k5011
Polygon Mapper

Re: Ipoh Mid Year GG 5th July 2009

Postby k5011 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:39 am

OOooooo....... we hope like this :peace: :peace: :peace: :thumbsup: \:D/
Image Image Image

ronchan
Polygon Mapper
Location: IPOH mali (Ruvo Avox UMPC + 探险家Columbus V-700 + GMPC / nRoute, HTC touch dual + GMXT)

Postby ronchan » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:18 am

antyong wrote:Nowadays, Ipoh GG more participants than KL GG :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hopefully Taiko will join Ipoh GG one day. =D> \:D/
House Number Project - begin from your house.

ronchan
Polygon Mapper
Location: IPOH mali (Ruvo Avox UMPC + 探险家Columbus V-700 + GMPC / nRoute, HTC touch dual + GMXT)

Postby ronchan » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:26 am

uncle wong wrote:WALAO EHH !! Come on penang ppl , lets make GG more bigger than ipoh :mrgreen: ....we have alot of GPS kaki here in butterworth , penang island & alor setar also , BTW ....Bro k5011 almost everyday come to my office & talk GPS :mrgreen:

:rox:

uncle, with so many kaki, close one eye beat Ipoh liao! :mrgreen: Don't forget you have butterworth , penang island & alor setar hor! :tease:

gloomis10
Valued Contributor

Postby gloomis10 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:59 am

ronchan wrote:
antyong wrote:Nowadays, Ipoh GG more participants than KL GG :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yup...Hope this day coming very soon .................. :prayer: :prayer: :prayer:

antyong (retired)
Site Admin (retired)

Postby antyong (retired) » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:22 pm

gloomis10 wrote:
ronchan wrote:

Yup...Hope this day coming very soon .................. :prayer: :prayer: :prayer:

Will be happy to join you guys :D

I am ipoh-mali also. When we started mapping, Ipoh and Perak used to be most inactive. Now so happy to see the map so detail and Ipoh have so many active members :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Keep up the good work, bros =D>

ronchan
Polygon Mapper

Postby ronchan » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:55 am

Wah! really don't know you'r from Ipoh. :thumbsup: Guys, Taiko has given good news for all of us here and we are looking forward the day to come.

Ya! recall back the early mapping in Ipoh and Parak, I think is year 2006, beside Antyong and dynamic(OngCC), there is another guy declan who had contribute a lot. (Don't know where is he now?) :-?
These are the pioneer who do the google mapping. I follow the forum at that time and only come into action untill I get my GPS receiver on year 2007.
To fill in the gap, I start collecting road names and doing tracking, but I ask myself the map is so empty how to finish? That remind me a story "how to eat elephant?" So eat bit by bit, garden to garden. Track on new garden, collect road name at old garden. Until a time I almost give up, when some one say at the MSM forum, some profiteer charging our map while installing for the customer. :fire: I feel very frustrated. :frus: I track with my nazaria from day one, I don't know how much petrol I have used and not counting others maintanance. Ppl out there easily masuk pocket. What do you think? If you will I. After a short break, heart itch again, what to do? Life must go on mah! :peace:
Eventually I submitted not less than thousand of road names and tracks cover South to Malim Nawar and north to Chemor. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Because I am so lonely at the time, I try to spot some protential tracker, by seing how frequent their posting. I reach out to them by pm, of couse not very one reponded. ](*,)
Come this guy gloomis10, :champ: the 1st person I meet in MSM those day. Then come his group... :thumbsup: then trekker1 and his group... :thumbsup: then wwloon and his group... :thumbsup:
Today I'm proudly to says Ipoh if not cover 100%, at lease is 95%. :peace: Is good news to user but is bad news to tracker! :cry:
Tracker now's a day need to go out town or waiting for the under contraction housing estate to be track.

Thanks to all members who has contribute, be it Ipoh mali or other state mali. :tq:

This is one of the satisfied piece of work

antyong (retired)
Site Admin (retired)

Postby antyong (retired) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:46 am

Long story...but happy story :D Keep up the good work =D>

bisaro

Postby bisaro » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:35 am

No la is Nostalgic story.. read already tears also come to my eyes leh... so poor thing alone out there in the ipoh wilderness.. :peace: hahaha!

GOOD JOB BRO! You are the man! :prayer:
mfm - Many Friendly Maniacs.

johnTan
Valued Contributor

Postby johnTan » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:42 am

Year 1996, I graduated from Linton Institute of Technology, Ipoh
Although from my hometown to Ipoh, just only 1 hour.
after working in singapore, Long time never travel to Ipoh.
I still can found Ipoh Grove where I rent a house when I was studied

but I can't found the POI of Linton college from mfm v1.64,
Where is it now ?

trekker1
Valued Contributor

Postby trekker1 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:55 am

ronchan wrote:Ya! recall back the early mapping in Ipoh and Parak, I think is year 2006, beside Antyong and dynamic(OngCC), there is another guy declan who had contribute a lot. (Don't know where is he now?) :-?
These are the pioneer who do the google mapping. I follow the forum at that time and only come into action untill I get my GPS receiver on year 2007.

Thanks to all members who has contribute, be it Ipoh mali or other state mali. :tq:

:) That is why you have to be the Taiko of MFM Perak :thumbsup: Thanks for giving us all the advice about GPS Tracking and being the coordinator among members of MFM in Perak, otherwise we won't be having such a turn up for our recent midyear GG, and look forward to the next one.... :prayer: :peace:

:rox:

Return to “Past Gatherings”