PCC Ipoh Century Ride training ride, 145km

Discussions on cameras, handphones, torchlights and your other hobbies

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. Remain on topic. Discussions on gadgets only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
turbosnail
Valued Contributor

PCC Ipoh Century Ride training ride, 145km

Postby turbosnail » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:32 am

I joined PCC road ride when I went down to KL for an exhibition. I attended the exhibition on Saturday and the ride on Sunday. Total distance according to my GPS: 144.85km. Time: 5hours 48 minutes. Moving average speed: 25.3kmh
Route: Centre Point - Guthrie - Ijok - Sungai Tengi - Batu Arang - Ijok - Tropicana - Centre Point

Vincent Lim, my riding buddy picked me at Damansara Mutiara at 6.30am. The ride started at 7.30am. We decided to give us some time to have our breakfast. When we arrived the meeting place at Centre Point, Bandar Utama, there were already riders having their breakfast at the mamak store.

View of riders getting ready for the ride before the ride started. It was drizzling. Some of the riders decided not to continue.

First regroup point at Petronas Ijok. Some riders turned back after the first regroup point since they opted for the 80km ride. After discussing Vincent, I decided to follow the 145km group.

We reached the next regroup point at Sungai Tenggi at around 10.30am, which is 30km from the last regroup point. Pictures here are the lady riders that followed us. Do not be fooled by their sweet, innocent smile. They are really fast!

Seeing here group of riders discussing about their ride. The ride with white Merida Multivan team jersey is my friend, Vincent Lim.

We turned back after a short break at Sungai Tengi. The group decided to detour to Batu Arang since there were not much stuff to eat at SUngai Tengi. I was told that the return route would be flat. Man, it was the most difficult one hour I have done in this ride! So many hills to climb! My legs became jello when I reached Batu Arang!

Another stop at Elimma R&R, 15km before the ride ended. I was already dying due to strong head wind and scotching sun!

I finally finsihed the ride at around 1pm. Seeing are the riders who arrived first at Centre Point.

My ride, a basic 16 speed Trek 1000 SL with stock components.

Tracklog:
KL ride.gpx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

robo
Senior Mapper

Re: PCC Ipoh Century Ride training ride, 145km

Postby robo » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:57 pm

Wow! 147KM and almost 8 hours ride! You are great!
For me, I might 'Pon-chet' at half of it! :mrgreen:

Anyway, long time no see, how's life? :)
Please submit your Tracklogs & POI here : http://malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=11636

turbosnail
Valued Contributor

Postby turbosnail » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:14 am

robo wrote:Wow! 147KM and almost 8 hours ride! You are great!
For me, I might 'Pon-chet' at half of it! :mrgreen:

Anyway, long time no see, how's life? :)

I am good. I am good. :mrgreen:

Currently planning for my second business adventure. Hope to get off soon!

robo
Senior Mapper

Postby robo » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:48 pm

turbosnail wrote:Currently planning for my second business adventure. Hope to get off soon!

That's sound interesting?! :)
Please submit your Tracklogs & POI here : http://malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=11636

turbosnail
Valued Contributor

Postby turbosnail » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:40 pm

Hope so, hope so... :wink:

robo
Senior Mapper

Postby robo » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:16 am

turbosnail wrote:Hope so, hope so... :wink:

Good luck friend! =D> =D>

Return to “Other Gadgets & Hobbies”