Brunei Feedback

Tracklog, POI and error feedback for Sabah, Sarawak & Brunei. Mapper: tympg, alyem, shideen

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. This forum is strictly for feedback to our maps
3. NO posting of data copied from other source especially malsingmaps
4. NO abuse, profanity and insults
5. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
User avatar
tympg
Senior Mapper
Posts: 1586
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:01 am
Location: Penang

Re: Brunei Feedback

Postby tympg » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:48 pm

samcold wrote:for example from Seria to KK is 243KM where actual is suppose to be around 400 km.


243km is the straight-line distance between Seria and KK. This is normal for all POI search result listings. It is not a map error.
Garmin nüvi 2575R; Garmin eTrex Vista HCx; Android 5.0.1 Phone

samcold
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:59 pm

Re: Brunei Feedback

Postby samcold » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:36 pm

tympg wrote:
samcold wrote:for example from Seria to KK is 243KM where actual is suppose to be around 400 km.


243km is the straight-line distance between Seria and KK. This is normal for all POI search result listings. It is not a map error.


Hi Tympg,

Ok that is understood....but hope someone could correct the search for nearest police & fuel station while in Lumut Bypass coordinates N04.63996 E 114.44258 it wll give Miri fuel station as the nearest skipping the real nearest search.

Thanks again for whoever fixed this error.

Cheers
Samcold

User avatar
tympg
Senior Mapper
Posts: 1586
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:01 am
Location: Penang

Re: Brunei Feedback

Postby tympg » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:06 pm

If there are no petrol stations in the map in Brunei it is because nobody has reported those Brunei petrol stations so far.

We depend on folks on the ground to feedback POIs to be added to the map.

Please feedback all the locations of petrol stations, police stations (and other POIs) in Brunei in this thread.

No use telling the mapper to "fix it" because the POI info isn't going to magically appear to the mapper just because you say it's missing.
Garmin nüvi 2575R; Garmin eTrex Vista HCx; Android 5.0.1 Phone

samcold
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:59 pm

Re: Brunei Feedback

Postby samcold » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:40 pm

tympg wrote:If there are no petrol stations in the map in Brunei it is because nobody has reported those Brunei petrol stations so far.

We depend on folks on the ground to feedback POIs to be added to the map.

Please feedback all the locations of petrol stations, police stations (and other POIs) in Brunei in this thread.

No use telling the mapper to "fix it" because the POI info isn't going to magically appear to the mapper just because you say it's missing.



Bro tympg,

I know there is no magic...but you might miss quote my initial question in my previous post..let me recap back here

"Hello everyone....

Need help..I've notice after MFM-Garmin-120430 map version there is error for Brunei map. Once I search for the nearest Police Station or fuel Station while in Seria (Brunei) it will give Miri site as the nearest selection which is far away and it did not show the nearest station..."

When I say "fix it" it was fine in the previous version...meaning it can search the nearby fuel station and police station because the station are clearly there in the map but was omitted during the search on the new map...meaning the new map release could have some error....is it too much to ask for a fix or feedback when I found out error on new release map? I'm asking politely that I notice something not right after the new release...while the older version before that the search was correct. Yes I agree with you it is not going to magically appear if there is no POI....but now the magic is gone on the new release...while the old one is fine...hope someone polite could fix (sorry to use this word again) as I don't have the expertise in this area as I know there's a lot of expertise willing to listen here in this forum.

Regards
Sam

User avatar
tympg
Senior Mapper
Posts: 1586
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:01 am
Location: Penang

Re: Brunei Feedback

Postby tympg » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:06 am

Bro,

Sorry I misunderstood your post, but you could have better put it as

    "In the 120917 map, I am not able to find petrol stations and police stations in the Seria, Brunei area (nearest found in Miri) whereas in previous versions I was able to do so."

Or something like that. Simple and precise.

You had posted the same post in different threads, cross-posting, a breach of internet etiquette. One post is enough. If you think your message didn't get through, you can post a reminder a few days later in the original thread you posted. As the mappers may be preoccupied with other stuff, you may not get a response to your query/feedback for several days, so do not assume you have been totally ignored.

OK, let's look at the map. It looks like the problem is still present in the latest map (121001) and it's not just fuel and police stations, other categories of POI are missing as well. Will pass this on to the relevant mappers.
Garmin nüvi 2575R; Garmin eTrex Vista HCx; Android 5.0.1 Phone

User avatar
alyem
Regional Mapper
Posts: 2139
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:23 pm
Location: K. Lumpur (Nuvi 710, Legend Hcx) and Oregon 300

Re: Brunei Feedback

Postby alyem » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:13 am

samcold wrote:Hi Tympg,

Ok that is understood....but hope someone could correct the search for nearest police & fuel station while in Lumut Bypass coordinates N04.63996 E 114.44258 it wll give Miri fuel station as the nearest skipping the real nearest search.

Thanks again for whoever fixed this error.

Cheers
Samcold



Will check on this, it could be some Coding or Category issue.

When I checked I can find the nearest Shell at 2.55km from the coordinate given.
And police station 2.13 km - Lumut Police Station.

Thanks for the feedback.
73, 9w2yyl
You need the MAP, We need your TRACK

samcold
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:59 pm

Re: Brunei Feedback

Postby samcold » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:44 am

tympg wrote:Bro,

Sorry I misunderstood your post, but you could have better put it as

    "In the 120917 map, I am not able to find petrol stations and police stations in the Seria, Brunei area (nearest found in Miri) whereas in previous versions I was able to do so."

Or something like that. Simple and precise.

You had posted the same post in different threads, cross-posting, a breach of internet etiquette. One post is enough. If you think your message didn't get through, you can post a reminder a few days later in the original thread you posted. As the mappers may be preoccupied with other stuff, you may not get a response to your query/feedback for several days, so do not assume you have been totally ignored.

OK, let's look at the map. It looks like the problem is still present in the latest map (121001) and it's not just fuel and police stations, other categories of POI are missing as well. Will pass this on to the relevant mappers.



Hello Bro,

No problem really appreciate your reply, it's true sometimes when we express esp in writing the others could interpret it differently...anyhows I'm glad to learn from all of you here hehe everyday is learning...let's hope we all go to one direction i.e to improve Malfree maps...I'll do my best to contribute all that I can (depends on individual knowledge+skill) and hope all the sifu's here guide us.

Cheers
Sam

piqapiqa
Valued Contributor
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:52 am
Location: Kuching, Sri Aman, Limbang, Lawas

Re: Brunei Feedback

Postby piqapiqa » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:04 pm

Road name update; Jalan Layong

Filename; piqapiqa 20121217 Layong.gdb

POIs update:

1. Sheraton Utama Hotel at N4 53.665 E114 56.559 rename to Radisson Hotel Brunei
2. Mosque at N4 42.398 E115 04.234
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bdcyl
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:21 am

Re: Brunei Feedback

Postby bdcyl » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:22 pm

where is the link for me to download the latest map of brunei??

kenneth239
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:57 am

Re: Brunei Feedback

Postby kenneth239 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:03 am

are these updates included in the current download link(MFM-PPG-X8.5-X9-130107.rar)? Thanks


Return to “East Malaysia & Brunei Map Feedback”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests