DivX Player with USB

Discussions on cameras, handphones, torchlights and your other hobbies

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. Remain on topic. Discussions on gadgets only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
aceedburn

Re: DivX Player with USB

Postby aceedburn » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:52 pm

faizdude wrote:Hello guys,

I have a Philips DVD player which can play DivX format video files. However, it doesn't have a USB port so that I can just stick a thumb / hard drive to watch these files on TV (I have to erase and burn a CD-RW everytime, which takes more time and limit the size of files per burn to 700MB).

Any recommendation for a good DivX-capable player with USB? I checked on Amazon.com, Philips has one, price is around $70. I wonder if I could get a cheaper or better one in Malaysia?

I use the phillips DVD player model 5986K. It has full HD 1080P Upscaling and plays divx movies too, and has a usb slot. I use this to play divx movies which I save onto my thumbdrive and even reads from card readers plugged in. Have been using it for almost 3 years now and picture and sond quality is exceptional on my full HD LCD TV.
nüvi® 205 & mfm - always takes you home!

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:17 pm

Heard pioneer DVD410 is a good player with HDMI Output, Virtual Surround Sound, USB Input and High Definition JPEG Playback. Any comments ?

jans_wkh
Valued Contributor

Postby jans_wkh » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:35 pm

silverbeauty wrote:Heard pioneer DVD410 is a good player with HDMI Output, Virtual Surround Sound, USB Input and High Definition JPEG Playback. Any comments ?

I am having the Pioneer dvd6** series (I forgot the numbers, sorry). Very choosy especially on 'pasar malam' dvd. Startup a bit slower than my old Sony. And I noticed that my player always revert back to the lowest 420p output resolution settings even though I set it at 1080i. Don't know if it's just my player. Other than that, it's a good player.

aceedburn

Postby aceedburn » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:18 pm

jans_wkh wrote:
silverbeauty wrote:Heard pioneer DVD410 is a good player with HDMI Output, Virtual Surround Sound, USB Input and High Definition JPEG Playback. Any comments ?

I am having the Pioneer dvd6** series (I forgot the numbers, sorry). Very choosy especially on 'pasar malam' dvd. Startup a bit slower than my old Sony. And I noticed that my player always revert back to the lowest 420p output resolution settings even though I set it at 1080i. Don't know if it's just my player. Other than that, it's a good player.

used to have that problem with my phillips too. it always defaults back to 1080i when i startup, but after downloading and upgrading the latest firmware for the player which was released about 2 years ago, the problem was resolved and sticks to 1080p each time i startup. try to find out if pioneer has a new firmware for your dvd player.
nüvi® 205 & mfm - always takes you home!

jans_wkh
Valued Contributor

Postby jans_wkh » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:32 am

thanks aceedburn, will check out the pioneer website for firmware updates.

hmmmm, :-k funny thing is I can't seems to find anything in the official pioneer website. Anyone knows where to find official pioneer dvd firmware updates. I know there are some website offering updates but these are not the officially one.

faizdude

Postby faizdude » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:26 pm

I ended up buying these:

http://www.mediagateusa.com/M2TV.html

for $99.99 (free shipping) from mwave.com

This comes with every freaking features & connections you could think of... and 1080p!

and

http://qgizmo.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7&products_id=38&zenid=71824db7540df5b796cc4857bcc26fd8

for $80.94 (with shipping) from Amazon.com

This comes with 720p max and no coaxial / optical audio output & only 1 USB. Doesn't play .mkv, .mov, .wmv (according to the details) but still amazing overall capability. Can get this for RM240 from lowyatt forum carboot sellers.

I will keep only one after testing both.

Return to “Other Gadgets & Hobbies”