Amateur Radio

Discussions on cameras, handphones, torchlights and your other hobbies

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. Remain on topic. Discussions on gadgets only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
noizytribe

Re: Amature Radio

Postby noizytribe » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:29 am

fruitplus wrote::good: noizytribe
Seem like most of mfm members have interest in Amateur Radio & some of them already in the line... :thumbsup:

Hi Bro Fruitplus,
I am interested in a lot of great hobby as well. The other hobby is Air Gun & Paint Ball (War Game).
Air Gun is illegal in Malaysia, but I heard some of the Dato or Raja's relative are currently applying for sport's license and it should be able to open to pubic soon.

Actually I own couple of air soft gun (Tokyo Marui). But due to it is illegal where there are no place to play with. I sell it to someone else.
As for Paint Ball Game, I never really try that before but I will try it some day when I come back to Penang.
BR,
NoizyTribe aka Kevin Ng

Garmin NUVI 255W, Taiwan Set
Garmin Mobile XT Symbian S60 on Nokia E71

9w2rev

Postby 9w2rev » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:01 am

Hi if you interested please browse this website http://v66ham.blogspot.com or my blog http://rev-online.blogspot.com

noizytribe

Postby noizytribe » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:32 am

9w2rev wrote:Hi if you interested please browse this website http://v66ham.blogspot.com or my blog http://rev-online.blogspot.com

Hi Bro 9w2rev,
Alright!!!! Thanks!!! :champ:

I have make the decision.... I will attend to the test end of year....
the only things need to do now... is figure out how to get a job in malaysia now!!!
BR,
NoizyTribe aka Kevin Ng

Garmin NUVI 255W, Taiwan Set
Garmin Mobile XT Symbian S60 on Nokia E71

mumucuk

Postby mumucuk » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:15 pm

Being called an amateur can have a negative connotation, but the term's origin is the Latin word for "lover" and it has to do with motivation, not skill level. As they say, professionals built the Titanic; the Ark was built by amateurs. :thumbsup:

Hoo

Re: Amateur Radio

Postby Hoo » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:15 am

Hi all, good to know that there are topic about amateur radio here in malfreemaps.
Btw I am Ho here & my amateur radio callsign is 9W2OOI. I am not a active ham member but do monitor quite often....
Nice to meet you all here!
Cheers.... :thumbsup:
aku CINTA pada mu!

9w2rev

Postby 9w2rev » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:35 pm

Hoo wrote:Hi all, good to know that there are topic about amateur radio here in malfreemaps.
Btw I am Ho here & my amateur radio callsign is 9W2OOI. I am not a active ham member but do monitor quite often....
Nice to meet you all here!
Cheers.... :thumbsup:

contect perdana Mr Hoo .. station operator here Mazlan ... if you in klang valley we can qso at rkk repeater rtb or national links marts rgh repeater...

fruitplus
Polygon Mapper

Postby fruitplus » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:00 pm

bro noizytribe,
when u get back here???
Past + Present = Future

jontan67

Postby jontan67 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:39 pm

Hi all,

Glad to know that there are a lot of people interested in Amateur Radio. The term amateur normally confused people that hams are people who are real amateurs and just starting to learn and those outside of this scope are professionals. Personally I think Hams are more professional as we follow protocols and procedures. Those that are not hams are mostly refered to as commercial radios. Amateur radio is the term used because hams do a lot of experimentals and testings...... R & Ds, emergency services and most importantly not used for business or monetary gains. That does not make us any less professionals. As for the police, bomba and ambulance services...... they are mostly refred to as the 'authorities' and not professionals. However lately..... there are a lot of people selling two way radios claiming to be professionals who do not know the requirements and regulations of such business. Please pass the test get your licenses so that you can be proud to hold the radio and communicate without fear. MCMC will always monitor and occasionally hams helped in capturing there pirates. Taking the RAE is not that difficult and if you need sample questions.... plz PM me.

Apart from talking thru the radios..... hams have other activities...... we have ARDF...... Amateur Radio Direction Finding (Thats how we capture pirates) Plz goto http://www.myardfsport.com/ for more info. We also build our own Tx or Dx. We do community services like providing emergency communication for the Penang Bridge Marathon, Starwalk and many others. We also setup RACES (Radio Amateur Civil Emergency Services) and the St. John's Signal Corps to cater for any disasters.

de 9W2CLT

salam86

Postby salam86 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:40 pm

tlchuan wrote:Thank for the info will be setting the exam on 24/6/2009

did you sit for RAE at USM nibong tebal??if it..see u there..i'm 9W2SDM from Ipoh

shagon

Postby shagon » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:27 pm

wow.. just found this tread.. newbie also here...

de
9w2sgn :tq:
NeWBie Here.. Need A Lot To Learn.. Do Help Me..
http://www.facebook.com/shahazril
Shah aka 9W2SGN
Kuala Kangsar, Perak

Return to “Other Gadgets & Hobbies”