapper

Postby duke17 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:36 pm

barney wrote:
duke17 wrote:This map version has serious routing problems. :thumbsdown:
From JB top Eunos (SG)

It looks ok (by simulation) on my Holux Smile62 with Papago X2 (Map: MFM090630). What hardware and map version are you using ?

Have you had your unit fixed?
This is actually my second unit. The first had LCD problems. EG had graciously gave me a new one for exchange.
Garmin Montana 650; Nuvi 2575RLM; BMW Navigator V; Nuvi 205; Garmin Edge 1000; mfm

Return to “MFM-Papago map/software feedback”