HD vs HD Ready Plasma TV

Discussions on cameras, handphones, torchlights and your other hobbies

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. Remain on topic. Discussions on gadgets only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
sharkteef
Valued Contributor

Re: HD vs HD Ready Plasma TV

Postby sharkteef » Fri May 01, 2009 4:20 am

LCD tv's are lighter than plasma. i had to carry mine 3 floors up. hence LCD it is.

cruiser
Location: NL - Nuvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T, 650, 4980 & TTom GO 910 + 950 Live, GO 6000

Postby cruiser » Fri May 01, 2009 5:29 am

moeyhc wrote: There's always the next model that will make yours obsolete! Buy what you think is value for money... than forget about what's coming and most important of all.... don't compare. Technology is for us to enjoy not :x ... cheers

:good: brudder and how very wise & true on your advise. Yes, its pointless to see what one can acquire above the Joneses... [-X

Its much better to know one's budget as a threshold to spend and then wisely make a good or worthy spent after being "talked into" by good Sales know-how (but sometimes too, Salesmen do explain/talk BS without a doubt!! :-? ) When we unknowingly walked in and got carried away to the fascination of the flatscreen, we could have walked away with a HUGE Plasma screen but after staying on that floor comparing and hearing the pros and cons and the perspective of what is ideal and practical, we chose the quality we saw in the Crystal 5 Series from Samsung. Now, after a pause in appreciating what flatscreen is capable of and to enhance more viewing pleasure from it, I did abit more DD with the techies at the computer shop and understood that a BluRay burner is a better choice to replace my current DVD ROM in my computer tower which will take a level higher through the flatscreen when connected between the HDMI ports.

This saved me ALOT of Euros as a result for the Creative speakers from a richly sounding 7.1 Surround supporting 7+1 sub woofer speaker costs alot and far more less than a 1500 euros Bose system and the creative is more than enough to blast through the walls of neighbors living 50 meters away... !!! :thumbsup:

Perhaps next to follow is that Resonator brudder Sweet recommends.... \:D/
Image ~ Cruiser ~

SOSweet

Postby SOSweet » Fri May 01, 2009 10:33 am

cruiser wrote:*Snap*....Perhaps next to follow is that Resonator brudder Sweet recommends.... \:D/

Will let you try out the effect on the sound quality with the resonator On/Off B 4 you decided to buy one.
Anyway, even discounted the effect on sound quality, it can also act as an ionizer. Even the resonator manufacturer are not aware of the added benefit of this piece of equipment. My friend (Hifi maniac) discovered it by "accident". :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
HEALTHY LIVING :
Eat Less - Salt & Sugar
Do More - Exercise & Good Deeds

jchoong

Postby jchoong » Fri May 01, 2009 11:25 am

James,

Altho I have no experience with the resonator, IMO, it is a lot of techno hype that will not improve the sound of run-of-the-mill audio systems. High end systems - maybe! But from my experience with audio enhancement gadgets years ago, the "perceived" improvement is usually psychological. Just my 2 cents worth.

I totally concur with Moey's comments on buying now and enjoy instead of waiting for the price to drop.
Nuvi 2575; 40LM; Nexus 4

moeyhc
Valued Contributor
Location: Penang - Nuvi 300, 205W, 2575RLM, M1200, M1000B/C, Papago N1

Postby moeyhc » Fri May 01, 2009 11:59 am

I have gone through sound & vibration dampers, cone feet, CD 'clarifier', ESD cleaning solution, static mats, tubes coolers & etc.... Nothing comes close to a well balance and tuned system. You just need to optimize your components placement with the environment for your system to express itself. So, start experimenting on different position of your speakers and room furniture. One more thing, a good speaker stand is the foundation of good sound. You'll be impress with the results.

Agreed with Bro jchoong that most of these stuff are 'questionable' in their performance.

Uncle Sweet, can you post a picture of the resonator?... thanks... just curious... :mrgreen:
Common Sense Is Not Common.

SOSweet

Postby SOSweet » Fri May 01, 2009 11:14 pm

Bro Moeyhc, here you are :

Acoustic Revive RR-77 Schumann Resonator
Principle and Structure
What is the Schumann Resonance?
The "Schumann Resonance" is a resonance frequency that exists in the Earth's "electromagnetic" cavity; i.e. it exists between terrestrial surface and ionosphere. German physicist W.O.Schumann first detected the resonant properties of this terrestrial cavity in 1954. It may be said that the Schumann Resonance is a breathing phenomenon of the Earth that is lasting from old time. The lowest-frequency and highest-intensity mode of the Schumann Resonance is at a frequency of approximately 7.83Hz.
Human and all animals and plants have been guarded by this frequency of 7.83Hz and lived for long time. But recently, many unnatural radio waves and electromagnetic waves disturb this frequency of 7.83Hz, it have caused wrong influence on our human bodies. Acoustic Revive substantiates that there are many effects when the frequency of 7.83Hz is generated artificially.

By generating the Schumann Resonance, there is an effect that it neutralizes electromagnetic waves generated from audio equipment and external harmful radio waves. So interference of electromagnetic waves and radio waves that exist among equipment disappears, it becomes possible to reproduce the music clearly, the S/N ratio is improved and the distortion is reduced.

By generating the Schumann Resonance, there is an effect that it neutralizes harmful standing waves. It has the feature of improving the viscosity of the air in the listening room. Therefore, you can reproduce excellent music, the sound is improvement is clearly audible, and the depth of the sound image is increased dramatically.

It is established medically that generating the Schumann resonance activates the cellular immunity. And it is said that the Schumann resonance produces good relaxation effects, and the attentiveness is raised greatly. So you can hear the details of the sounds that could not be heard before.

The Acoustic Revive RR-77 ultra-low frequency pulse generator is a stand-alone active device that plugs into a wall outlet but not your HiFi rig

http://www.vhaudio.com/acoustic-revive-rr-77.html

HEALTHY LIVING :
Eat Less - Salt & Sugar
Do More - Exercise & Good Deeds

moeyhc
Valued Contributor
Location: Penang - Nuvi 300, 205W, 2575RLM, M1200, M1000B/C, Papago N1

Postby moeyhc » Fri May 01, 2009 11:54 pm

Thanks Unlce Sweet,

If my memory doesn't fail me, it is another old tale story of low frequency 'carrier wave' theory. This usually affect the 'body' of the sound where the listener feel the sound is fuller and 'carry weight'. This is quite similar to the working of your sub-woofer. This plays well for audio/visual system but can be a bit hard on pure Hifi. As long as it elevate your enjoyment of your equipment, use it. There is no Right or Wrong about these gadgets... use your ears to judge and don't believe what you see or hear from others... Enjoy your shows and music... cheers!
Common Sense Is Not Common.

jchoong

Postby jchoong » Sat May 02, 2009 10:18 am

Moey,

Very well said!
Nuvi 2575; 40LM; Nexus 4

Return to “Other Gadgets & Hobbies”