HTC TyTN2 keeps shutting down

Discussions on cameras, handphones, torchlights and your other hobbies

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. Remain on topic. Discussions on gadgets only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
sobamy
Polygon Mapper

HTC TyTN2 keeps shutting down

Postby sobamy » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:23 pm

Can anyone please help to solve my HTC TyTN2's blues. TyTn2 works fine when it is plugged into a home charger or a car charger. But upon unplugging the charger, and, with the battery's icon showing that the NEWLY purchased battery is fully charged, TyTN2 just shut down within a couple of minutes useage. This problem is perpetual. I can't use TyTN2 without having to use the charger(s)

Specification:
TyTN2 is running on Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional
CE OS 5.2.19212 (Build 19212 1.0.3)
Processor is MSM7200-400MHz
ROM version 3.29.707.0 WWE
ROM date 05/07/08
Radio version is 1.65.16.25
Protocol version is 25.83.40.02H
CPU QUALCOMM(R) 7200
RAM size; 128MB
Model No: Kaiser

I have been thinking that it could be due to:
- contact problem
_ motherboard
_ firmware

My reasoning is that if it is the mother board or contact problems, then how can it work so perfectly well when connected to the car charger or the home charger?

The present NEWLY bought battery is in accordance with HTC's specs - 1.3 Amps. Do you think that by changing to a higher amperage battery in the capacity of 2.8 Amps would help in solving the "black out" problem? I have also done a hard re-set on the device but the problem still persists. I have also unchecked the "Shut down device or the Backlight if not used... minutes" boxes.

:frus: :ko: ](*,)

Thanks in advance.

~~~~~ Problems solved ~~~~~
~~ freely receive ~ freely give ~~

Return to “Other Gadgets & Hobbies”