Wrong Turn was given

Moderators: Chuah, Moderators, Regional Mappers

chucks

Wrong Turn was given

Postby chucks » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:42 am

Dear Bro Ong,
I was travelling from Tampines Ave10, intending to turn right into the direction of Tampines Ave 2. At the junction of Tampines Ave 10 and Tampines Ave 1, I was surprises to hear from my Garmin 1460 instructed me to do a left turn instead of right when there is no left turn at all. Please help to check into this. As always, thanks a mil for your hard work.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

OngCC
Senior Mapper

Re: Wrong Turn was given

Postby OngCC » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:35 pm

I was prompted to turn right on nuvi 205 in simulation mode. :-k
Upload your contribution to MFM drop box if you don't want others to take your contributed tracklogs or POIs.
http://www.malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11630

chucks

Postby chucks » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:07 pm

Hi Bro Ong, I manually use my cursor arrow and placed a car at the MOST right lane of Tampines Ave 10 before the junction and set the destination as Tampines Ave 2. The GPS again told me to turn left though there is no left turn. A bit strange.....Anyway, thanks for your help and have a Merry Christmas!!!!!

gpsnerd
Contributor

Postby gpsnerd » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:36 pm

chucks wrote:Dear Bro Ong,
I was travelling from Tampines Ave10, intending to turn right into the direction of Tampines Ave 2. At the junction of Tampines Ave 10 and Tampines Ave 1, I was surprises to hear from my Garmin 1460 instructed me to do a left turn instead of right when there is no left turn at all. Please help to check into this. As always, thanks a mil for your hard work.

with this junction, mine prompted me to turn right.
no wrong directions given
User of 205 / 205W
Currently using 255W and 205W, 4592 LM

gpsnerd
Contributor

Postby gpsnerd » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:38 pm

chucks wrote:Hi Bro Ong, I manually use my cursor arrow and placed a car at the MOST right lane of Tampines Ave 10 before the junction and set the destination as Tampines Ave 2. The GPS again told me to turn left though there is no left turn. A bit strange.....Anyway, thanks for your help and have a Merry Christmas!!!!!

pal, if u still with this problem despite a new mapset, do let us know where TO and DESTINATION points for us to test out
User of 205 / 205W
Currently using 255W and 205W, 4592 LM

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:44 pm

chucks wrote:Hi Bro Ong, I manually use my cursor arrow and placed a car at the MOST right lane of Tampines Ave 10 before the junction and set the destination as Tampines Ave 2. The GPS again told me to turn left though there is no left turn. A bit strange.....Anyway, thanks for your help and have a Merry Christmas!!!!!

Bro chucks, please confirm that MFM is the ONLY map selected. All other maps in your Nuvi are not selected.

Check in Map Info.

Return to “SG Archives”