Papago - M3gps Consultant - V1

Feedback for MFM-Papago map/software

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
NOTE: This forum should be used strictly for feedback of MFM-Papago map only. Issues with other software or devices will be re-directed.
jusbella
Contributor

Re: Papago - M3gps Consultant

Postby jusbella » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:34 pm

jaycelou wrote:Hi
I have a OEM device preloaded with Papago! X5SE on Windows CE.
I can't search keyword after update map (MFM-PPG-111004S.exe).
It only allow me to input one letter, what could be the problem? Hope for professional advice.
Thanks.

WinCE is Custom map, not Standard map! U download wrong map already!

jaycelou

Postby jaycelou » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:33 pm

jusbella wrote:
jaycelou wrote:Hi
I have a OEM device preloaded with Papago! X5SE on Windows CE.
I can't search keyword after update map (MFM-PPG-111004S.exe).
It only allow me to input one letter, what could be the problem? Hope for professional advice.
Thanks.

WinCE is Custom map, not Standard map! U download wrong map already!

Thanks. I've got it. =D>

ink2m

Postby ink2m » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:35 pm

Does anyone know where to find a Sri lankan map for Papago??

stanxx

Postby stanxx » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:22 pm

aceninja wrote:I'm not buying a product that needs me to root my phone in order for it to work.
Unless M9 has a sticker on the box saying "works best with rooted phone!" or "works best with the following custom roms!".

aceninja, you misunderstand something, please note:

1) M9 mostly only have problem on Samsung phones (perhaps Samsung phone not so well programmed when originally come out from factory).

2) M9 may not be working in ALL types of custom rom.

For my opinion sharing, since most problems were happened only on Samsung phones, it's best for Papago seller to declare to public about this beforehand.

stanxx

Postby stanxx » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:09 am

sHawTY wrote:I'm not using S2. I'm using Note.
Why do I have to root in order to make M9 works perfectly?
It's Papago / M3Asia's job to make a software that doesn't crash when using stock firmware.

PS: FYI, I've already rooted and using Custom ROM on my Note. Tried several ROMs, still FC when multiple rerouting happens.

If I'm Samsung, i will blame Papago: "why Papogo cannot work on my phone, why didn't test on all phone models?"
If I'm Papago, then i will blame Samsung: "why all other brands no problem but your Samsung phones got problem?"

The funny thing is, why nobody blame on Samsung phones :lol: ??

One thing i agree with you, how come the Papago can crash even when using in a phone with stock firmware?
(to those don't understand "stock firmware", it's original/default firmware that never been modified/customized.)

The main purpose of giving you advice is, since there's alternative way, why i need to wait for Papago new version?

The very fact is, we have PROVED that Samsung stock rom is not good enough to handle more advance apps/games.

For sharing my experience, at first I tried RebelROM custom rom on my SGS2, same as you, still FC happening, not even slightly better at all, then i changed to Resurrection Remix custom rom, wow, really unbelieveable, never FC ever since, i feel crazily happy..!!

Previously before i buy M9, i ever downloaded some games to play, I can tell you, FC is often happening..

For your case, i can't help because i don't have Samsung Note to test, so try your luck for other custom rom.

sHawTY
Contributor

Postby sHawTY » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:07 am

stanxx wrote:it's best for Papago seller to declare to public about this beforehand.
I've been telling this to m3support lots of times.
They ignored it.

When I asked for a refund, they ignored it.
They dared to release M9 into retail channels because they've only tested M9 on Samsung phones in simulations, they didn't test it in the real world.

Yes, Samsung firmwares maybe suck, but it's still Papago's fault for not testing M9 through real world driving. If they did, none of this would've happened and they wouldn't dare to release M9 as a stable software and selling it for a buck load of money and poor support.

It doesn't matter if Samsung's firmware sucks, its still Papago & M3Asia's responsibility to test their software thoroughly before releasing it into the public.

The only thing they can say is "sorry".
Raya Aidilftri is nearby, and once again M3support has gone silence. Why? 2 possibility:
1. They still can't find a fix for the recalculating issue. Kept promising this and that, still nothing.
2. They are just plain greedy, that's why they never bothered to post in their sales advertisement that M9 is unstable on all Samsung phones.

If you're going to tell me that everyone has to change into custom ROM just to get a software running stable, what about those people who doesn't even know the meaning of "ROOTING"?
What do you say to that?

sHawTY
Contributor

Postby sHawTY » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:11 am

For The Record:
Papago latest softwares has lots of problems nowadays, just look at how many people is having problem with their X8.5 & X9 on their PND. And that's just 2 software.

My point:
Papago has lost their ways. The old X5 is much more stable.

Whose to blame? You be the judge.

RenzSaSuke

Postby RenzSaSuke » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:27 am

er...sorry..im using wayway q4301...where can i dowload the latest map?..im blur which 1 to dowload.. :cry:

lee82gx

Postby lee82gx » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:12 am

even X5 also force close for most samsung phones. Maction has not been doing their homework well.

I've just decided to vote with my wallet. Got myself a proper garmin and ended this stupid saga of waiting 1yr for x8, another year for a fix just for it to cycle back to x9

m3support

Postby m3support » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:40 am

sHawTY wrote:m3support, please give us an ETA on the rerouting fix.

Hi sHawTY,

We have received few fixes. But problem still persist on Samsung old mobile phones.

Whereas, we have few customers walk-in with new Samsung Galaxy S III no issue at all.

We are still liaising with Maction on the re-routing issue for Samsung mobiles.
M3 Asia Sdn Bhd,

Menara Lien Hoe,
Lot 17.1, 17th Floor,
Persiaran Tropicana,
47410, PJ, Selangor.

Office Tel : +603 7886 2423

Operation Hours:
Monday-Friday : 9am-6pm
Saturday, Sunday & Public Holidays : Closed

Return to “MFM-Papago map/software feedback”