GPS'ers must carry flashlight(s)

Discussions on cameras, handphones, torchlights and your other hobbies

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. Remain on topic. Discussions on gadgets only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
cruiser
Location: NL - Nuvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T, 650, 4980 & TTom GO 910 + 950 Live, GO 6000

Re: GPS'ers must carry flashlight(s)

Postby cruiser » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:19 pm

simseair wrote:Hi, Any way to purchase it locally in Singapore?

chaicka wrote:LED Lenser, limited models available. I had to parallel import it in the last round.
I may be getting more of LED Lenser flashlights soon (in Aug).

What's the model you are looking at?

I thought I spotted a Spore sale source when browsing the Net but realized soon after, it was exported from the USA to Singapore. It is offering a good deal if P&P is all included but it isn't unfortunately. It would cost us almost 395 euros after P7P plus import tax yet again... by us i.e.

R U stocking & marketing the various smaller models (LED Lensers) incl. the X21 for Spore Chaicka? That would be great!!

However, we have two sources which I made contact and one of the two deceives its price and has a limited payment mode above all and I don't trust it when its not transparent enough... These days, one should consider mainly with delivery, warranty and full satisfaction through transparency with goods that can be returned or withdrawn that is backed by "no Good, Money back" service... to obtain these criteria for value... I do business with any serious online Seller that is a verified PayPal account holder. :thumbsup: No Less!!!

And I found the other selling less.... :mrgreen: and through online too which is excellent for our standard i.e. :-'

Just to share with you all... it cost under 250 Euros nett, incl. Tax (@19% VAT), P&P, and courier delivered with sign receipt as proof of delivery. While most average around 299 to 375 euros excluding the above mentioned extra costs that are added on top of the gross price.
Last edited by cruiser on Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image ~ Cruiser ~

chaicka
Polygon Mapper

Postby chaicka » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:22 am

cruiser wrote:
simseair wrote:Hi, Any way to purchase it locally in Singapore?

chaicka wrote:LED Lenser, limited models available. I had to parallel import it in the last round.

I thought I spotted a Spore sale source when browsing the Net but realized soon after, it was exported from the USA to Singapore. It is offering a good deal if P&P is all included but it isn't unfortunately. It would cost us almost 395 euros after P7P plus import tax yet again... by us i.e.

R U stocking & marketing the various smaller models (LED Lensers) incl. the X21 for Spore Chaicka? That would be great!!

Well, unfortunately, no. I am not in biz, just an end user who parallel import frequently.

cruiser wrote:However, we have two sources which I made contact and one of the two deceives its price and has a limited payment mode above all and I don't trust it when its not transparent enough... These days, one should consider mainly with delivery, warranty and full satisfaction through transparency with goods that can be returned or withdrawn that is backed by "no Good, Money back" service... to obtain these criteria for value... I do business with any serious online Seller that is a verified PayPal account holder. :thumbsup: No Less!!!

And I found the other selling less.... :mrgreen: and through online too which is excellent for our standard i.e. :-'

Just to share with you all... it cost under 250 Euros nett, incl. Tax (@19% VAT), P&P, and courier delivered with sign receipt as proof of delivery. While most average around 299 to 325 euros excluding the above mentioned extra costs that are added on top of the gross price.

I am getting from http://www.lightsandknives.com/ which I have grow to trust since it's the referred retailer from LED Lenser itself. It's USD299.95 for the X21. However, need to use services like VPost since they only ship within US.

cruiser
Location: NL - Nuvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T, 650, 4980 & TTom GO 910 + 950 Live, GO 6000

Postby cruiser » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:50 pm

chaicka wrote: I am getting from http://www.lightsandknives.com/ which I have grow to trust since it's the referred retailer from LED Lenser itself. It's USD299.95 for the X21. However, need to use services like VPost since they only ship within US.

Indeed, yr USA source has a reputation & I would rely on them too if I have no other choice for their prices are relatively competitive if not better in many other products too.
I have mine as well called Kato (aka knives&tools) and i wanted to give them the service when I asked them to include it but their earlier research on LED Lenser smaller models concluded their negative find of its mediocre performance when compared to Fenix anyway, they were surprised to hear of the X21 when I informed them.

I'm neither in the biz, just like you too and prefer sources that are reliable and live up to their services with a credible biz-base. :)

Mine was ordered and should arrive pretty soon... :thumbsup:
Last edited by cruiser on Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image ~ Cruiser ~

chinwy
Regional Mapper

Postby chinwy » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:57 pm

The local shop here is Treck & Travel - unfortunately no website... I was impressed by the product quality and finish compared to the others WRT to headlamps. Its extremely low profile was as plus but I dont think it will be good for caving due - too nice for bashing around.

Low wt is my primary concern. Will have to give the x21 a miss but would be nice for wish list.

chaicka
Polygon Mapper

Postby chaicka » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:15 pm

chinwy wrote:The local shop here is Treck & Travel - unfortunately no website... I was impressed by the product quality and finish compared to the others WRT to headlamps. Its extremely low profile was as plus but I dont think it will be good for caving due - too nice for bashing around.

Low wt is my primary concern. Will have to give the x21 a miss but would be nice for wish list.

You mean the shop in NZ?

chaicka
Polygon Mapper

Postby chaicka » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:19 pm

cruiser wrote:
chaicka wrote: I am getting from http://www.lightsandknives.com/ which I have grow to trust since it's the referred retailer from LED Lenser itself. It's USD299.95 for the X21. However, need to use services like VPost since they only ship within US.

Indeed, yr USA source has a reputation & I would rely on them too if I have no other choice for their prices are relatively competitive if not better in many other products too.
I have mine as well called Kato (aka knives&tools) and i wanted to give them the service when I asked them to include it but their earlier research on LED Lenser smaller models concluded their negative find of its mediocre performance when compared to Fenix anyway, they were surprised to hear of the X21 when I informed them.

I'm neither in the biz, just like you too and prefer sources that are reliable and live up to their services with a credible biz-base. :)

Mine was ordered and should arrive pretty soon... :thumbsup:

Maybe if we cross path next time, we can group buy together to save freight cost.

I am surprised that your Kato review concluded with negative findings. I had compared a Fenix similar sized and power (my bro's) to my 7736TS on a 12-storey HDB flat facing MSCP (5 or 6 storey). Fenix's brightness can't shine the car on the roof-top of MSCP while 7736TS outshine the Fenix hands-down.

My bro who's in wafer industry told me the LED probably the same grade or power but the projection leds/focus optics of LED Lenser much better thus outshine Fenix.

Oh...if factor in marketability, then Fenix wins coz of price-performance ratio.
Last edited by chaicka on Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cruiser

Postby cruiser » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:20 pm

chaicka wrote:You mean the shop in NZ?

Yes, its by him in mid NZ in Hamilton. :mrgreen:

chinwy wrote:Low wt is my primary concern. Will have to give the x21 a miss but would be nice for wish list.

I'll be having it with me on the coming trip. So, you'll get the feel of it... when we hit yr town...... :thumbsup: btw, You got PM.
Image ~ Cruiser ~

cruiser

Postby cruiser » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:28 pm

chaicka wrote:
Maybe if we cross path next time, we can group buy together to save freight cost.

Oh...if factor in marketability, then Fenix wins coz of price-performance ratio.

Thats right and I assume that is their fundamental feedback relating to economics and it goes well with the Dutch market... you know la... Go Dutch practice is typical lor.... heheh :$gone: :mrgreen:

They might review & reverse their perception perhaps, when they decide to scrutinize the X21.... oh well, I ordered mine already. \:D/

Great suggestion there... on the group purchase, worth considering too. \:D/
Image ~ Cruiser ~

simseair
Valued Contributor

Postby simseair » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:40 pm

chaicka wrote:
simseair wrote:Hi,

Any way to purchase it locally in Singapore?

LED Lenser, limited models available. I had to parallel import it in the last round.

Hi Bro Chaicka,

I am tempted by the P7.

chaicka
Polygon Mapper

Postby chaicka » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:09 am

simseair wrote:
chaicka wrote:
simseair wrote:Hi,

Any way to purchase it locally in Singapore?

LED Lenser, limited models available. I had to parallel import it in the last round.

Hi Bro Chaicka,

I am tempted by the P7.

I will keep you in mind when ordering in Aug (should be some time in 3rd week or 4th week of Aug).

Return to “Other Gadgets & Hobbies”