GG at Johor Bahru, The last GG for Year 2009

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

SOSweet

Re: GG at Johor Bahru, The last GG for Year 2009

Postby SOSweet » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:18 pm

cruiser wrote:The Causeway still straight or not??? :mrgreen:

Of course straight lah, cos the crooked bridge boleh :thumbsdown: project had been abandoned.
Last edited by SOSweet on Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HEALTHY LIVING :
Eat Less - Salt & Sugar
Do More - Exercise & Good Deeds

fauzee
Polygon Mapper

Postby fauzee » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:16 pm

Date : 19th December 2009
Venue : Thamara Cafe at Taman Bukit Indah, Skudai - Johor. (N1°28.781' E103°39.839')
Time : 11:00AM

01) Robo
02) OngCC
03) Pauchai
04) Simseair
05) Rob (Confirmed by the boss of Thamara Cafe)
06) aikliang
07) ccpling
08) gpssin
09) Cruiser
10) Barnes
11) duke17 (XL) ~ wah bross...XL kah.. :D
12) Singawon
13) SilverBeauty
14) Redstorm
15) Colalite
16) Fauzee (L)
17)
18)
19)
20)
21)
22)
~Lost Is Nothing~
...PLEASE INSTALL THE LATEST MAPS BEFORE DOIN' SOMETHIN'...

cruiser
Location: NL - Nuvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T, 650, 4980 & TTom GO 910 + 950 Live, GO 6000

Postby cruiser » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:23 pm

simseair wrote:Wow ... good response .... lai, lai , lai, mali, mali

:rolleyes: I think it is mari, mari to be correct....

I am looking at driving off to Melacca thereafter for the Saturday night & dine again.... somewhere (any recommendations??? :wink: ), & overnight @ hotel B4 returning back across the "straight" Causeway the following day... 8-)
Image ~ Cruiser ~

duke17
Champion Polygon Mapper
Champion Polygon Mapper

Postby duke17 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:33 pm

:thumbsup: BIG BOSS not coming? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Garmin Montana 650; Nuvi 2575RLM; BMW Navigator V; Nuvi 205; Garmin Edge 1000; mfm

fauzee
Polygon Mapper

Postby fauzee » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:47 pm

duke17 wrote::thumbsup: BIG BOSS not coming? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Who? i guess is anthony..she should come leh..hope robo invite our boss to this GG..from perak,melaka,and final GG this years..Johor Bahru.. :thumbsup:
~Lost Is Nothing~
...PLEASE INSTALL THE LATEST MAPS BEFORE DOIN' SOMETHIN'...

cruiser
Location: NL - Nuvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T, 650, 4980 & TTom GO 910 + 950 Live, GO 6000

Postby cruiser » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:36 pm

fauzee wrote:
duke17 wrote::thumbsup: BIG BOSS not coming? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Who? i guess is anthony..she should come leh..hope robo invite our boss to this GG..from perak,melaka,and final GG this years..Johor Bahru.. :thumbsup:

I believe, should you guys convince and lobby the others into joining for this splendid occasion and pursue a record attendance like 50-plus or so...
Antyong will be enticed to attend too. If you can pull your minds and brainstorm as well in organizing a worthy program for the day... that would be an extra bonus or incentive for more signing up... what is especially interesting about J.B.? :rolleyes: :thumbsup:
Image ~ Cruiser ~

robo
Senior Mapper

Postby robo » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:36 am

cruiser wrote:I believe, should you guys convince and lobby the others into joining for this splendid occasion and pursue a record attendance like 50-plus or so...
Antyong will be enticed to attend too. If you can pull your minds and brainstorm as well in organizing a worthy program for the day... that would be an extra bonus or incentive for more signing up... what is especially interesting about J.B.? :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

You are right cruiser.
Honestly, I'm not good in organizing program, I wish other members can help on this part. Any??

I will talk to the Chef of the Cafe to serve a 'Special' dish Only for that day! Which is not available from the Menu...maybe name it the MFM Dishes! Haha! :mrgreen:

As for Johor Bahru...there's not many attracting places around (I admit) :oops: beside the Jusco Tebrau City and Danga Bay. But there are Many Good foods around! Especially seafood. :) For those who come from other state, you can put a night at JB or S'pore then cross the border to see the Beautiful Christmas Lighting at Orchard Road Singapore. (It's up already? any SG friend can confirm?)
Beside that...bro cruiser, any idea?
Please submit your Tracklogs & POI here : http://malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=11636

alyem
Regional Mapper

Postby alyem » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:47 am

cruiser wrote:I believe, should you guys convince and lobby the others into joining for this splendid occasion and pursue a record attendance like 50-plus or so...

I am also not good in Organising or a Team Player or a Team Leader. But someone have to do it.

Dun spoilt it let's move on and do the Best that We Can and have "FUN"
:peace: :peace:
73, 9w2yyl
You need the MAP, We need your TRACK

cruiser

Postby cruiser » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:59 am

I am NOT there la unfortunately, maybe when I relocate someday back to Asia.... in anycase my message is somewhat & slowly getting across the spectrum.... some of you are getting to realize and thinking too... This goes as far back as when I first discovered by accident, the forum on MSM... am still logged in with them..heheh.

However, one doesn't need to be resourceful in this, just be creative, sharp, open to that sharing mindset and above all... outspoken for wanting to see physical progress and is deeply convinced, to have this on a wider success, the Media will soon need to be involved, invited and project the efforts taking place to secure a homegrown service product that is sitting and waiting for recognition... with no turning back... and it needs more than just postings, mappings on and with the forum here.

It needs a family setting that involves all walks of life with a family outing setup... that is where its waiting for manifestation and from this level of approach... you can achieve by starting small, companies related to the GPS industry to get on board with sponsorship... which can in turn, develop greater heights with more involved, more room for a broader outside weekend activity and this... is what the Press loves to cover and by this, BIG players want to be seen as involved and supporting too and gladly for their part.

All you need is at least 4-months PR work by 2 or three of you guys and the next event will see a remarkable attention given with exciting programs and workshops held... by then too, not to worry about funds la... it will be sponsored gladly by potential "brand names" that will acknowledge MFM...YOU ALL, being the key players when they start approving it with a quarterly cheque, yes, it becomes a quarterly event where the whole family can participate too... a positive development ... but for now, I know it will still fall on deaf ears la... for there is no real will or active perception on the advantages that can be reaped from it....

At least this is a good start... time is still needed here I guess... :-k for gathering around the table, dining and yelling "YAM SENG" is all fine and well but its still too low profile and few involved as oppose to the growth already registered with MFM... a very huge imbalance 2B honest.

Please wear your mfm T-Shirt when ever you go Shopping.. :mrgreen:

Image Or if you see someone wearing mfm T-Shirt.. please give him/her a Big HUG. Image
Image ~ Cruiser ~

Redstorm
Contributor

Postby Redstorm » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:55 am

robo wrote:
you can put a night at JB or S'pore then cross the border to see the Beautiful Christmas Lighting at Orchard Road Singapore. (It's up already? any SG friend can confirm?)
Beside that...bro cruiser, any idea?

Bro Robo, the Christmas light-up along Orchard Road has been on since early Nov, if I remember correctly, in time for the recently concluded APEC conference.
Free beer tomorrow!ImageImage

Return to “Past Gatherings”