GPS & GPS Cables for Nikon

Discussions on cameras, handphones, torchlights and your other hobbies

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. Remain on topic. Discussions on gadgets only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
NoX

GPS & GPS Cables for Nikon

Postby NoX » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:19 am

Hi All.

GPS equip Nikon P6000 or Samsung T1000 is crappy when it comes to image quality, a cheaper approach is Data logger.

I Geotag photos using Geosetter or the software provided with iBlue 747 Logger, this is very inconvenience. So I was searching for a way to connect my iBlue 747 Data logger to my Nikon camera for Geotagging, no luck.

But I stumble upon a Hongky company : http://www.pc-mobile.net/nikongps.htm that make GPS to be use with camera and its less than half the price of a Nikon equivalent.

Another good thing is if you already have (like many members here) hand held GPS, they make cables for it to be hook up with Nikon, so that you can use it for Geotagging.

So for those that have Nikon camera with that GPS port not use, this is a great way to make full use of its capability, especially if you have something like etrex or 60CSx kind of GPS.

I just ordered mine, the complete set for USD 100.00 inclusive shipping, because I don't have a hand held.

Cheers

NoX
I feel sad that Antyong retired - Mapping Community should not be taken advantage off...use http://www.waze.com it's payback time

Return to “Other Gadgets & Hobbies”