Route from Negri to North region

Moderators: 9W2CBL, Moderators, Regional Mappers

reactix

Route from Negri to North region

Postby reactix » Thu May 14, 2009 12:36 am

Bro Fancheng,

Just a little suggestion from me for the route chosen by the garmin in mfm map from negri (around Serting area) to North and vice versa is not practical (refer to reasons below).

1st. The route that mfm map taken is via Kg Kongkoi area (Hulu Langat - Kg Genting Peras - Kg Kongkoi - Kg Simpang Gelami - Simpang Pertang - Serting) no matter choose faster or shorter route.
2nd. Eventhough a little bit better from last map (using Batu Caves - Gombak - on Highway to Genting exit to Karak - Simpang Pertang - Serting), but I still think it is not the best route.
3rd. Comparing with Google Map, the route for shorter distance same as the mfm map, congrats.
4th. Comparing with Google Map, the route for faster arrival is the same for mfm as at 3rd, but Google Map using all possible highway instead (from NSE exit to ELITE and enter back NSE and exit to Seremban to Kuala Pilah to Serting) which I think is more realistic and practical one. Better route also if you are using NSE - Duta Exit - follow Seremban signboard (right 3x) :lol: until meet NSE somewhere before Sg Besi (only from North to Seremban and not the other way). It save a lot of mileage also compare to using ELITE highway, but prepare for traffic jam at peak times :fire: ](*,)

As far as i know, using road in 1st is very slow, many bends (especially from Semenyih reservoir area to Kg Kongkoi), small roads, bumpy etc, so I think it is not possible to get "faster time" using this road. Better use the highway.

Appreciate if you can change this one so we can have more practical route. Maybe can put somewhere at the route a minor road or speed limit or something. I dont know the mechanics of calculation in Garmin, but if possible please avoid this short but lengthy (in time) route :peace:

Just my simple thought :thumbsup:

:rox:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fancheng
Senior Mapper

Re: Route from Negri to North region

Postby fancheng » Thu May 14, 2009 11:04 am

reactix wrote:Bro Fancheng,

Just a little suggestion from me for the route chosen by the garmin in mfm map from negri (around Serting area) to North and vice versa is not practical (refer to reasons below).

1st. The route that mfm map taken is via Kg Kongkoi area (Hulu Langat - Kg Genting Peras - Kg Kongkoi - Kg Simpang Gelami - Simpang Pertang - Serting) no matter choose faster or shorter route.
2nd. Eventhough a little bit better from last map (using Batu Caves - Gombak - on Highway to Genting exit to Karak - Simpang Pertang - Serting), but I still think it is not the best route.
3rd. Comparing with Google Map, the route for shorter distance same as the mfm map, congrats.
4th. Comparing with Google Map, the route for faster arrival is the same for mfm as at 3rd, but Google Map using all possible highway instead (from NSE exit to ELITE and enter back NSE and exit to Seremban to Kuala Pilah to Serting) which I think is more realistic and practical one. Better route also if you are using NSE - Duta Exit - follow Seremban signboard (right 3x) :lol: until meet NSE somewhere before Sg Besi (only from North to Seremban and not the other way). It save a lot of mileage also compare to using ELITE highway, but prepare for traffic jam at peak times :fire: ](*,)

As far as i know, using road in 1st is very slow, many bends (especially from Semenyih reservoir area to Kg Kongkoi), small roads, bumpy etc, so I think it is not possible to get "faster time" using this road. Better use the highway.

Appreciate if you can change this one so we can have more practical route. Maybe can put somewhere at the route a minor road or speed limit or something. I dont know the mechanics of calculation in Garmin, but if possible please avoid this short but lengthy (in time) route :peace:

Just my simple thought :thumbsup:

:rox:

:good: :tq: I have downgrade routing speed at "many bends" road. Try it on next ver.

Return to “N.Sembilan Archives”