Bak2U's PhoneBAK+ GPS (Symbian)

Discussions on cameras, handphones, torchlights and your other hobbies

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. Remain on topic. Discussions on gadgets only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
vash_h

Re: Bak2U's PhoneBAK+ GPS (Symbian)

Postby vash_h » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:35 am

interesting to note, i dropped by 4 phone shops in subang parade, non of them seem to know about the 'lock the phone via a code sms' feature.. my goodness..

if not me being a nerd and read every single page of the phone's manual, i wont even know there is such a feature available.

i would like to correct a statwement i made earlier..

jst had this feature tested out on my s60v5, the nokia 5800.

it is under settings->phone->Phone Management->Security->Phone and Sim Card->Remote Phone Locking.

It does not send sms the moment u change sim card, as what i initially thought it would.. under the wrong impression.

rather, its a feature of which u send an sms with predefined words/numbers to the sms in the phone, and it will lock up the phone, and can only be unlocked via the unlock code (default 12345)

i double up the security by enabling the 'Lock if SIM card is changed' which is pretty useful too.
<-My Blog: HaroldChia.com->
<-MFM MAPS + Garmin Nuvi 50LM + Papago Z1 + Garmin Nuvi 205w + Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 ->

Return to “Other Gadgets & Hobbies”