Blackberry STORM

Discussions on cameras, handphones, torchlights and your other hobbies

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. Remain on topic. Discussions on gadgets only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
mrms

Re: WTS: Blackberry Storm

Postby mrms » Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:24 am

DONT BUY A BLACKBERRY STORM !!! it is a very very bad phone. My friend went to London and bought a STORM for me and it cost RM (Ringgit Malaysia) 1,200 only and it has so much problems. SOme of the problems are as follows :

1. When you charge the blackberry overnite, the next morning when you wake up, the screen just hung !! and you need to take out the battery and reload and re start the unit - and you need to do it every time when you charge the STORM

2. During bad times when calls, sms and other things come at the same time, the STORM hangs again !! Aiyoo..

You may want to ask how many times you need to take out the battery and restrart the STORM !!?? WEll, you need to charge at least once a day, so that is 1 time a day, and you would need several applications coming at the same time and that would be about 1-3 times a day, so in average you need to restart and take out the battery about 3-4 times a day at the MINIMUM !! Vely vely complicated woooorr............. I REGRET buying this stupid STORM !! From London some more.

I used to have the Blackberry BOLD and that is a bit statble, but of course you still need to restart but NOT as often as the STORM. My IT guys helped me with the STORM by downloading new software update to the STORM and I dont need to restart the STORM for 1 week straight !!! but when the second week comes, it starts all over again !!

Now, !! I have the NOKIA N series and the STORM !! I think I need to buy I Phone instead lah !!!

GOOD LUCK

alyem
Regional Mapper

Postby alyem » Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:46 am

mrms wrote:DONT BUY A BLACKBERRY STORM !!! it is a very very bad phone. My friend went to London and bought a STORM for me and it cost RM (Ringgit Malaysia) 1,200 only and it has so much problems. SOme of the problems are as follows :

1. When you charge the blackberry overnite, the next morning when you wake up, the screen just hung !! and you need to take out the battery and reload and re start the unit - and you need to do it every time when you charge the STORM

2. During bad times when calls, sms and other things come at the same time, the STORM hangs again !! Aiyoo..

You may want to ask how many times you need to take out the battery and restrart the STORM !!?? WEll, you need to charge at least once a day, so that is 1 time a day, and you would need several applications coming at the same time and that would be about 1-3 times a day, so in average you need to restart and take out the battery about 3-4 times a day at the MINIMUM !! Vely vely complicated woooorr............. I REGRET buying this stupid STORM !! From London some more.

I used to have the Blackberry BOLD and that is a bit statble, but of course you still need to restart but NOT as often as the STORM. My IT guys helped me with the STORM by downloading new software update to the STORM and I dont need to restart the STORM for 1 week straight !!! but when the second week comes, it starts all over again !!

Now, !! I have the NOKIA N series and the STORM !! I think I need to buy I Phone instead lah !!!

GOOD LUCK

Forum rules no1, > be nice...
Don't be rude to your phone... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:

Nvm la free phone ma... :mrgreen:

Sorry guys.. forum rule no 2. OT

Pass back the forum to bro Jerry..

He WTS, you dont spoil the market la..
73, 9w2yyl
You need the MAP, We need your TRACK

mrms

Postby mrms » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:55 pm

After I was RUDE to my own phone (THE STORM), I went to Maxis centre and book a white IPHONE 3GS few hours ago. The problem with this IPhone is that they cannot do the 3G video conferencing and low pixel camera. Emm... sometimes it is very nice to buy a china made phone lah... - everything included.....BBUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.......... hold on to your horses guys, having an iPhone is bringing your small laptop everywhere in your pocket. Swift and very BUSINES friendly. IPhone is NOT for leisure and for KIDS apparently. It is more of a BUSINESS PHONE. So mother father kids adik abang kakak out there that is looking for a "PLAY PHONE ", JUST forget the iPhone, but for business people that is ALWAYS on the GO and always wants a "hook up" (internet I mean...hehhee), but an iPhone !!! Nokia ?eeemmm.. I am also a veteran Nokia user....yalah... it fits your basic needs lah NOKIA phone... I am rude to my NoKIA phone again...... So this is the response for those who wants a comparison between a BLACKBERRY, NOKIA and iPhone.... Happy selecting !!

P/S PLEASE PLEASE BOOK YOUR IPhone at MAXIS CENTRE only anywhere you are !! DONT go to the branch and what not. Say 1 month to deliver, but instead 4 months. Maxis centre like in KLCC, Pavillion and Berjaya Times Sq ONLY !! Other Maxis shop just forget it !!! CONSUMERS RIGHTS !! Jangan TErtipu

robo
Senior Mapper

Postby robo » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:30 am

mrms wrote:After I was RUDE to my own phone (THE STORM), I went to Maxis centre and book a white IPHONE 3GS few hours ago. The problem with this IPhone is that they cannot do the 3G video conferencing and low pixel camera. Emm... sometimes it is very nice to buy a china made phone lah... - everything included.....BBUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.......... hold on to your horses guys, having an iPhone is bringing your small laptop everywhere in your pocket. Swift and very BUSINES friendly. IPhone is NOT for leisure and for KIDS apparently. It is more of a BUSINESS PHONE. So mother father kids adik abang kakak out there that is looking for a "PLAY PHONE ", JUST forget the iPhone, but for business people that is ALWAYS on the GO and always wants a "hook up" (internet I mean...hehhee), but an iPhone !!! Nokia ?eeemmm.. I am also a veteran Nokia user....yalah... it fits your basic needs lah NOKIA phone... I am rude to my NoKIA phone again...... So this is the response for those who wants a comparison between a BLACKBERRY, NOKIA and iPhone.... Happy selecting !!

P/S PLEASE PLEASE BOOK YOUR IPhone at MAXIS CENTRE only anywhere you are !! DONT go to the branch and what not. Say 1 month to deliver, but instead 4 months. Maxis centre like in KLCC, Pavillion and Berjaya Times Sq ONLY !! Other Maxis shop just forget it !!! CONSUMERS RIGHTS !! Jangan TErtipu

Please respect the seller of this thread.
We are appreciate your comments of your phone, but please choose the proper thread. By hijacking the thread for your own stories is 'rude'.
Thanks.
Please submit your Tracklogs & POI here : http://malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=11636

mrms

Postby mrms » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:45 am

Hahaha... Now MAXIS gives blue form pulak for 1000 shares. So I brought my Nokia Phone with Maxis contract and got the blur form RM5,200 a lot. Onlly for those who has good payment record for the past 4 years. For those who has good track record for 4 years with an average monthy usage of RM1000 would get a GREEN FORM which entitles them to a CONFIRMED share allocation for them !!! What a nice life !! I am still having problem with my STORM and feeling like throwing the phone out in Sungai Gombak !!. If anyone wants my new expensive spanking new STORM, please wait the the SUNGAI GOMBAK when I throw it away. I am excited to study deeply my new white iPhone and would give some technical review to you all about the 3GS iPhone.

Happy reading

msports
Polygon Mapper
Location: Kajang, Pantai Hillpark, KL, Bangi, Putrajaya, Kota Tinggi

Postby msports » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:00 pm

mrms wrote:After I was RUDE to my own phone (THE STORM), I went to Maxis centre and book a white IPHONE 3GS few hours ago. The problem with this IPhone is that they cannot do the 3G video conferencing and low pixel camera. Emm... sometimes it is very nice to buy a china made phone lah... - everything included.....BBUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.......... hold on to your horses guys, having an iPhone is bringing your small laptop everywhere in your pocket. Swift and very BUSINES friendly. IPhone is NOT for leisure and for KIDS apparently. It is more of a BUSINESS PHONE. So mother father kids adik abang kakak out there that is looking for a "PLAY PHONE ", JUST forget the iPhone, but for business people that is ALWAYS on the GO and always wants a "hook up" (internet I mean...hehhee), but an iPhone !!! Nokia ?eeemmm.. I am also a veteran Nokia user....yalah... it fits your basic needs lah NOKIA phone... I am rude to my NoKIA phone again...... So this is the response for those who wants a comparison between a BLACKBERRY, NOKIA and iPhone.... Happy selecting !!

Hi Bro!

I just thnkng of buying BB Storm2 9550. Actually, what model is yours? Is that bad? Anybody got any STORM from svc provider? how is the condition? because some people said we will get into some prob if we buy the set not from the telco operator...?
msports/// : nuvi710, nuvi255W, GMXT on 5800 & N97, PAPAGO X7 (R6600), latest on Nuvi3790 & always on mfm

cyanyde

Postby cyanyde » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:22 pm

what happened? for sale thread became mobile phone and telco complaint centre pulak...

msports
Polygon Mapper
Location: Kajang, Pantai Hillpark, KL, Bangi, Putrajaya, Kota Tinggi

Postby msports » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:15 am

cyanyde wrote:what happened? for sale thread became mobile phone and telco complaint centre pulak...

Sorry bro if it is offending you... or posting at the worng threat.... thought mfm members are very much friendly, willing to helping each other and share experiances... Administrator, please remove this topic if it is not suitable here...!
Some people start complaining!
Last edited by msports on Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Blackberry STORM

Postby silverbeauty » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:51 am

Moved some of the non sale related contents from "Garage" threadhere

Return to “Other Gadgets & Hobbies”