HD Media Player

Discussions on cameras, handphones, torchlights and your other hobbies

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. Remain on topic. Discussions on gadgets only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
alyem
Regional Mapper

HD Media Player

Postby alyem » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:11 am

I am sure most IT guys are up to HD Media Player now.
What Media Player can you guys recommend for newbies like me?

Best HD Media Player for the budget of RM600. :$gone: :$gone:
73, 9w2yyl
You need the MAP, We need your TRACK

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: HD Media Player

Postby silverbeauty » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:57 am

Bro alyem, many types of media players in town, dominated by China ones. Cheap and good. I got one non HD version AT sIN$50, plays all types of formats. Hook up to my Plasma via HDMI cable. Use external HD, SD card. Picture shows one full HD. Cost about Sin$200 at SLS.

Check one of my post here viewtopic.php?p=91107#p91107

Check this link for last year PC show and look through the brochures on media player. Give you an idea what's available vs features vs price. :thumbsup:

http://www.bootstrike.com/itfairsg/pcshow2009/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tlchuan
Polygon Mapper
Location: Subang Jaya (x10 & Oregon 300)Garmin 255w sgmy, 2575RLM, Wayway 5035

Postby tlchuan » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:21 pm

i use these one it Call RM668 make in china, i brought at SLS last year about 150sg without hard disk.

more info check here http://www.szshining.com/ArticleShow.asp?ArticleID=3

stimix

Postby stimix » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:55 pm

Well, I'm still digesting wth all the Media player terminologies :oops:
Mine is AV Ryan Playon!HD, got it for RM580 exc HDD. However, I was told u can get RM550 at LYP.

Here's my understanding. There are currently two big players in the market i.e Realtek platform which is used by Xstreamer, AC Ryan, DVico, HiMedia, Mede8ter. And the Sigma platform used by WDTV

The differeces betwenn these two platforms are:

- Sigma Can't play rmvb format but certain players can play HD Audio
- Realtek can play almost every format except on those BD ISO..no HD audio sound..

There are smaller & cheaper options by those China made players too...but quality??

Here are few discussion from LYN regarding

1) Differences between Sigma Vs Realtek:
http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1265083

2) List of realtek players:

http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1189397
ImageImage
ImageImage

chew85
Location: PJ, Selangor (nüvi® 205, nüvi® 1350, PAPAGO! X5 iPhone)

Postby chew85 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:36 pm

I recomended EAGET X6 come with 3 YEARS WARRRANTY! So any problem can go warranty.
There is local distributor at PANDAN INDAH, anything can send there to FIX.

HD player | 影豹X6(1080P高清王) | PRICE: RM399 each Introductory Price
* HD playback: full-resolution HD decoder 720P, 1080I, 1080P (1920X1080), support the bit rate of up to 104Mbps
* Surround Sound: Authorization support for DTS, Dolby Dolby Digital surround, easy to enjoy high quality sound effects
* Teacher to create: the world's top designer to create cordial, highlight the fashion simple, classic design and elegant style
* Home Theater: Yingbao X6 and family high-definition flat-panel TVs, stereo amplifier, speakers and other high-end appliances, perfect for integration of
* Network functions: support for NAS local area network function, WIFI wireless networking features and BT download function
* Plug-in play: the first to support plug-in CD, DVD, RBD, MINIBD such as CD-ROM player, and can be used as a mobile hard disk
* Directory Navigation: Support DVD, Blu-ray film source playlists recognition to increase the DVD navigation function
Online Play: Support PPS online play, YouTube, excellent cool-peer network playback
* Storage King: support built-in 2.5/3.5 inch hard disks and NTFS, FAT32, EXT2, EXT3, etc. Systems Format
* The original disc Blu-ray: the perfect support for the original BD Blu-ray discs and BD-ISO file format, smooth playback.
* Built-in subtitles: Embedded PGS subtitles, support for multi-segment TS, M2TS files play, seamless play and break added broadcast features
* HD decoder: Supports H.264., MPEG1, 2 / 4, DIVX, XVID, VC1 decoding and other HD formats
* HDMI Interface: HDMI 1.3 interface, high-definition technology and audio and video synchronization output, quality and stability without interference
* Support for other formats mkv/ts/m2ts/mts/tp/wmv/Ifo/iso/vob/dat/avi/mpg/mp4/mov/divx/xvid/RM/RMVB/flv
* HDMI 1.3 supports 720P, 1080P output, Component Y / PB / PR support for 720P video output, increasing output HDMI Automatic Identification
* Audio Decoding: Support MPEG-1, MPEG-2 (LayerI / II), AAC, HE-AAC, dolby digital (AC-3) and other functions
* Music Format: MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, AAC, LPCM, FLAC, AC3
* Photo format: JPG, JPEG, BMP, PNG, GIF
* Subtitle Support: sub, smi, ssa, srt, idx + sub, support for external subtitles play at any time at any time to adjust
* Internet format: RM / RMVB compression formats such as the network can support high-definition picture quality to the smooth 720P
* External Storage: Support 2.5 \ 3.5-inch mobile hard disk external storage HOST playback, and SD \ MMC \ MS \ functions such as card reader
* Access product range: Supports coaxial optical digital audio output, analog stereo audio signal output
• Hardware Decode: 100% hardware decoding, using CPU + DSP architecture decoding, highlight superior performance
* Strong heat resistance: an independent fan embedded with the three-dimensional convection loop design, super-cooling, to ensure the stability of long-term use
* The authority of assurance: the first by the U.S. FCC, European CE technology, ISO9001 International Quality Certification
* Brand Honors: awarded IT168, Zhongguancun and other authoritative media, "Technical Innovation Award", "Product of the Year Award" and other honorary titles
* Quality Assurance: Adoption of the "China's National Laboratory Certification", "China Quality Inspection Association," Certification & Inspection

alyem
Regional Mapper

Postby alyem » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:48 pm

Anyone heard of Hornettek? dunno what model..

At Ikano selling at RM499 on promotion..
73, 9w2yyl

chew85
Location: PJ, Selangor (nüvi® 205, nüvi® 1350, PAPAGO! X5 iPhone)

Postby chew85 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:05 pm

alyem wrote:Anyone heard of Hornettek? dunno what model..

At Ikano selling at RM499 on promotion..

nvr heard be4, but expensive. I had done some research, i think the best is EAGET X6, which come with 3years warranty and just RM399.

sharkteef
Valued Contributor

Postby sharkteef » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:34 pm

use pc unker alyem ! pc can play all

alyem
Regional Mapper

Postby alyem » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:44 pm

sharkteef wrote:use pc unker alyem ! pc can play all

No la.. PC more than 1K oledi..

Then buy new PC for Mapping.. :$gone: :$gone: ](*,) ](*,)
73, 9w2yyl

stimix

Postby stimix » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:48 pm

Ask unker Sunny. His the most canggih media player liao :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Other Gadgets & Hobbies”