GPS and EDCs... Hand in hand & Why YOURS?

Discussions on cameras, handphones, torchlights and your other hobbies

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. Remain on topic. Discussions on gadgets only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
cruiser
Location: NL - Nuvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T, 650, 4980 & TTom GO 910 + 950 Live, GO 6000

GPS and EDCs... Hand in hand & Why YOURS?

Postby cruiser » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:48 am

Hi everyone, :thumbsup:

I'm aware and so have most of you about GPS ownership and still discovering its uses but what about that sneaky flashlight you also have tucked in your pocket, shirt or toolkit you go about in yr everyday life? Tell us... let us know what makes you the kind of person that also carries one... your special EDC?

More to that, I'm equally curious as to your choice of EDC's and your actual uses of the EDC(s) on your 9 to 5 jobs, the shift routine that you undergo or the services that you offer that just can't do without one...? :-$

Do you really need a light for your job? Please fill out this mini questionnaire:

1) What are your EDC's (flashlights)?
2) What is your occupation or job title?
3) What purpose(s) serve best by your EDC(s) in your job?

I'll begin for my part although its nothing flashy however... let me start nonetheless... :thumbsup:

1) What are your EDC's?
Fenix T1 with pocket clip, Aurora AK P7, Fenix TK40 and most recently, the X21 from LED Lenser|

Retiree

Actually, I don't need any but found it handy walking with my dog during night strolls. However and occasionally, it also copmes in handy in helping others with their work requiring more light when theirs are simply not bright enough.

I sincerely hope as many of you would participate in this thread. If you don't wish to, for whatever secretive, covert or special reasons you cannot disclose, thats fine... stay cool and let others share theirs without any silly criticism from you...
So, bring them out and throw some light on yourself and your shining samples!!! :tease:

Image ~ Cruiser ~

yoladu
Valued Contributor

Re: GPS and EDCs... Hand in hand & Why YOURS?

Postby yoladu » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:24 pm

What does EDC stand for ?

Here is my bad ass light, the baddest light money can buy at this moment.

75w HID, 6 million candlepower. Motorized focus. Beam distance : more than 2km.

Contribute exclusively to MFM. MSM don't get it !

tlchuan
Polygon Mapper
Location: Subang Jaya (x10 & Oregon 300)Garmin 255w sgmy, 2575RLM, Wayway 5035

Postby tlchuan » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:51 pm

wow how much you buy =P~

singawon
Valued Contributor

Postby singawon » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:15 pm

:shock: poweerful touch you had.... :thumbsup:
诸恶莫作 众善奉行 自净其意 是诸佛教

cruiser
Location: NL - Nuvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T, 650, 4980 & TTom GO 910 + 950 Live, GO 6000

Postby cruiser » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:09 pm

yoladu wrote:What does EDC stand for ?

Here is my bad ass light, the baddest light money can buy at this moment.

75w HID, 6 million candlepower. Motorized focus. Beam distance : more than 2km.

Yo, yo YOHHH... brudder Yoda. :ko:

Nice piece of bloody beamer you have there but it would be better if you responded(post) to the 3 simple questions... please #-o :evil: You even fail to mention the brand of yr flame thrower...haiyaaahhhh... ](*,)

EDC = Every Day Carry... so now you know, I hope you are not shy to share those 3 humble infos, thanx.

Same goes with brudders TlChuan & Sing la.... [-X :tease:
Image ~ Cruiser ~

yoladu
Valued Contributor

Postby yoladu » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:53 am

1) What are your EDC's?
That's the Maxabeam by Peak Beam Systems.

I think you would have already guessed it.

I think you would also have guessed it.
Contribute exclusively to MFM. MSM don't get it !

cruiser

Postby cruiser » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:05 am

yoladu wrote:1) What are your EDC's?
That's the Maxabeam by Peak Beam Systems.

I think you would have already guessed it.

I think you would also have guessed it.

TQ for yr disclosure (if any) but unfortunately... EDCs are flashlights that you carry on you, tucked away discretely albeit in yr shirt or trouser pockets or even within yr backpack...

Yr Maxabeam is not, I'm sure of it due to its bulky size for a start.... :mrgreen: #-o and besides, its a far professional purpose that you equip yrself/work from it IMO.... but we also don't want to guess what you do, its for you to disclose voluntarily la... not just hinting to me, that again you miss the point. :tease:

A Maxabeam is indeed a powerful beamer which an everyday use for public & private application is used for specific reason without the sense of intrusion on ppl's right to privacy unless authorized and permitted, so, its doesn't fall within random uses like EDC's are allowed to. :wink:
Image ~ Cruiser ~

miju

Postby miju » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:53 pm

Do you really need a light for your job? Please fill out this mini questionnaire:

1) What are your EDC's?
Nu-Flare Ultrabright Compact 77R92L Luxeon Rebel 90, plus an old Maglite 3-cell D

Employed... hmmm still (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=137&p=58342#p58342)

Nothing in particular, but simply love gadgets and new thingy that may comes handy like this

cruiser

Postby cruiser » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:16 pm

:tq: brudder Miju, I see the remote Viper for the vehicle, does it also force/lift open the rear boot door/tailgate? U're a gizmo guy too heh? :mrgreen: Those are indeed EDcs in their true meaning...

I think I'll lay down soon & snap my actual EDCs that I arm myself daily... which fall under questionnaire #1. Its quite a load 2B honest... :shock: :lol:
Image ~ Cruiser ~

miju

Postby miju » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:35 pm

cruiser wrote::tq: brudder Miju, I see the remote Viper for the vehicle, does it also force/lift open the rear boot door/tailgate?

:tq: shud go to you la bro, learnt many new things from you here indeed. Yup, the viper can remote open rear boot/tailgate (for sedan), power sliding doors (for Estima and such), start the engine... from 1 miles (1.6 Km) away (line of sight) :D

Return to “Other Gadgets & Hobbies”