gardening: mosquito repel plant

Discussions on cameras, handphones, torchlights and your other hobbies

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. Remain on topic. Discussions on gadgets only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
eng7575

gardening: mosquito repel plant

Postby eng7575 » Fri May 14, 2010 6:22 pm

anyone good with gardening? have plant any mosquito repel plant before? is that effective?
i found someone suggest

Catnip
Citronella

chinwy
Regional Mapper

Re: gardening: mosquito repel plant

Postby chinwy » Fri May 14, 2010 7:33 pm

If you are refering to the same plant, tried that 20 years ago! NO it does not work. You will brobably need to plant a forest for it to work. The fad died as fast as it appeared - then, and it was expensive too. You are better off using a cocktail of lemon grass or citronella and spearmint EO with water or alcohol as carrier.

mickamix1

Postby mickamix1 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:42 pm

it only works close proximity like 4 to 5 feet... anything more it doens't help.... but not cheap too!

yoladu
Valued Contributor

Postby yoladu » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:11 pm

chinwy wrote:If you are refering to the same plant, tried that 20 years ago! NO it does not work. You will brobably need to plant a forest for it to work. The fad died as fast as it appeared - then, and it was expensive too. You are better off using a cocktail of lemon grass or citronella and spearmint EO with water or alcohol as carrier.

my family will buy the citronella scented candle when we have a bbq outdoor. when my kids were babies we used this very effective mosquito repellent cream called mustela, it is also from a plant extract but i have not seen this plant before.

some people believe pandan leaves will deter creepy crawlies, and they put them in cars, kitchen cabinets..etc
Contribute exclusively to MFM. MSM don't get it !

Return to “Other Gadgets & Hobbies”