Sg MFM GG @ Botak Jones @Toa Payoh on 19-April (11am)

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

FrancisTLim
Valued Contributor

Re: Sg MFM GG @ Botak Jones @Toa Payoh on 19-April (11am)

Postby FrancisTLim » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:13 pm

JJ007 wrote:thanks for support :champ: may be next time I will be at Penang/ Ipoh. Usually this is my year end tour ... :thumbsup:

Sure. Penang has quite a big group. But just like Singapore in the last one year plus, there are very few GGs. I believe Singapore used to have many GGs 2 or 3 years ago. Usually in Cluny Rd & Kallang McDonalds, right? Long before ever heard of Botak Jones.

Not sure about the size of Ipoh group though.
Regards,
FrancisTLim.

sehsuan

Postby sehsuan » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:21 pm

Wah! So that was you Francis! I ought to kowtow to you for coming all the way..... hope the OL (Old Lady, not Office Lady :tease: ) didn't make you lose your appetite!

Nicholas, with your offer, the next round we will really have broadband internet access! Wahaha....

Eh, but wait. How come only like... less than 5 laptops on Sunday ah (after including my own)? :-$

SOSweet

Postby SOSweet » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:37 pm

FrancisTLim wrote:*snap*.. I believe Singapore used to have many GGs 2 or 3 years ago. Usually in Cluny Rd & Kallang McDonalds, right? Long before ever heard of Botak Jones.

Got meh ? :-k
HEALTHY LIVING :
Eat Less - Salt & Sugar
Do More - Exercise & Good Deeds

singawon
Valued Contributor

Postby singawon » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:50 pm

SOSweet wrote:
FrancisTLim wrote:*snap*.. I believe Singapore used to have many GGs 2 or 3 years ago. Usually in Cluny Rd & Kallang McDonalds, right? Long before ever heard of Botak Jones.

Unless we have some super rich kaki in the past we are not aware of.....people staying in that area are somehow extraordinary.... :mrgreen:

Maybe we can consider, the Botanic garden, for the next GG, it has a aircondition canteen in the basement, and for sure and very sure....they served beer and got free wifi..... :thumbsup: :mrgreen:
诸恶莫作 众善奉行 自净其意 是诸佛教

JJ007
Valued Contributor

Postby JJ007 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:58 pm

FrancisTLim wrote:Sure. Penang has quite a big group. But just like Singapore in the last one year plus, there are very few GGs. I believe Singapore used to have many GGs 2 or 3 years ago. Usually in Cluny Rd & Kallang McDonalds, right? Long before ever heard of Botak Jones.

Not sure about the size of Ipoh group though.

in fact I'm just a 'slightly older' newbie lah. last year started to be more active in joining GG. Ya, understood that they used to be holding GG at Kallang McDonalds.
Device : Edge 800, Nuvi 1460 SG/My, Oregon 300
EPL : Man United Rocks !

FrancisTLim
Valued Contributor

Postby FrancisTLim » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:05 pm

singawon wrote:
SOSweet wrote:

Unless we have some super rich kaki in the past we are not aware of.....people staying in that area are somehow extraordinary.... :mrgreen:

Maybe we can consider, the Botanic garden, for the next GG, it has a aircondition canteen in the basement, and for sure and very sure....they served beer and got free wifi..... :thumbsup: :mrgreen:

Ahhh... Sorry. I always mix up Cluny Rd & Evans Rd. Actually it is the same road, but one end is called Cluny Rd and the other end is called Evans Rd. The GG was actually at Evans Rd. I just searched the forum. The GG at Evans Rd was on 16-Feb-2007.

Regards,
FrancisTLim.

Return to “Past Gatherings”