MFM HAMs-ter

Discussions on cameras, handphones, torchlights and your other hobbies

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. Remain on topic. Discussions on gadgets only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
pajero
Polygon Mapper

Re: MFM HAMs-ter

Postby pajero » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:28 am

Hi Hi :mrgreen:

Callsign = 9W2TTS
Handle = Terry
QTH = Subang Jaya
Saltmine = KL Ampang
Member = -nil-
Rig = Icom IC V8000 ,Icom V82
Repeater Location = Bukit Lanjan, Kuala Lumpur (147.980)

73 :thumbsup:

9w2rev

Postby 9w2rev » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:43 pm

aed wrote:9w2aed

handle: eddy
base: kajang prima
rig: yaesu ft 8800, icom v82
antenna: mc 101 diamond, homebrew (base)

salam contact kenal.

kajang semenyih can qso hehehe...maybe set one time we can qso hehe.

tlchuan
Polygon Mapper
Location: Subang Jaya (x10 & Oregon 300)Garmin 255w sgmy, 2575RLM, Wayway 5035

Postby tlchuan » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:34 pm

just take the exam now waiting for the result if everything okay will join the club :mrgreen:

Steven86
Valued Contributor

Re: Calling all MFM HAMs-ter

Postby Steven86 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:20 am

Callsign = 9W2STE
Handle = Steven
QTH = JB,JOHOR
Member = MARTS
Rig = Yaesu FT-60

wiraone
Location: Section U20 Shah Alam (er.. Sg Buloh that it!), iBlue747, Nuvi350

Postby wiraone » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:37 pm

Just wondering .. how on earth some of you guys could be member of MARTS while .. I've sent my membership application ages ago and yet .. I still don't know if I'm a member or not now .. arghh.. ada pilih bulu ka?

jontan67

Postby jontan67 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:07 pm

wiraone wrote:Just wondering .. how on earth some of you guys could be member of MARTS while .. I've sent my membership application ages ago and yet .. I still don't know if I'm a member or not now .. arghh.. ada pilih bulu ka?

Ha!! I am also a member of MARTS but somehow the person taking care of the membership has taken the poison apple and waiting for prince charming's kiss of life!! Any takers??

yoladu
Valued Contributor

Postby yoladu » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:32 am

Just curious, what do you guys with the ham radios ? :-k
Contribute exclusively to MFM. MSM don't get it !

wiraone

Postby wiraone » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:50 pm

We do lot of things .. but mainly .. rag-chewing (or chatting on air) while stuck in traffics jam :) ... some using the radio for convoy only, some for outdoor activities .. and some .. for the fun of experimenting using radio .. getting in touch with someone thousands miles away or across the globe.. depending on your interest really .. I've made contact with few hams from Japan, Australia, China and Hong Kong on air .. using radio.. the fun part is .. to get your signal across and heard by other hams ..

yoladu
Valued Contributor

Postby yoladu » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:24 pm

wiraone wrote:We do lot of things .. but mainly .. rag-chewing (or chatting on air) while stuck in traffics jam :) ... some using the radio for convoy only, some for outdoor activities .. and some .. for the fun of experimenting using radio .. getting in touch with someone thousands miles away or across the globe.. depending on your interest really .. I've made contact with few hams from Japan, Australia, China and Hong Kong on air .. using radio.. the fun part is .. to get your signal across and heard by other hams ..

Ok. But can't you use a phone, mobile or skype ? :-k
Contribute exclusively to MFM. MSM don't get it !

wiraone

Postby wiraone » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:17 pm

yoladu wrote:Ok. But can't you use a phone, mobile or skype ? :-k

Sure, but on phone, mobile or skype .. you surely wouldn't talk to a total stranger :) And surely the excitement when you get in touch with a rare DX station (ham) with all the pileups etc .. when you're at it .. you know it .. hee..hee.. but for normal people .. phone, mobile and skype probably good enough :)

On the serious stuff, hams also provide help during emergency or community services.. example : during natural disaster when all communication fail .. and there is a need for a co-ordination between various agencies which run on different system.. some of us already involved in few emergencies before .. e.g. Highland Tower, Bkt Antarabangsa landslide, Jaya Supermarket, missing heli at Genting etc.. when all other communication modes fail.. radio amateur will prevail with just a simplicity of two way radios which don't require many things to get working .. example on community services, we do sometime provide communication support for events like cancer run few weeks ago .. school cross country events .. and some others..

But hey .. I always opt for the fun for sure ..!!

Return to “Other Gadgets & Hobbies”